Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 06:16 AM   #1
bastimentos OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 103
Schuberth C3 PRO

Hey everyone,

Curious to hear if anyone has experienced the new C3 PRO helmet, as it sounds like Schuberth have tried to listen to customers feedback in designing the new lid and it sounds like a pretty well resolved piece of gear.

http://www.schuberth.com/en/motorcycle/c3-pro.html

Bits I noted :

* All new liner (a common gripe among C3 owners from what I've read) made from Coolmax® and micro-fibre, all parts can be removed and washed.

* 60% greater supply of fresh air through the vents than the C3.

* 82db at 100km/h (quietest helmet they've ever made).

* New spoiler - helmet remains totally pendulum neutral in the air-flow even while riding at high speed, has no buffeting and generates zero lift.

* Matches their S2 integrated helmet by adding two built-in antennas for improved Bluetooth (the antennas are pre-set for use with their SRC communication system).

bastimentos screwed with this post 10-09-2012 at 06:21 AM
bastimentos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:46 AM   #2
Emperor Norton
Kilroy was here

Oddometer: 1,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by bastimentos View Post
Hey everyone,

Curious to hear if anyone has experienced the new C3 PRO helmet, as it sounds like Schuberth have tried to listen to customers feedback in designing the new lid and it sounds like a pretty well resolved piece of gear.

http://www.schuberth.com/en/motorcycle/c3-pro.html

Bits I noted :

* All new liner (a common gripe among C3 owners from what I've read) made from Coolmax® and micro-fibre, all parts can be removed and washed.

* 60% greater supply of fresh air through the vents than the C3.

* 82db at 100km/h (quietest helmet they've ever made).

* New spoiler - helmet remains totally pendulum neutral in the air-flow even while riding at high speed, has no buffeting and generates zero lift.

* Matches their S2 integrated helmet by adding two built-in antennas for improved Bluetooth (the antennas are pre-set for use with their SRC communication system).

I wonder if their pinlock system is less fussy than the original C3.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:11 AM   #3
EJ_92606
Rider

Oddometer: 1,779
Hmm, I wonder if they fixed the forehead tattoo feature?
EJ_92606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:29 AM   #4
Digitdion
KTM Lover

Oddometer: 73
Best helmet ever!
Digitdion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:59 AM   #5
bastimentos OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ_92606 View Post
Hmm, I wonder if they fixed the forehead tattoo feature?
I have to assume they have taken on customer feedback with the new liner, but I'm keen to find this out too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitdion View Post
Best helmet ever!
Referring to the new PRO model? Could you share your experience with it?
bastimentos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:11 AM   #6
lhendrik
Truffle Rustler

Oddometer: 2,260
Be a cold day in hell before I'll drop another $600-700 US to wear a helmet that painfully brands your forehead. I was ver disappointed that this fault only becomes evident after wearing the helmet for over an hour, precluding an in store try on as a way of selecting this otherwise nice helmet. Too bad, I went with a Neotec and am happy. Don't see where this is much more than orig C3.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:47 AM   #7
ktmrider01
l33t rider

Oddometer: 36
I saw RevZilla had a Schuberth C3 Pro listing on their site so I gave them a ring.

Unfortunately they said they had not heard anything official on a DOT version, but from what they gathered this helmet would not replace the C3, but would be an even more premium option at a higher price point than the C3 (no exact details on pricing yet) and coexist with the C3 in the helmet line. They expected fitment issues to be resolved and expected/hoped to see a DOT version sometime next year (most likely Q2).
ktmrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:55 AM   #8
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhendrik View Post
Be a cold day in hell before I'll drop another $600-700 US to wear a helmet that painfully brands your forehead. I was ver disappointed that this fault only becomes evident after wearing the helmet for over an hour, precluding an in store try on as a way of selecting this otherwise nice helmet. Too bad, I went with a Neotec and am happy. Don't see where this is much more than orig C3.
I know how much it sucks having a helmet grind your forehead,its really a matter of fit,not the helmet's fault. We all know that though.
Ive spent a lot of time wearing helmets that slowly grind the ft of my head down, Shoei some how has solved this on their new helmets,for my head anyways. Ive got a Hornet and and RF-1100 and they're both all day helmets,no pain.

