Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 10:07 PM   #1
bobzilla OP
Dirty Old Man

Oddometer: 869
Trail Tricks

I dont usually do unsolicited commentary on business I deal with but I have to make an exception for Trail Tricks

I have read of Javier's talents and decided to give him a try on my 09 690. He called and asked more questions after reading my form which was pretty detailed. Some have said that communications are a bit difficult but I found him to speak MOTORCYCLE very well . His helper Guerillmo is also very helpful and returns calls promptly.

I had him do what ever he needed to my forks and shock. It wasn't cheap but I figure you get what you pay for most of the time. This time I was wrong. I got more than I hoped. I am not saying there is no more room for improvement but I think all the rest can be dialed in. This shit is SWEET.

Stock the forks were harsh and deflected in rocks and both the front and rear sucked in the whoops. I know 690 in the whoops??? WTF am I thinking but I ride this like a dirt bike. Last weekend was the first time I was really able to test the new boingers and did so on a Hare Scrambles course that had 300 riders do 2 laps on a couple of months ago. It was very whooped out with lots of braking and acceleration chop. Really no smooth left in the 40 mile loop. I was able to ride the bike at a pace just below that I do on my Husaberg 550 and its at least 60 lbs lighter. The shock packs a little bit on long whoops sections but the rest of the time it is GREAT. Forks are some of the best I have had. That says alot .. Ive ridden Hamels Bike and Dicks , Acme, Procircut, Race tech, and Factory Connection, Javier has them beat ,this set up is awesome. Many times I have gotten stuff back that I just could never dial in . Javier answered calls from me setting it up and is a really nice guy to deal with. His prices on other stuff are also good and shipping is fast.

Trail Tricks, Thanks for good product and great service

Hey Did you get my tank bolts yet? lol
01 DR Frankenbike 650
76 CB750
Old 04-29-2010, 08:36 AM   #2
wachs
just passin' through

Oddometer: 4,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobzilla
Javier answered calls from me setting it up and is a really nice guy to deal with. His prices on other stuff are also good and shipping is fast.

+1 on all that. Javi did the motor on my 525 and it's as good (or maybe better) than new.

http://www.altrider.com/product/cate...rch/hemisphere
Old 05-06-2010, 10:30 AM   #3
trailtrick
goat trail rider

Oddometer: 3,306
Quote:
I dont usually do unsolicited commentary on business I deal with but I have to make an exception for Trail Tricks

I have read of Javier's talents and decided to give him a try on my 09 690. He called and asked more questions after reading my form which was pretty detailed. Some have said that communications are a bit difficult but I found him to speak MOTORCYCLE very well . His helper Guerillmo is also very helpful and returns calls promptly.

I had him do what ever he needed to my forks and shock. It wasn't cheap but I figure you get what you pay for most of the time. This time I was wrong. I got more than I hoped. I am not saying there is no more room for improvement but I think all the rest can be dialed in. This shit is SWEET.

Stock the forks were harsh and deflected in rocks and both the front and rear sucked in the whoops. I know 690 in the whoops??? WTF am I thinking but I ride this like a dirt bike. Last weekend was the first time I was really able to test the new boingers and did so on a Hare Scrambles course that had 300 riders do 2 laps on a couple of months ago. It was very whooped out with lots of braking and acceleration chop. Really no smooth left in the 40 mile loop. I was able to ride the bike at a pace just below that I do on my Husaberg 550 and its at least 60 lbs lighter. The shock packs a little bit on long whoops sections but the rest of the time it is GREAT. Forks are some of the best I have had. That says alot .. Ive ridden Hamels Bike and Dicks , Acme, Procircut, Race tech, and Factory Connection, Javier has them beat ,this set up is awesome. Many times I have gotten stuff back that I just could never dial in . Javier answered calls from me setting it up and is a really nice guy to deal with. His prices on other stuff are also good and shipping is fast.

