Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Trials
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2012, 07:59 PM   #121
lineaway
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,145
[QUOTE=Gordy;20214700]When we planted the new one a few years ago at a work day, no one said anything about the old being an "artifact".

The BLM in Roswell brought up that new rule during the walk through. So the two containers of trash we removed years ago would now be vandelizing an historic classed trash site!
lineaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:14 PM   #122
grizzzly
The Pre-Banned Version

Oddometer: 3,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
When we planted the new one a few years ago at a work day, no one said anything about the old being an "artifact".

You have got to be making that up.

We were told that it was going to be up-dated with some additional info put in it and to not take it down. How can you up-date an artifact?

If it is in fact an artifact, we should rope it off so that it continues to age gracefully. .

i think that old one should be rebuilt up-dated and placed by the front gate

grizzzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:32 PM   #123
Gordy OP
Team Listo

Oddometer: 21,585
Man made artifacts must be 100 years old according to everything I can find.

OK, let's move on to the lack of club t-shirts.

Most (all?) clubs have t-shirts. Even most big rides nowadays have a t-shirt made up to commemorate the event and make some money. We must not need any extra money.

He'll, we could sell t-shirts all,year to help pay for sweatshirts to give away to guys that successfully sandbagged their class all year! Sorry, that was un-called for.
Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:21 AM   #124
lineaway
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,145
We quit doing t`s about the time Lance was looking preganant. At one point we had about six colors of club t`s which also served as awards at two day events. I think you might have created a new board position and you are the man perfect for the job. Congratulations, all in favor!?! Aye! That should do it.
NMTA`s first Public Director in charge of positive re-inforcement of the clubs image. Great timing with the national coming up this year we need all the right people in charge.
lineaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:57 AM   #125
brewtus
Buffoonery, Inc.

Oddometer: 2,722
Quote:
Man made artifacts must be 100 years old according to everything I can find.

OK, let's move on to the lack of club t-shirts.

Most (all?) clubs have t-shirts. Even most big rides nowadays have a t-shirt made up to commemorate the event and make some money. We must not need any extra money.

He'll, we could sell t-shirts all,year to help pay for sweatshirts to give away to guys that successfully sandbagged their class all year! Sorry, that was un-called for.

Good points all. The BLM guy in Roswell was saying anything 50 years old or older is considered "artifact". How accurate that is I'm not sure, nor do I particularly care. It's just what he said.

The Kiosk does need an upgrade. The club has not had the funds to do so for the past few years. If the BLM finances it, it just forces another reason for them to open it up to the public so they don't want to, and we don't want them to. Updating the NMTA kiosk has been discussed for the past few years at board meetings, but the lack of funds has prevented it. T-shirt sales are a good idea, Gordy. You came up with the idea, you own it. The 40th anniversary shirts were my idea, I got T-Dawg involved since he was the local dealer, we came up with the designs and Trev sold them. What sort of designs were you thinking of for some new NMTA shirts?
brewtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:38 AM   #126
Southmt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 130
I would think the expense wouldn't be a lot, mostly for new plexiglass. At the minimum, we can do new contents, rules, schedule, map, etc.
Southmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:45 AM   #127
Gordy OP
Team Listo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southmt View Post
I would think the expense wouldn't be a lot, mostly for new plexiglass. At the minimum, we can do new contents, rules, schedule, map, etc.
Now you have opened a can of worms.

Rulz.

Where is the current rulz book?

That was actually item four on my wish list. We are getting ahead here.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:39 AM   #128
NMTrailboss
Team Dead End

Oddometer: 5,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southmt View Post
I agree this seems as though it wouldn't be a large expense unless there is something I'm not thinking about. Anybody have an idea what they think this would cost? Paint, plexy, a few other items...? Possibly could even just take a collection from the 'Sunday SY Practice Gang' and fund most or all of the project without dipping into club funds directly at all?
Maybe time for a breakfast meeting!
Old 12-10-2012, 08:40 AM   #129
Gordy OP
Team Listo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMTrailboss View Post
I agree this seems as though it wouldn't be a large expense unless there is something I'm not thinking about. Anybody have an idea what they think this would cost? Paint, plexy, a few other items...? Possibly could even just take a collection from the 'Sunday SY Practice Gang' and fund most or all of the project without dipping into club funds directly at all?
Maybe time for a breakfast meeting!

All we need is some plexiglass, weatherstripping and some professional info to put in it.

I'm good for some $$ and some labor.

I think IMO, it would be best served right where it is at with some historical info in it and mostly to explain how the area became a co-operative agreement with the BLM. If we had something printed up and laminated, it might last a while longer.

Curtis, can you post up the pics of the Gallup kiosk that you took? It is first class and will give us an idea of what one should look like. The new one is way too small to have enough info in it, so if we get the old one up to speed, with both of them it may be sufficient. I remember thieirs was chock full of info on both sides.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:43 AM   #130
Gordy OP
Team Listo

This sign is probably sufficient for the front gate area. I think it is way cool and pretty much says it all.

Old 12-10-2012, 08:45 AM   #131
AteamNM
Wonna Be ADVrider

Oddometer: 3,386
T shirts??????

Club logo apparel is strictly limited to only those that place in the year end standings. The club has to save money so we can spend it all on the same old folks wearing schwag while the rest do with out. Now get back in line and keep your mouth shut. Real loop markers, ha. The costs of loop markers is just too much, got to save money for jackets. Web site, no can't do anything about that, got to save money for cheap trials master glasses.

However, the board does the best they can with little praise or appreciation. There would be no club without the board so thank you for doing a thankless job.
AteamNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:19 AM   #132
NMTrailboss
Team Dead End

Oddometer: 5,674
Quote:
Curtis, can you post up the pics of the Gallup kiosk that you took? It is first class and will give us an idea of what one should look like. The new one is way too small to have enough info in it, so if we get the old one up to speed, with both of them it may be sufficient. I remember thieirs was chock full of info on both sides.
Ask and ye shall receive...

This is the front side viewed as you enter the OHV Park.

The red 'box' at the base of the kiosk is full of OHV information pamphlets and facility information that can be taken by visitors.

Back side has a map of the area, OHV information, rules and regulations.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:20 AM   #133
Gordy OP
Team Listo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AteamNM View Post
T shirts??????

Club logo apparel is strictly limited to only those that place in the year end standings. The club has to save money so we can spend it all on the same old folks wearing schwag while the rest do with out. Now get back in line and keep your mouth shut. Real loop markers, ha. The costs of loop markers is just too much, got to save money for jackets. Web site, no can't do anything about that, got to save money for cheap trials master glasses.

However, the board does the best they can with little praise or appreciation. There would be no club without the board so thank you for doing a thankless job.
WTF? You beat them up and then praise them in the same post. Been bi-polar long?

You have some good points though and were close to touching on Club Decals.

Hell, I ride with a tiny band of mis-fit desert riders that have nice truck decals.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:50 AM   #134
brewtus
Buffoonery, Inc.

Oddometer: 2,722
Quote:

You have some good points though and were close to touching on Club Decals.

Hell, I ride with a tiny band of mis-fit desert riders that have nice truck decals.
Truck decals are still available. $5, can be bought at any event. Smaller "freebie" stickers ran out earlier this year, I'll bring it up again to the board.
brewtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:30 AM   #135
AteamNM
Wonna Be ADVrider

Oddometer: 3,386
Quote:
WTF? Been bi-polar long?
Yes.
AteamNM is offline   Reply With Quote