Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2009, 10:27 PM   #1741
Extreme Velcro
Vegan Junk Food Addict

Oddometer: 8,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by flygirl
Hi Ladies!

I wanted to share something with you all -it's not motorcycle related, but it is about women. I'm flying in an all-women's air race this summer, and raising funds for a really great organization. I hope you'll take a look (see this thread) and www.myfirstairrace.com

Hope you are all doing fabulously!
You do it for me - it's been such a dream of mine to fly for ever - it's hugely expensive here and I am as yet not rich enough. So when you are up there in the skies, jsut remember Extreme Velcro is rooting for you all the way.

Those of you with lots of animals though; when you go away for trips, do you have baby sitters? It's so hard, unless hubby stays home and I go on my own or vice versa, we so seldom get to go away together.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:33 AM   #1742
LadyDraco
KillerSmileIHazIt !!

Oddometer: 27,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme Velcro
You do it for me - it's been such a dream of mine to fly for ever - it's hugely expensive here and I am as yet not rich enough. So when you are up there in the skies, jsut remember Extreme Velcro is rooting for you all the way.

Those of you with lots of animals though; when you go away for trips, do you have baby sitters? It's so hard, unless hubby stays home and I go on my own or vice versa, we so seldom get to go away together.
Our neighbor watches the large critters for us... But he is limited in his care.. That's why we only leave the farm in the warm weather ... Then he only needs to count heads.. And feed the stallion...

Cool FlyGirl ..... I use to love to glide... Never did the engine thing...

Check it from time to time as I'm always adding to it..
My Rides and life on the Farm
LadyDraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:38 AM   #1743
atk_nut
and atk_nut_wife

Oddometer: 595
Well...this is just way cool.All you gals seem to have very similar interests.If I had the time and money I'd probably just ride all over the place meeting all you gals.As far as animal sitting,I take care of a young ladies pony for free in exchange for house sitting when I need it.I also know most of the vets personally so I know I'm in good hands.I'm just itching to ride but it won't stop raining or snowing.The horses around here have refused to shed thier winter coats still which means it will be a little while yet before the warm weather comes.

http://members.shaw.ca/fourup
http://vimeo.com/jollyrogerranch
atk_nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 06:02 PM   #1744
flygirl
n00bius maximus

Oddometer: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astir
Way cool!
Thanks, Astir! I'm happy to have a cool thing to share, after reading so many amazing things the women here do

Quote:

Thanks EV, it was my dream forever too. Wish I could have started sooner, but working in the non-profit sector means I had to be patient. In some ways I think it's that much more special as a result.

I am blessed with a husband who helps take care of our two dogs when I travel, and with housesitters and a good kennel for when we both take a trip together. It would be simpler without pets, but I wouldn't trade 'em for anything!
Loki - '76 7KCAB (three-wheeler of sorts)
flygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:45 PM   #1745
Extreme Velcro
Vegan Junk Food Addict

Oddometer: 8,072
I'm going away for a short overnighter to the Lion Park this weekend and am working on self feeders for the cats, who have most of the back garden enclosed for them already and will make most of the house open to them. The dogs I will leave in my bedroom with the sliding doors open and the bedroom door locked - nothing really to steal and I don't know if anyone is brave enough to take on my lot anyway.

The neighbours have promised to keep an eye out so let's hope it all works and I get to enjoy my night with the lions - real Out of Africa experience. I've raised so many funds to save them, I now get to be with them (ok from inside a fence - I don't want to get THAT close) and watch their nocturnal movments - super excited!!!!!

On a sad note though - did you all see Natasha Richardson died from her skiing injuries. She always struck me as a woman with integrity. RIP sympathies to her husband, the lovely Liam Neeson.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:57 PM   #1746
Rosie!
Little MissAdventure

Oddometer: 441
Talking

Hey ladies,
Here is a link to a ride report from our recent trip to the South Island of NZ. This was a bit of a training run, for a 5 week trip to Australia, which starts tomorrow

Clint and I have both been to Australia a couple of times before, but haven't really been out of the main cities much, so this will be a big adventure
Rosie! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 04:27 PM   #1747
LadyDraco
KillerSmileIHazIt !!

Quote:
I'm going away for a short overnighter to the Lion Park this weekend and am working on self feeders for the cats, who have most of the back garden enclosed for them already and will make most of the house open to them. The dogs I will leave in my bedroom with the sliding doors open and the bedroom door locked - nothing really to steal and I don't know if anyone is brave enough to take on my lot anyway.