Thanks Bob , ship those bolts tuesday , heck i got theme tuesday .
Also thanks for those GPS tracks ,their are very helpfull

Kampale Moto Ranch
Bed and Breakfast
mototours/uruguay south america
Old 05-06-2010, 10:36 AM   #4
Country Doc
Wanderer

Oddometer: 2,656
Javier did the suspension (and a few other things) on my old, slow '94 DR350.

It is FANTASTIC. Supple, plush, yet resistant to bottoming. Great feedback. I find it easier to ride in the rough stuff than my '09 450EXC, which beats me up.

Zero complaints, always prompt communication. Prices were totally reasonable. Javier is the man.

I would recommend him 110%. I'm getting him to do the motor on the same bike this year. Hey, I have to spend my line of credit on something.

dc
Old 05-07-2010, 07:46 AM   #5
bobzilla OP
Dirty Old Man

Oddometer: 869
Javi
sent you some more busniess from the e coast. He wants his the same as mine but I think he is about 15lbs lighter. btw the forks are maybe the best Ive had, shock I need to fiddle with a bit but man the harder I ride it the better it is
Thanks
01 DR Frankenbike 650
76 CB750
Old 05-07-2010, 08:51 AM   #6
trailtrick
goat trail rider

Quote:
Javi
sent you some more busniess from the e coast. He wants his the same as mine but I think he is about 15lbs lighter. btw the forks are maybe the best Ive had, shock I need to fiddle with a bit but man the harder I ride it the better it is
Thanks
That is the idea ,improve you skills and comfort level.
I took to Kevin allready, thanks ,play with the h/s on the shock from 1 to 2 turns out and see

Kampale Moto Ranch
Bed and Breakfast
Old 01-28-2011, 02:28 PM   #7
OlDirt58
Pucker bush dodger

Oddometer: 170
Trail Tricks and a Yamaha WR250 R

I have had Javier and company work over the suspension on my Yamaha WR250 R enduro. Now keep in mind that this particular bike comes a bit on the heavy side and being slated a "dual sport/ enduro" I was not expecting much for quality parts in the suspension or performance, and quickly learned that the bike will do a lot, just not very good. Then I noticed that Javier at Trail Tricks purchased one of these and was testing (R&D).
So, I decided he was the guy, and after I called for prices, thought, that is not as expensive, as I have heard what others are paying elsewhere. My thought was that these are really bad quality shocks and you can't work miracles with them. Well, that's what I get for thinking, Trail Tricks turned my heavy wallowing unbalanced bike to a near true dirt bike. Balance and control is so much more than I had hoped for. No regrets, and was a bargain for the price, worth much more. All the guy's at the shop are great, easy to talk to and will listen to what "you" say you want.

Very satisfied.
Thanks

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...00000553457836
Old 02-04-2011, 01:10 PM   #8
trailtrick
goat trail rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlDirt58 View Post
I have had Javier and company work over the suspension on my Yamaha WR250 R enduro. Now keep in mind that this particular bike comes a bit on the heavy side and being slated a "dual sport/ enduro" I was not expecting much for quality parts in the suspension or performance, and quickly learned that the bike will do a lot, just not very good. Then I noticed that Javier at Trail Tricks purchased one of these and was testing (R&D).
So, I decided he was the guy, and after I called for prices, thought, that is not as expensive, as I have heard what others are paying elsewhere. My thought was that these are really bad quality shocks and you can't work miracles with them. Well, that's what I get for thinking, Trail Tricks turned my heavy wallowing unbalanced bike to a near true dirt bike. Balance and control is so much more than I had hoped for. No regrets, and was a bargain for the price, worth much more. All the guy's at the shop are great, easy to talk to and will listen to what "you" say you want.

Very satisfied.
Thanks
Thanks, glad you like it .

Kampale Moto Ranch
Bed and Breakfast
Old 02-04-2011, 01:14 PM   #9
Country Doc
Wanderer

Oddometer: 2,656
I think I've finally convinced Rinconrider to pony up and get you to fix the suspension on his WRR. I've had enough watching him bounce around the trails, front end washing out unpredictably, back end slapping him in the ass on every whoop.

