ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2012, 06:35 PM   #121
Off Road Ryder
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMarine View Post
Green Mountain should only be ridden on weekdays to minimize conflicts and maximize our opportunity to ride there. Please.

Im all for getting along with other user groups, Fact is if you dont use it you will lose it

Should we just bend over and say.. its all yours, have fun on our trails
GM was an trail bike area before any hiker, Mtn biker, or horseman ever laid foot on it. lets see. kind of like Tiger Mtn and Reitter.

Just be courteous and smile when they glare you down.
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:49 PM   #122
robdogg
turnip truck driver

Oddometer: 1,745
well, since your out on the peninsula, the only place you can really ride out your back door too are Tahyuah, Green Mtn, and maybe some of the trails in Quilcene area..

I am not much of an enduro/ISDE racer.. I have done a few, but not this one. The Cowbell does have a reputation for being wicked tough in years past though. Here's a quote from a little write up on the NMA website a couple of years ago

".... A National Enduro never returned to Bellingham. But all was vindicated for Lyle when in 2004; Dirt Bike magazine published an article entitled "My toughest race [What doesn't kill you makes you tougher.] In which 11 pro racers give 15 examples of 9 different races. Two of those races were put on by the MBMC with Lyle at the helm. Mike Lafferty included the Cowbell as his toughest race and I read he's a classic mud and gunk racer. Ty Davis summed up a Cowbell quite well "...My last sad event was a National Enduro in Bellingham. Some lunatic on a YZ 490 was the promoter; it rained, it was freezing, and it was nasty. The terrain was slimy, muddy, rutty and it just plain sucked. We haven't been back since and I'm happy about that."

Having said that, they have since moved the venue from Walker Valley which has some of the nastiest terrain ever to see a trail, and they now run it up from their own property if I am not mistaken. Plus, it's an ISDE format now, so your not on the gas all the time.. not to say it's easy, but difficulty is all relative anyway, and really weather dependent.. but one thing for sure, these guys have decades of experience in putting on well run events, as most, if not all of the clubs around Western WA and Oregon.

I'd personally wait for spring and ride the Shelton Enduro (much closer to you) or the Blackbear which is held at Tahuya.. both are a hoot, and way more reasonable for this old pup.. heh..

EDIT.. P.S. If you really are interested in the event, or really, more single track related riding, go on over to Thumpertalk.com and to the Northwest forums(http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/33-northwest/) . Not that there arn't plenty of single track riders here, but Thumpertalk is kind of the de-facto site for discussions about local trail riding/racing etc.

robdogg screwed with this post 10-22-2012 at 07:04 PM
robdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:54 AM   #123
shrubitup
Uncouth Sloth

Oddometer: 1,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops Motorsports View Post
Im all for getting along with other user groups, Fact is if you dont use it you will lose it

Should we just bend over and say.. its all yours, have fun on our trails
GM was an trail bike area before any hiker, Mtn biker, or horseman ever laid foot on it. lets see. kind of like Tiger Mtn and Reitter.

Just be courteous and smile when they glare you down.
If you visibly use it the perceived conflict level increases. Riding back in the shadows when fewer people use the area helps keep it open.

Common complaint from non-moto users at planning meetings is the fear of being run over. Nobody has even been run down there but the fear exists regardless of rationale concern. Creeping around out there in the shadows takes at least some of the focus off trail bike use there. The less communication from public to DNR about trail bikes at GM the better.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:03 AM   #124
guns_equal_freedom
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrubitup View Post
Common complaint from non-moto users at planning meetings is the fear of being run over.
We need to educate the non-moto users at those meetings.

You are not being run over, you are being used for traction.
guns_equal_freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:22 AM   #125
Off Road Ryder
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,333
Quote:
If you visibly use it the perceived conflict level increases. Riding back in the shadows when fewer people use the area helps keep it open.

Common complaint from non-moto users at planning meetings is the fear of being run over. Nobody has even been run down there but the fear exists regardless of rationale concern. Creeping around out there in the shadows takes at least some of the focus off trail bike use there. The less communication from public to DNR about trail bikes at GM the better.
I understand and somewhat agree with the thought. On principal it pisses me off..
Next reitter?? you bet
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:51 AM   #126
n16ht5
ride the night

Oddometer: 2,323
Quote:

this
n16ht5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:53 PM   #127
riceless950 OP
Let's Ride!

Oddometer: 3,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by guns_equal_freedom View Post
Not this Sunday.
Ya gotta give me more than an afternoons notice.

Oh yea, I don't have an adventure bike.

Going to ride Husky's tomorrow with Masterchief at the Husky / Taskey shindig.
That Husky Demo looks like it WAS fun. Wish I'd known about it.

If you bring your TL1000 out to the peninsula trails it would definitely be an adventure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrubitup
Common complaint from non-moto users at planning meetings is the fear of being run over.
In 45+ years of trail riding the only people I've run over or into is other moto riders. Although I've come real close to blasting a few headphone wearing fast guys on mountain bikes.
riceless950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:03 AM   #128
peterman
cop magnet

Oddometer: 13,336
[QUOTE

In 45+ years of trail riding the only people I've run over or into is other moto riders. Although I've come real close to blasting a few headphone wearing fast guys on mountain bikes. [/QUOTE]

See?! that's what I mean right there!
If you ain't never run up nearly under a horse or pack mule, then you ain't rid'n no trails at all. Pshaw!,, I say!

