Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2010, 04:24 PM   #2401
brazen13
woot.

Oddometer: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilolita
Thanks for posting up the review, Catskill! I had been following the thread in Equipment but didn't realize you had gotten them. I guess I need to wear out my T5 gloves.
great! thanks so much for the post! Probably the next thing I buy if I intend to keep riding this season. brrrr! especially in the mornings!
brazen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 06:24 AM   #2402
LadyDraco
KillerSmileIHazIt !!

Oddometer: 27,406
Hey I have put a few new rr's ....
Here's a link... If you have read my rr before start on page 1 .. If you have been keeping up.. Go to the last page..

All my RR'S And just life on the farm

Check it from time to time as I'm always adding to it..
My Rides and life on the Farm
LadyDraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:30 PM   #2403
gearchic
Trying to be an ADVRider

Oddometer: 21
Hows everyone?

Is everyone staying warm? After 7 years, I'm finally warm! On my upper half anyway. Got a warmnsafe liner and it feels Sooooo nice.
Old 12-03-2010, 05:55 AM   #2404
Catskill
tree hugger

Oddometer: 1,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearchic View Post
Is everyone staying warm? After 7 years, I'm finally warm! On my upper half anyway. Got a warmnsafe liner and it feels Sooooo nice.

Very toasty in my Gerbings jacket liner. The heated collar is the icing on the cake.

If we stuff the duck with chocolate, does that make him a fudge packer?
Catskill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 07:59 PM   #2405
Roadrunner
(Negativus Supersonicus)

Oddometer: 22,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catskill View Post
Very toasty in my Gerbings jacket liner. The heated collar is the icing on the cake.
My bike is too small to support anything more than heated gloves. I just have to tough it out - or get a bigger bike.

"System change is not for the conceptually or interpersonally fainthearted." - Sarason

Roadrunner screwed with this post 12-04-2010 at 07:41 AM
Roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:16 AM   #2406
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,605
Heated gear is the best ! ! ! I highly recommend it to any rider.

Roadrunner, I have a DR200 I run electrics with but it takes a little more than just hooking up. I started out adding a voltmeter and headlight on/off switch. I would alternate between grips, liner and headlight, if I were some where to safely ride without the headlight I would turn it off and use the heat. I still wnated more and to be able to worry less about running down my battery so I had a bit more done to it. Check out this thread: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=535533 Luke (an ADVrider with the user name of Luke) rewrapped the stator and replace the rectifier. Some bikes can have the stator rewrapped and not need to have the rectifier changed. I only learned enough to find it could be done and knowing Luke is very skilled with electrics I had an in there.

Over the years I have done different things to bikes because one thing or another wasn't exactly what I wanted. I have been told more than once something couldn't be done but I continue to ask and most times I find it can be done and it's just a matter of finding someone who could/would do it for me. An example is many, many years ago before heated grips were common on motorcyces I wanted heated grips. BMW made them but they were expesive and didn't fit every thing. I kept asking and asking until a snowmobile dealer said "Oh yeah, I can put heated grips on your bike". That was 25 years ago and I have had warm hands ever since.

The point is if there is something you want on your bike or you want your bike to do keep asking, reading, researching and sooner or later you just might get what you want. I'm only 5'0" so my selection of bikes and what I can get on them has been very limited and I have learned to compromise but yet keep trying. The worst part of being short is I have never had a desire to own and ride a cruiser which would work better for me. I have always liked sport-touring bikes, dual sport bikes and dirt bikes. Yep, all the tallest bikes they make.

Hope all is going well for all of you.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 07:17 PM   #2407
Roadrunner
(Negativus Supersonicus)

Oddometer: 22,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048 View Post

Roadrunner, I have a DR200 I run electrics with but it takes a little more than just hooking up. I started out adding a voltmeter and headlight on/off switch. I would alternate between grips, liner and headlight, if I were some where to safely ride without the headlight I would turn it off and use the heat. I still wnated more and to be able to worry less about running down my battery so I had a bit more done to it. Check out this thread: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=535533 Luke (an ADVrider with the user name of Luke) rewrapped the stator and replace the rectifier. Some bikes can have the stator rewrapped and not need to have the rectifier changed. I only learned enough to find it could be done and knowing Luke is very skilled with electrics I had an in there.

Over the years I have done different things to bikes because one thing or another wasn't exactly what I wanted. I have been told more than once something couldn't be done but I continue to ask and most times I find it can be done and it's just a matter of finding someone who could/would do it for me. An example is many, many years ago before heated grips were common on motorcyces I wanted heated grips. BMW made them but they were expesive and didn't fit every thing. I kept asking and asking until a snowmobile dealer said "Oh yeah, I can put heated grips on your bike". That was 25 years ago and I have had warm hands ever since.