The neighbours have promised to keep an eye out so let's hope it all works and I get to enjoy my night with the lions - real Out of Africa experience. I've raised so many funds to save them, I now get to be with them (ok from inside a fence - I don't want to get THAT close) and watch their nocturnal movments - super excited!!!!!

On a sad note though - did you all see Natasha Richardson died from her skiing injuries. She always struck me as a woman with integrity. RIP sympathies to her husband, the lovely Liam Neeson.

You better take a bunch of pix !!! Of the handsome Lions and Lioness!!
Very cool.... In deed.....
Have Fun !!!!

And yes that poor family !!!! What they are going through !!
Oh yes maybe we should console Mr. Liam Neeson !!!

Old 03-19-2009, 05:55 PM   #1748
demenshea
1% Angel 99% Hooligan

Oddometer: 270
Laugh Demenshea aka Donna's new moto website/blog

No, I have not been abducted by aliens....

I just finished my new website, *where are those cocktail recipes* today with the help from my wonderful husband, Gary, who I owe big time!

The site can be found at demenshea.com

I decided to put all my ride reports in one place with the hopes that the site will hopefully stimulate and motivate more women to not only become riders, but to get out and do some solo riding! All of the biggest rides I have done can be found in the ride report section filed by years.

Now, the blog I will update when possible, but right now I am bursting with moto-info and thrilled and excited to have a place to post it, As many of you know, I am a relatively verbose talker, so what better way to express myself then with a place to write everyday.

I have put up three blog pages so far to include the AGV review, one on women's gear a burning question and one on David Hough's riding advice found at Soundrider a northwest motorcycle website, which can assist many a newbie query. I believe all three to contain some valuable info.

Please share this site with those that might be interested and jump in and read what you might fine entertaining or valuable and don't forget there is a comment section on each page sans the first one.

Demenshea.com now goes straight to this moto-page but there is still a link at the top going to my art site. I will be rebuilding it this year.

Thanks all...I am so excited that I couldn't wait to share! Now go and check it out!!

demenshea screwed with this post 03-19-2009 at 06:06 PM
demenshea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 07:39 AM   #1749
LadyDraco
KillerSmileIHazIt !!

Cool !!!

I will in a bit have to do another test ride....
I tore back in to my steering head bearing ..
And torqued one more time again ...
It just felt to easy ... The other day... After the 15k torquing...

Tracy

Old 03-20-2009, 03:02 PM   #1750
SheRidesABeemer
Go Big or Go Home.

Oddometer: 1,905
Nice work on the site Demenshea!
87 K75
Do what you love, and do it often.
SheRidesABeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 05:36 PM   #1751
flygirl
n00bius maximus

Nice site!

Cool, Demenshea. Very.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:26 PM   #1752
demenshea
1% Angel 99% Hooligan

Oddometer: 270
Thanks!

I thank you for visiting my blog!!! I really appreciate it and any feedback you can supply. I am still troubleshooting the site and finding a couple of quirks and I hope to find fix-it widgets!

Anyway, thanks mucho for checking it out. I hope to get it out there for those women curious of the lifestyle and not sure how. Got any suggestions??

Grazie!
d
Old 03-24-2009, 10:27 AM   #1753
flygirl
n00bius maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by demenshea
I thank you for visiting my blog!!! I really appreciate it and any feedback you can supply. I am still troubleshooting the site and finding a couple of quirks and I hope to find fix-it widgets!

Anyway, thanks mucho for checking it out. I hope to get it out there for those women curious of the lifestyle and not sure how. Got any suggestions??

Grazie!
d
Make sure you submit the site and keywords to the main search engines (google, yahoo, etc.)

flygirl screwed with this post 03-24-2009 at 10:34 AM
Old 03-24-2009, 02:22 PM   #1754
Dirtbikechick
live for adventure

Oddometer: 3
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSgal
Shhhh, Lucky Bum! Only me and the DMV need to know!

If I could ride one bike as well as half these other folks, I wouldn't need 3 in my stable.
nope... it takes at least four bikes to be well rounded. A desert dirt bike, a mountain dirt bike, a cruiser dual sport, an extreme dual sport... and personally I'd like to have a trials bike.
Dirtbikechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 05:07 PM   #1755
atk_nut
and atk_nut_wife

Oddometer: 595
Wow
That's awsome dirtbikechick,you've got me outnumbered.I only have one for the road and one for dirt.Excellent site demenshea,flygirl,way to go....gravity scares me.Extreme velcro,I'm just plain jealous,and Rosie,looked like you had an excellent ride!!!

http://members.shaw.ca/fourup
http://vimeo.com/jollyrogerranch
atk_nut is offline   Reply With Quote