Trailtricks is a great shop. Personal, high quality service, fair prices, good guys. An awfully rare thing these days.

dc
Old 02-04-2011, 01:46 PM   #10
KTMforget
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 790
I concur. Great service and an excellent suspension Guru. He did the suspension on my 520 and transformed it. He also completely reworked and lower the suspension on my wife's 990 (so she could flat foot it) and she absolutely loves it. Best suspension she has ever had.

Can't wait for Javier to do the suspension on my 950 Super Enduro next month. Right before it take it to Baja for "TESTING"!!

We specialize in the best parts for BMW and KTM Adventure bikes. WE TEST WHAT WE SELL!! Not just MADE in the U.S.A., made BETTER!
Old 02-05-2011, 11:18 AM   #11
sito
Where the Hell am I?

Oddometer: 1,523
Javier's got both my 530 & SE at his shop, both bikes getting the full trailtrick make over treatment! Looking forward to testing out his majic! He has worked wonders for me in the past plus he is a great guy to ride with. He loves what he does and is passionate about it. One great thing about Javier is that he is a great rider and uses this knowledge in his practice. I will post up some picks and a report when I get my babys back next week!
Old 02-15-2011, 06:15 PM   #12
trailtrick
goat trail rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by sito View Post
Javier's got both my 530 & SE at his shop, both bikes getting the full trailtrick make over treatment! Looking forward to testing out his majic! He has worked wonders for me in the past plus he is a great guy to ride with. He loves what he does and is passionate about it. One great thing about Javier is that he is a great rider and uses this knowledge in his practice. I will post up some picks and a report when I get my babys back next week!
How those bike work for you Sito ??

Kampale Moto Ranch
Bed and Breakfast
Old 02-18-2011, 04:18 PM   #13
sito
Where the Hell am I?

Oddometer: 1,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by sito View Post
Javier's got both my 530 & SE at his shop, both bikes getting the full trailtrick make over treatment! Looking forward to testing out his magic! He has worked wonders for me in the past plus he is a great guy to ride with. He loves what he does and is passionate about it. One great thing about Javier is that he is a great rider and uses this knowledge in his practice. I will post up some picks and a report when I get my baby's back next week!

Well all I can review right now is the 950SE, All I can say is this bike is incredible! I'm very very happy with the work Trail Tricks has done. The bike suspension is amazing, I'm a big dude 240lbs and I was pushing this bike to see what it could do and I was not disappointed, 100% improvement above the stock set up. Bike feels great, soft when you want it firm when you need it. The bike handles and feels like a little bike. The money I spent was justified in the first ride: 60/70 mph down a dirt road, came over a blind hill and found 2' deep ruts crisscrossing the road in front of me. Normally I would have grab the brakes and most likly ended up in a pile in the ruts, instead I hit the gas and the bike sucked up the ruts with out batting and eye. The guy behind me was not so lucky!

If you have an SE or ADV send it in for the full Trail Tricks make over, you will not regret it!

Things Javier did:
1. suspension
2. ceramic coated the ex-pipes
3. 2 into 1
4. de smog
5. jetting
6 heated grips (nice clean install)
7. 16t sprocket
8. Help me get my seat done!
9. shark fin
10. pre filter
11. Flex bar and hand guards
12. race prep set up!

Taking out the 530 this weekend can't wait to play with this one!
Old 09-20-2012, 01:41 PM   #14
sam_wilson
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobzilla View Post

Still can't understand a word the guy is saying AND he's now out of business...how does THAT happen to a guy that's supposed to be SOOO good ?
Old 09-20-2012, 05:37 PM   #15
herrhelmet
A Serious Man

Oddometer: 2,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_wilson View Post
Still can't understand a word the guy is saying AND he's now out of business...how does THAT happen to a guy that's supposed to be SOOO good ?
Javier is a great guy. You just haven't smoked enough pot to understand him.

He is the KING of suspension. Just not business here in the USA. but ride and hang out with him is to know him.