45 years!??,,Puppy!
terrifying kids on mountain bike trails,,,Harrumph! Hardcore indeed!
Wow! you really are an accomplished phenom,,how many kids have you sent to their death over the cliff when you ran them off the trail?
Do you keep track of their names and ages? or just piss over the side of the cliff in remembrance while you listen for them to hit the bottom?
sounds more like a bully on the trails to me.

Or are they your closest competition? Somebody you can actually pass on an uphill track?
I say again,,Pshaw!a worthy trail mule would kick yer front tire,btdt!

mountain-biker terrorist!!,,they'll start legislation against people like you!
Mark my words!
peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:47 PM   #129
IDRIDR
Take me to the River

Oddometer: 1,354
My riding buddy was doing a Boise foothill trail ride this summer. Hiker coming up the trail in opposite direction, steps off trail to apparently let my buddy pass, which he tried to do slowly and respectfully. Hiker pushes rider down hill on a steep section and starts yellin and bitchin about how rider is supposed yield, stop to let hiker by. Hiker takes off leaving rider pinned under his bike.

Another rider comes along and helps my buddy get his bike back onto the trail and tells a similar story about the hiker who jumped right in front of his bike after stepping off the trail, trying to whack him too.

They are out there....
IDRIDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:17 PM   #130
guns_equal_freedom
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDRIDR View Post
My riding buddy was doing a Boise foothill trail ride this summer. Hiker coming up the trail in opposite direction, steps off trail to apparently let my buddy pass, which he tried to do slowly and respectfully. Hiker pushes rider down hill on a steep section and starts yellin and bitchin about how rider is supposed yield, stop to let hiker by. Hiker takes off leaving rider pinned under his bike.

Another rider comes along and helps my buddy get his bike back onto the trail and tells a similar story about the hiker who jumped right in front of his bike after stepping off the trail, trying to whack him too.

They are out there....
Story ending fail.

Should have ended with both of them finding that hiker and kicking the living shit out of him.

guns_equal_freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:16 PM   #131
mxbundy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 893
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterman View Post
[QUOTE

In 45+ years of trail riding the only people I've run over or into is other moto riders. Although I've come real close to blasting a few headphone wearing fast guys on mountain bikes.
If you ain't never run up nearly under a horse or pack mule, then you ain't rid'n no trails at all. Pshaw!,, I say!

45 years!??,,Puppy!
Wow! you really are an accomplished phenom,,how many kids have you sent to their death over the cliff when you ran them off the trail?
Do you keep track of their names and ages? or just piss over the side of the cliff in remembrance while you listen for them to hit the bottom?

Or are they your closest competition? Somebody you can actually pass on an uphill track?

Mark my words![/QUOTE]

I really hope you are just messing around with this, because I think you need an attitude adjustment!

Check out http://seatconcepts.com/ , your ass will appreciate it!
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=621311
mxbundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:33 PM   #132
RAZR
yup ima hairstylist

Oddometer: 8,921
Quote:

45 years!??,,Puppy!

Mark my words!

all hot air.
RAZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:19 PM   #133
peterman
cop magnet

Oddometer: 13,336
So!

all riceless950's worshippers have no clue of sarcasm, nor a sense of humor!
Not surprising,from such a tremendous group of cauifornia elites!, get over yourselves.
The OP was a TROLL!
duh!?
I have responded in like fashion,,trolling,,you buncha suckerfish just ate the bait,the goal is to go clear over the top with ridiculous and unfounded crap, and see who bites at it,,,don't admonish me for your failings.
Riceless,,first beers are on me,I hope you can drink better than you ride, just sayin,,Oh, and,fuck yer whiny buddies! (good that they come for your back-up tho, that's good friends,,I'd do the same,,if I liked you)

not sayin I don't,,just haven't met you yet.
Geez,, I miss the old ADV sometimes.
FYYFF's!
peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:25 AM   #134
RAZR
yup ima hairstylist

Oddometer: 8,921
Quote:
So!

all riceless950's worshippers have no clue of sarcasm, nor a sense of humor!
Not surprising,from such a tremendous group of cauifornia elites!, get over yourselves.
The OP was a TROLL!
duh!?
I have responded in like fashion,,trolling,,you buncha suckerfish just ate the bait,the goal is to go clear over the top with ridiculous and unfounded crap, and see who bites at it,,,don't admonish me for your failings.
Riceless,,first beers are on me,I hope you can drink better than you ride, just sayin,,Oh, and,fuck yer whiny buddies! (good that they come for your back-up tho, that's good friends,,I'd do the same,,if I liked you)

not sayin I don't,,just haven't met you yet.
Geez,, I miss the old ADV sometimes.
FYYFF's!
I'm from Washington dumbass.
RAZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:09 AM   #135
GSguy
Here's a quarter.

Oddometer: 3,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZR View Post
I'm from Washington dumbass.
Lighten up Frances.