This fancy looking Schuberth looks the part though!
Old 12-02-2012, 06:40 PM   #9
spyder3
n00b

Oddometer: 2
C3

Like many, i had the forehead issue with the C3 . What solved it for me was to place an S2 liner in the helmet. Problem solved. The new C3 pro also uses the S2 type liner.
spyder3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:10 PM   #10
araspitfire
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 380
I skipped over the C3. Wore a C2 since 2005.

I feel the C3Pro is equal quality to my C2. Fit is similar. Really gotta love the pinlock over the stupid coating they used on the C2. Rode to work today (on my scooter) in nearly freezing temps, in the rain.. no fogging at all. (20 minute ride) No leakage from the top of the visor.

I have a Scala Rider G9, and they put the smoked visor actuator slider in the way... I'll have to accept a short mic boom as the unit will need to mount behind the slider. Maybe Scala will make a longer boom??

Mounting speakers is a joy, the liner snaps over oval shaped speaker slots. Easy to position, lots of room for the ears.

It's a lot quieter (on my scooter) than my BMW enduro helmet. And a lot warmer.

I only heard about issues with the C3.. but I am liking the Pro..

Al...
araspitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:19 AM   #11
petzi-baer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder3 View Post
Like many, i had the forehead issue with the C3 . What solved it for me was to place an S2 liner in the helmet. Problem solved. The new C3 pro also uses the S2 type liner.
Luckily - I don't seem to to have any of these problems. I have 2 helmets as I just bought an XD4. The C3 is very quiet compared to the XD4 - daaah. Obviously, the C3 is better than it comes to wind noise, but what surprised me was how much the C3 shields off the engine noise as well. If the C3pro promise 60% more fresh air - that's a good thing,, as I feel that is a shortcoming of the C3.

I also like the idea of the bigger antennas for the new Intercom system

petzi-baer
petzi-baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:48 AM   #12
IKIGAI
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 951

[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Well,...the front vents are different, can you see that?

And the chin curtain is different, can you see that?

And what about the slider mechanism,...yep different too, can you see that?

And the cheek pieces (and more likely the full liner) have more padding, can you see that too?

For fuck sakes, the exterior shell is entirely different,...can you see that?!

Here,...this one's just for you.......

IKIGAI screwed with this post 12-04-2012 at 11:13 AM
IKIGAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:33 PM   #13
EJ_92606
Rider

Oddometer: 1,779
That matte black looks awesome...but I think I'll have to stick with white for visibility. Anyone have an update on when they will arrive in U.S.?
EJ_92606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:01 PM   #14
lhendrik
Truffle Rustler

Oddometer: 2,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by IKIGAI View Post

Well,...the front vents are different, can you see that?

And the chin curtain is different, can you see that?

And what about the slider mechanism,...yep different too, can you see that?

And the cheek pieces (and more likely the full liner) have more padding, can you see that too?

For fuck sakes, the exterior shell is entirely different,...can you see that?!

Here,...this one's just for you.......
[/QUOTE]

Well, at least they put in a new lining to address the skull crushing one. Can you see this?
Enjoy your CoolAid :)

lhendrik screwed with this post 12-04-2012 at 03:42 PM Reason: to address crazed post above:)
lhendrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:08 PM   #15
KullZilla
Work Hard, Play Harder

Oddometer: 97
Quote:
As an FYI, Schuberth has an improved liner now available that they are using on their S2 Helmets which we have been told resolves this issue. It is 100% compatible with the C3 and will be the same liner that comes stock in the C3 Pro.
KullZilla is offline   Reply With Quote