Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Trials
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2013, 08:27 PM   #616
nmtrialsguy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 158
Thumb These posts are great, Keep it up!

It is great to hear about what happened in your various sections. Today, I got a sampling of really good photographs from John Denne, a Taos News photojournalist who came out on Sunday. I probably talked with him for at least a half hour answering his many qustions about how it all worked. Anyhow, in the pictures he sent me today, he has a sequence of Bill d looking determined to make it up something that looks pretty spectacular--a great determined face shot, then an almost out of control shot followed by a very dusted up old guy like phoenix rising from the ashes shot, tough guy Billy d is!

John promised to send me a CD of all of his pictures from Sunday. Though he only got to 3-4 sections, he took a lot. I will collect these pictures and those that Bob Clancy took, and possibly some from the Meyerpeters mom and will have them put onto a DVD or CD and get copies made for all of the NMTA and other workers. That should help us all see at least some of the action from other sections!

On another note, it absolutely pained me to see how hard Grzzly's wife worked to help out both days. On Sunday the proximity of 12 to the pits caused her to be on her feet too much. I feel bad that I never thanked her personally and can only hope that Grizz will convey my deep appreciation for her efforts to help out. She was as tough or tougher than Billy d!

I would still like to hear/see more of what made the weekend a great time for each of you!. Thanks for sharing!
nmtrialsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:44 AM   #617
thegraydog
2 wheels X 6 ways

Oddometer: 589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
For me, it was seeing Sam clean his first section (#2 Sunday) as a pro!!
He was so freaking pumped and excited!

Congrats Sammy!!
The Grizz pic of Sammy practicing wet dabs had me wondering, since I know how big that wall out of the creek is. UgoBoy!
thegraydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:37 AM   #618
Brake
"Tractor right up it"

Oddometer: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmtrialsguy View Post

I would still like to hear/see more of what made the weekend a great time for each of you!. Thanks for sharing!
Top notch event. The layout and venue could not have been better. I personally enjoy climbing around the mountain to watch sections but to have a running chairlift to take up and hit sections all the way down was "awesome." I talked with a handful of people that were not there for the event but were able to enjoy and spectate for that reason alone. Always cool to introduce this sport to people for the first time...............Thank you all very much for what you do!!!

I have a few videos I'll try and upload later..........

Brake screwed with this post 08-06-2013 at 07:46 AM
Brake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:11 PM   #619
nwcycle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,000
Awesome Event

Just wish that chair lift was faster !!!!
nwcycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:48 PM   #620
Brake
"Tractor right up it"

Smage struggled with this section.

Roper same section.

New Mexico's own. Tough EX section. He did the best I saw.

Smage. The section Gordy was scoring. Sorry crappy video

My girlfriend
Old 08-06-2013, 04:46 PM   #621
BEEF706
King of the dumb dab

Oddometer: 656
Thanks for the video Brake!
BEEF706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:55 PM   #622
NMTrailboss
Team Dead End

Oddometer: 5,715
Nice video's Blake! Thanks for posting them!
Old 08-06-2013, 06:04 PM   #623
Brake
"Tractor right up it"

Ray Peters

Smage
Old 08-07-2013, 05:52 PM   #624
rokhopr
2014 Beta 200

Oddometer: 58

Location Location Location, Sipapu is my favorite place to ride and Team NMTA rocks - every person there was fully committed to making the event the success it was.

Thanks everybody - job well done
rokhopr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:37 PM   #625
lineaway
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,191
Best thing of hosting a national is it always brings out old club members! Williard and Jan kelly, also Jack Atkins were scoring. On saturday night I ran into Norm & Lisa Atkins. Also saw Bill Hanson, Greg Kurtz , Thom Lyle, and many others. Weird Harold was our first Montesa dealer.
Thanks again to the Harold`s for the team dinner. For those that missed it we had a scorers/workers and left over rider dinner Sunday night in the tent.
It was just great to see all the ADV inmates again at the event. Still have not met Brake, even though he was taping at my section Saturday! Thanks all for coming , it ended up being a good event. (Just hope we don`t do one again for a few years).
lineaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:56 PM   #626
BEEF706
King of the dumb dab

Oddometer: 656
I had the pleasure of meeting and scoring with Jack on Saturday, and saw weird Harold too. I think the only one I didn't meet that I had intended too was Lineaway
BEEF706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:53 PM   #627
lineaway
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,191
I was out riding Saturday night. Quite bored with myself after not riding. I love wheelies going up the slopes. Spent 45 minutes or so doing 4th and 5th gear, just fun by myself. Got the bike hot. It shut down on the way back. Did some pushing, my son was not happy being his bike.
Sunday morning up at 5 am. Pull off the S/A. It was plugged solid with melted aluminum. Panic sets in, pulled the plug. Just a little black/wet. Waited till a more pleasant time of day. 6:45 first three kicks and a weird sound. 4th kick it fired, cleared the exhaust. Everything back to normal. Must have melted the aluminum baffle in the center box!!

lineaway screwed with this post 08-08-2013 at 05:53 AM
lineaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:37 PM   #628
AteamNM
Wonna Be ADVrider

Oddometer: 3,422
I had a senior 50 rider form Georgia tell me this was his first time ever in the Rocky Mountains. He said before he finished the 9th section on his first loop he thought he would quit. He was having a hard time breathing, exhausted. But he drank more water and carried on. He told me this after he finished his third loop on Sunday. After he told me he was riding on one kidney, he said it was his best experience ever on a motorcycle.
AteamNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 06:34 AM   #629
NMTrailboss
Team Dead End

Oddometer: 5,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by AteamNM View Post
I had a senior 50 rider form Georgia tell me this was his first time ever in the Rocky Mountains. He said before he finished the 9th section on his first loop he thought he would quit. He was having a hard time breathing, exhausted. But he drank more water and carried on. He told me this after he finished his third loop on Sunday. After he told me he was riding on one kidney, he said it was his best experience ever on a motorcycle.

Win!
Old 08-08-2013, 06:50 AM   #630
thegraydog
2 wheels X 6 ways

Oddometer: 589
Quote:
Originally Posted by lineaway View Post
I was out riding Saturday night. Quite bored with myself after not riding. I love wheelies going up the slopes. Spent 45 minutes or so doing 4th and 5th gear, just fun by myself. Got the bike hot. It shut down on the way back. Did some pushing, my son was not happy being his bike.
Sunday morning up at 5 am. Pull off the S/A. It was plugged solid with melted aluminum. Panic sets in, pulled the plug. Just a little black/wet. Waited till a more pleasant time of day. 6:45 first three kicks and a weird sound. 4th kick it fired, cleared the exhaust. Everything back to normal. Must have melted the aluminum baffle in the center box!!
Goes the other way in my family. The kid is over riding my bike while his waits on parts. It was smoking enough that I asked him whether the choke was on. No, so he revved it for half a minute until his sister came to see if we needed a fire extinquisher, the whole yard was full of smoke! We decided that riding off idle for months at a time gets things pretty carboned up...
thegraydog is offline   Reply With Quote