Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2009, 08:16 AM   #1726
atk_nut
and atk_nut_wife

Oddometer: 596
Hey Lady Draco,glad to see I'm not the only one with a crap load of horses,dogs,cats ect.No cattle though.That walk about idea is great.Saves money and time.Had an indoor ring put up a year and a half ago and they completely botched it.Haven't been able to build stalls or use it at all.Training has gone to shit and I'm pretty down on the whole thing.That's why I've decided to just ride,ride,ride(my bike) to take my mind off of it.Going today for my first ride of the year,have to put borium studds in a drafters shoes but it's -3.I went in yesterday to the BMW shop checking out the screw in studds that Paul Mondor used to go across Canada last winter and all the guys in the shop helped me out.I'm hoping it works.We goof around and play cowboy polo at home here.It's alot of fun and fine tunes your riding.Anyways,gotta get the kids to school and shoe a couple of beasts.
atk_nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:20 AM   #1727
LadyDraco
KillerSmileIHazIt !!

Oddometer: 27,369
That's back breaking work... I use to keep the mares trimmed ...
And can pop a nail in a shoe if needed....
My mate use to shoe our stock.... We don't do that anymore ... Everyone just stays bare foot now... And our stock have great feet... Nature keep them trimmed now... Most are aged..... When they have land to roam it's amazing how the foot can get very healthy on it's own....
Our main stallion had great feet and all his get got his feet !!!
The other stallion has good feet... His get have good feet as well...

Tracy

Check it from time to time as I'm always adding to it..
My Rides and life on the Farm
LadyDraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:12 AM   #1728
atk_nut
and atk_nut_wife

I'd love to do that but it's really wet here.The back trails are all blasted rock,a bit tough on wet soggy hooves.What breeds are your studs?
Old 03-12-2009, 01:33 PM   #1729
LadyDraco
KillerSmileIHazIt !!

Oddometer: 27,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by atk_nut
I'd love to do that but it's really wet here.The back trails are all blasted rock,a bit tough on wet soggy hooves.What breeds are your studs?
Our main Stallion passed away last year at the age of 26... He was a son of Riva Ridge.....

My other stallion is a son of Fio Rito... Thoroughbreds... I have 1 appxQH BM..
1 TB BM, 1 Arab BM,1 Anglo-Arab filly, a bunch of Geldings ..1 30+ pony...

Mine don't do anything now .... The place we moved to has NO facilities at all... I own a mountain ... But no barns or rings... So they are just living a good semi Liberty life ... The stallion has his own field..... Mares and Geldings run with the cattle...

I never thought longhorns and horses would get a long so well as ours do...

LOL .. I forgot to say when the gals go walkabout they take the whole cattle family with them ... And they all come back home ..

Check it from time to time as I'm always adding to it..
My Rides and life on the Farm
LadyDraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:13 PM   #1730
atk_nut
and atk_nut_wife

Just got back from my quick spin.It was awsome!!!Man I needed that.The stupid thing is that my front display shows the temp.....with a little snow flake!It's so cute!!! Like I couln't figure out how cold it was at 130km.
Old 03-13-2009, 05:24 AM   #1731
Buzzy
Dudley Lives

Oddometer: 178
This is FANTASTIC!!! Thank you for sharing, KC! And the music is amazing! Who is it??

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCDakar
A little entertainment from a ride I did this summer...
My Summer Ride from KCDakar on Vimeo.

If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got.
Buzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 01:40 PM   #1732
Buzzy
Dudley Lives

Oddometer: 178
Hi again, KC

I have to tell you ... I'm stuck in a building on a rare beautiful winter day in Oregon, still 2 1/2 hours from freedom, and your video just saved me from insanity! THANK YOU for the escape! I will bookmark this for future days when I'm holed up somewhere, and my skin itches from the four walls! If you ever find yourself in Oregon, you have a place to stay

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCDakar
A little entertainment from a ride I did this summer...

My Summer Ride from KCDakar on Vimeo.

If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got.
Buzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 06:12 AM   #1733
gocatgo
Eres mucho gato

Oddometer: 167
I see I'm in good company here - Horses and bikes and hard working women just seem to go together I'm down to three horses myself (the broodmare passed away last year at age 30, RIP old girl). QH and Paints. I went to "farrier school" many years ago so i could do my own. I and the herd are older now so now they run barefoot and I just trim. That IS backbreaking work!
On the subject or riding (MC), I'm itching for a long ride. I've been thinkin' - anybody been to the Black Hills (SD) in April? I know I'll freeze my ass off probably but if it's not too bad overall I may head that direction. Or another direction..!
This would be all street riding, no DS.