The point is if there is something you want on your bike or you want your bike to do keep asking, reading, researching and sooner or later you just might get what you want. I'm only 5'0" so my selection of bikes and what I can get on them has been very limited and I have learned to compromise but yet keep trying. The worst part of being short is I have never had a desire to own and ride a cruiser which would work better for me. I have always liked sport-touring bikes, dual sport bikes and dirt bikes. Yep, all the tallest bikes they make.

Hope all is going well for all of you.
Thank you for the encouragment.

"System change is not for the conceptually or interpersonally fainthearted." - Sarason
Roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:18 AM   #2408
outlier8
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
Welcome outlier!
My husband and I have XT250's. There is an XT225 thread in here somewhere. Have you found it? In case you haven't - here it is; http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178968
I don't post there much, but it is a great resource!

Roadrunner- thanks for the welcome! The xt225 thread is full of good information that I am still digesting. I also want heated liner and gloves on a small bike.. I will let you know when I get it done...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048 View Post

Roadrunner, I have a DR200 I run electrics with but it takes a little more than just hooking up...

Over the years I have done different things to bikes because one thing or another wasn't exactly what I wanted. I have been told more than once something couldn't be done but I continue to ask and most times I find it can be done and it's just a matter of finding someone who could/would do it for me...

Ladybug-

+1 on the encouragement for electrics on a small bike!
outlier8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:01 AM   #2409
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,605
I like my itty bitty bike it makes me giggle. I have a blast with it and even though I have a bigger bike my DR200 is my favorite, it's just way too much fun.

When using electrics on the smaller bikes be sure to have a voltmeter installed so you can keep an eye on how much power is being pulled from your battery. When it starts going down, turn off your electrics for a bit so the battery can get charged back up. When riding in towns where brake lights and turn signals are being used, turn off the electrics. I also turn off my electrics a few miles before I come into a town or before I'm going to be stopping so the battery can charge back up. Using electrics can be done but you do need to take care to pay extra special attention. For me it's been worth it.

Welcome to all the new lady riders I love seeing more and more women enjoying motorcycling and those getting into dual sporting/adventure riding is even better. There are so many wonderful things to experience out there on a motorcycle.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:02 AM   #2410
MeanMoe
one really mean cat

Oddometer: 2,821

MeanMoe screwed with this post 05-15-2011 at 04:40 PM
MeanMoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:04 AM   #2411
ListMakerLisa
2UP4ADV

Oddometer: 36
Thanksgiving Ride

I'm not on here that often, mainly because I'm a teacher at a couple of community colleges. I'm a freeway flyer.

Hubby, Sandiegoland, and I went on a short trip over the Thanksgiving holiday. We saw some really amazing things, but I'm sworn to secrecy because they are going to be featured in his rally, the LowCal250. I'm just busting to tell all, but .... sigh.

I'll post our adventure in April after the rally. The photos. This is just making me nuts. I'm even going to make a field trip for my students out of this when I get the all clear. sigh.

We rode to Yuma and back to San Diego. Now, I just want back on the bike.

Speaking of heated grips, hubby wants those. I like to put those little warmers in my gloves to get warm.

I just can't help myself - it's going to be in the 70s today, and the high 80s by this weekend. Riding weather in December? YES!

One of my favorite rides

ListMakerLisa screwed with this post 12-08-2010 at 09:11 AM
ListMakerLisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:38 AM   #2412
Queen
Escapee

Oddometer: 24,157
Hey Shogs, your thread on Pashnit got bumped up, someone asking for an update.
Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:39 AM   #2413
brazen13
woot.

Oddometer: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoganai View Post
OMG!

What a GREAT site!!

http://www.unstoppablebmw.com/

Watch the scrolling video
was SO awesome! thanks for sharing!
brazen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:03 AM   #2414
MeanMoe
one really mean cat

Oddometer: 2,821

MeanMoe screwed with this post 05-15-2011 at 04:40 PM
MeanMoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 05:51 PM   #2415
paxpuella
n00b

Oddometer: 8
What kind of riding boots do you have? For Christmas, my husband bought some gear for us, the pants, jacket and such but I still need some boots. I don't want the frumpy ugly things you see the guys wearing, but something a bit more feminine that won't fall apart and aren't ugly as sin. That's not asking too much is it?

I'm sure this has probably been asked before, but when I did a search, nothing pulled up easily that I could see. Thanks :)
paxpuella is offline   Reply With Quote