Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2010, 01:47 PM   #2251
LadyDraco
KillerSmileIHazIt !!

Oddometer: 29,970
And the last part 3...
My Rides and life on the Farm
Just because the road is rocky doesn't mean your spirits should get rocky, too.{Crazy Cora}
LadyDraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 06:17 AM   #2252
LadyDraco
KillerSmileIHazIt !!

Glad you enjoyed it Astir

All 3 parts are up here's the links ..
Just in case..
Part 2

Part 3
Just because the road is rocky doesn't mean your spirits should get rocky, too.{Crazy Cora}
Old 09-20-2010, 05:16 PM   #2253
LadyDraco
KillerSmileIHazIt !!

Put up another RR ... That was for May 2010..

The Eastern RDV !!! A PartyBoss tm Event
Old 09-20-2010, 05:20 PM   #2254
Roadrunner
(Negativus Supersonicus)

Oddometer: 23,362
Welcome GeoNorskie and SakiBomb!
Old 09-20-2010, 10:38 PM   #2255
envymiyoni
n00b

Oddometer: 3
nOOb

Hey there gals, another forum (& motorcycle) nOOb reporting in. I just got my first bike (08 Yamaha TW-200) a few weeks ago and I'm pretty head over heels. A little history: I love dirt, as discovered in my early twenties as a mountain bike amateur racer, but I got out of the habit while focusing on school, "career", and other bs. Then I discovered Roller Derby and that has been my PASSION for 4 years...unfortunately I've mucked up both of my knees and have had to retire from my favorite activity ever discovered (yes, at times it was even better than :that:). I've been moping around since April without my derby fix.

Sometime last year a good friend of mine taught me to ride and I've been bugging the shit out of him to let me ride his bikes since then. So 3 weeks ago I got my T-dub...and I can't wipe the grin off my face. This :Might: just be something that makes me feel as good as RD. Especially when you add dirt to the equation! I've farked around on dirt a little bit with my bud and he's down to teach me real dirt riding (I think he was riding MC before he could walk). I'm also trying to get every chick I know who's ever thought about riding to give it a try so that I can get some girl time too - I miss that aspect of RD...there's just something about hanging out with a bunch of bad-asses that are all women. Irreplaceable.

I've already dumped the t-dub in the dirt twice and learned to pick her back up without farking my knees up, and I'm riding as ATTGATT as I can, though I don't have the armored jackets/pants yet ($$ sux). I'm riding in jeans, jacket, pole-climber boots, full face helmet, armored gloves and hi viz vest every time I ride though.

Okay so this is turning into a novel, I can be awfully wordy...I just wanted to share how excited I am about riding and to have found a women's specific thread here on ADV as well. Thanks Gals!

Oh & here's my bike:

envymiyoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:54 AM   #2256
LadyDraco
KillerSmileIHazIt !!

Congrats And welcome

My niece was in to RD 8yrs back...
Old 09-21-2010, 07:49 AM   #2257
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 11,203
Envymiyoni,
Welcome to ADV and all the fun that goes along with riding. It's too bad about your knees and I hope they don't give you too much trouble riding.

A place to check out for riding gear is: www.newenough.com They often have some good deals in their Closeout section. I've bought a few things from them and have been pleased with their service and products. I like the reviews they add, they have been spot on with the things I've bought.

Enjoy your new bike and all the new friends you will meet along the way.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:06 AM   #2258
LadyDraco
KillerSmileIHazIt !!

+1 on Newenough
Old 09-22-2010, 10:10 AM   #2259
Lobster Grrl
Ground feeder

Oddometer: 2,474
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyDraco
+1 on Newenough
+2
I like the way they photogragh their products. Usally multiple pix from all angles and they highlight the most important features.

lg
Lobster Grrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 05:46 PM   #2260
brazen13
woot.

Oddometer: 118
Hellooooo women riders! I am a newbie here and on a bike. Just got my license and took my bike out! woo woo! :)
brazen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 06:40 PM   #2261
LadyDraco
KillerSmileIHazIt !!

Welcome brazen13 !

Way to go !!!
Old 09-24-2010, 04:00 PM   #2262
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 11,203
brazen13, I'm glad you found us. You'll like it here.

Here's the thread for my latest ride report: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=622716 however not much riding was done.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 06:18 AM   #2263
LadyDraco
KillerSmileIHazIt !!

Pnce again I have added another part to my RR'S...
This is again a 2 part-er... Enjoy...
The Whiskey Run...Part 1....
Old 09-26-2010, 10:26 AM   #2264
tuffstuff
Livin' Life

Oddometer: 522
Ladies - I am thrilled to see this thread! I don't know how I missed it before. I too am new, well a new-returner, to riding with two wheels and an engine. I rode a harley as my primary form of transportation for almost 2 years not long ago, then sold it, and now a couple years later, my boyfriend helped me find an awesome little Suzuki DR200. I've only been on one off-road ride with it and I had such a blast. My boyfriend and a friend of his took me riding last weekend around Sherando (Virginia). Given my background in mountain biking, and already feeling comfortable riding a motorcycle, even when some of the bigger rocks scared me, I had more fun than I thought I would - I really didn't know what to expect before we started out. I can only get better and I wish I could ride all the time. I still don't have good pictures, but will post some as soon as I do!

I am trying to find local girls to ride with. I am fine with riding with the boys too, but I'm so excited when I find women who ride. If anyone is ever in the Charlottesville area, or close enough that I can meet you, please PM me and I'll try to find you. I have the best boyfriend in the world and he will ride next to me, but he has a KTM and a lot of experience, so I really want to find other people to slow down for me until I can speed up. Although, even with the best of talent, my little DR isn't going to keep up with his KTM at full speed.

Also, I am really trying to motivate my friends and all the women I can to get out and ride, and try new things. Two weeks ago I launched a forum called Mollys Forum (www.mollysforum.com) and it only has 49 members right now, so I need everyone I talk to to get on, join it, and post your experiences so we can all motivate women to ride, or try new things! It's purely for fun, no ads, and anyone, including men, can join.

Thanks to you all for motivating me! I am home sick today and reading through your posts and wishing I could just go outside and fire up my little DR and go for a ride right now! Instead I am reading pretty much every thread on advrider today :)
tuffstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:46 PM   #2265
Roadrunner
(Negativus Supersonicus)

Oddometer: 23,362
Wow - 3 new gals! Welcome, all.

And congratulations on the TW - I nearly bought one of those, but the hubby talked me into the XT 250, since I'm occassionally on the highway / freeway.

If you are ever New Mexico way, let us know!