Ideas?
gocatgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 06:33 AM   #1734
Roadrunner
(Negativus Supersonicus)

Oddometer: 22,950
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocatgo
I see I'm in good company here - Horses and bikes and hard working women just seem to go together I'm down to three horses myself (the broodmare passed away last year at age 30, RIP old girl). QH and Paints. I went to "farrier school" many years ago so i could do my own. I and the herd are older now so now they run barefoot and I just trim. That IS backbreaking work!
On the subject or riding (MC), I'm itching for a long ride. I've been thinkin' - anybody been to the Black Hills (SD) in April? I know I'll freeze my ass off probably but if it's not too bad overall I may head that direction. Or another direction..!
This would be all street riding, no DS.

Ideas?
I lived in the Black Hills for a year with the Forest Service, and wouldn't go there in April - even if you paid me, again! The weather is extremely unpredictable through May....but it would be a heavenly ride in the summer!

"System change is not for the conceptually or interpersonally fainthearted." - Sarason
Roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 06:45 AM   #1735
KCDakar
What are we waiting for?

Oddometer: 3,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzy
Hi again, KC

I have to tell you ... I'm stuck in a building on a rare beautiful winter day in Oregon, still 2 1/2 hours from freedom, and your video just saved me from insanity! THANK YOU for the escape! I will bookmark this for future days when I'm holed up somewhere, and my skin itches from the four walls! If you ever find yourself in Oregon, you have a place to stay
I am sorry this took so long to get back to you! I have been on a bike parts trip to Alabama and just got back. The music is Sacred Ground by Craig Chaquico. I am glad you like it. And I do find myself out that way sometimes and will look you up!

LadyDraco and others that have dial-up I am sorry you don't get to see it. I remember what that was like. I hope one day you can get to someplace that has it and get to watch it. I know you will like it.

Ride Safe....

I tell it what it wants to hear, and it does what I want it to do. I made that Motronic my bitch. Poolside

Save $5 on Smugmug by entering coupon code: GJBcMk1uLoZm6
KCDakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:25 AM   #1736
gocatgo
Eres mucho gato

Oddometer: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbriell
I lived in the Black Hills for a year with the Forest Service, and wouldn't go there in April - even if you paid me, again! The weather is extremely unpredictable through May....but it would be a heavenly ride in the summer!
Thanks! That's the kind of info I needed. OK, then, that's a summer trip, it'll be another direction for April.
gocatgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 09:26 PM   #1737
atk_nut
and atk_nut_wife

Hey gals,should I attempt a DS in may with the kids?It would be on the 1200gs,a little heavy but if I get stuck I can always ask my son for help getting the bike out.Wa da ya thank??

http://members.shaw.ca/fourup
http://vimeo.com/jollyrogerranch
Old 03-16-2009, 04:13 PM   #1738
AdventureGirl
AG

Oddometer: 98
Death Valley Dual Sport Blossem Trip

Hey Girls,

Wanted to let you know that I'm heading to the Valley of Death for my second annual Wild Flower dual sport. This time I'm heading down to the Valley from San Francisco on March 26 and returning to SF on April 5 (I'm from Seattle but have my bike staged in SF). I plan on being in the Valley from March 29 trhough April 4. I'll be riding my adventurized DRZ400 and seeking out lots of dirt and wild flowers. I'll be doing a combo of camping and motel/hotel/B&B. I've done these DV trips solo before but would not mind company if you've got the time and adventure itch! My first big desert trip of the year!

AG
AdventureGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:00 AM   #1739
flygirl
n00bius maximus

Oddometer: 519
Talking

Hi Ladies!

I wanted to share something with you all -it's not motorcycle related, but it is about women. I'm flying in an all-women's air race this summer, and raising funds for a really great organization. I hope you'll take a look (see this thread) and www.myfirstairrace.com

Hope you are all doing fabulously!
Loki - '76 7KCAB (three-wheeler of sorts)
flygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 02:53 PM   #1740
Astir
Adventuress

Oddometer: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by flygirl
Hi Ladies!

I wanted to share something with you all -it's not motorcycle related, but it is about women. I'm flying in an all-women's air race this summer, and raising funds for a really great organization. I hope you'll take a look (see this thread) and www.myfirstairrace.com

Hope you are all doing fabulously!
Way cool!
Astir is offline   Reply With Quote