Old 05-02-2011, 07:12 AM   #2461
tuffstuff
Livin' Life

Oddometer: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyDraco View Post
There sure isn't many of us in VA TS...

Hi TuffStuff
We sure do need to get more gals over to Molly's !!!
Come on over ladies ... We have a good time helping each other on life and the greatness and power of being a woman!!! that will get the guys in an uproar
You make me laugh! Nice to see you here LadyDraco!!!

I found a thread for Charlottesville riders so I'll be riding with the guys until I can find some girls here :) It's a good thing they don't mind a newbie girl tagging along with them. When I had my harley I didn't mind riding alone so much, but I don't like hitting dirt trails alone wondering when the next passerby might come along ... and I so love riding in the dirt. The DR200 is so much fun.
tuffstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:23 AM   #2462
LooksGoodInRed
aka TrilobiteMX

Oddometer: 131
Desperately looking for Honda CRF230L

Hello Ladies,

I'm desperately looking for a Honda CRF230L. I don't have a a big budget . Please ladies if you can help, if you have heard of anybody selling this bike for a decent price, PLEASE PLEASE let me know .
I live in Long Island, NY but can travel (in reasonable distance).
Thanks a lot for you help and let's be in contact!

"The most effective way to do it, is to do it" - Amelia Earhart
LooksGoodInRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 04:04 PM   #2463
soph9
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 2,275
Anyone who rides should be on this forum...great place for tons of info.....we love it here!
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:15 PM   #2464
Ramseybella
Adventurer

Oddometer: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriKTM View Post
I missed this thread. How did I miss this thread??!!

Ah. Anyway. Ahem... name is Lori. Been riding dirt bikes for many years, and just recently got a KLR650 to explore all the fun forest roads here in NM. So, I'm a noob to ADV, but not a noob to riding. Good to see so many women out there! I sure don't see many on the roads here.
What part of New Mexico?

Have you been up into the Pecos Davis Willow Forest road?
Ramseybella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 12:25 PM   #2465
nancym712
n00b

Oddometer: 5
New to the Forum

I'm looking to buy a BMW F650GS so I joined up. I've been riding for 30 years and want to add the GS to the garage. I have an SVS Suzuki and a ZX6 Kawasaki,
Nancy
nancym712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 12:36 PM   #2466
soph9
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 2,275
the 650 would be a nice addition!
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 06:42 PM   #2467
silverwasp
Silverwasp

Oddometer: 19
Thumb north vancouver bc

Hi I am looking for adventurous women in the vancouver area who would like a reliable riding partner. Pushing a Dr350 looking at a 650. right now doing forest service roads in Squamish area but I am ready to travel farther. Please drop me a note I am flexible in time so dont just wait for a weekend.
silverwasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 07:02 PM   #2468
tuffstuff
Livin' Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwasp View Post
Hi I am looking for adventurous women in the vancouver area who would like a reliable riding partner. Pushing a Dr350 looking at a 650. right now doing forest service roads in Squamish area but I am ready to travel farther. Please drop me a note I am flexible in time so dont just wait for a weekend.

I wish I could!! I love the Squamish area!!!! I live in Virginia right now but if I ever find myself back in that area I will contact you for sure. Just had to respond to tell you how much I love Squamish. :)
Old 06-08-2011, 07:51 PM   #2469
LoriKTM
Wrecking Ball

Oddometer: 1,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramseybella View Post
Have you been up into the Pecos Davis Willow Forest road?
Doesn't sound familiar, but then we mostly go by the forest road numbers on the map. Been through a bunch of stuff in the Jemez mountains and Carson forest.
LoriKTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:08 AM   #2470
ms.matteeanne
cant find neutral

Oddometer: 46
New Rider

Hi Ladies,

I am new to advrider and new to riding. My bf "matteeanne" is teaching me how to ride. I am currently learning on a ktm duke. All I can say is "LOVE IT!!!". The bike is a bit fast for me but I haven't dropped it yet and I am definitely enjoying the dirt more than the pavement! What's a good must read around here? I live in Washington State.
Just thought I would say HI!(ADVRider Salute I am told!)

ms.matteeanne screwed with this post 06-14-2011 at 12:01 PM
ms.matteeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:29 AM   #2471
tuffstuff
Livin' Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.matteeanne View Post
Hi Ladies,

I am new to advrider and new to riding. My bf "matteeanne" is teaching me how to ride. I am currently learning on a ktm duke. All I can say is "LOVE IT!!!". The bike is a bit fast for me but I haven't dropped it yet and I am definitely enjoying the dirt more than the pavement! What's a good must read around here? I live in Washington State.
welcome Ms. Matteeanne! You are starting out on a pretty awesome bike! I'm learning to ride in the dirt on a little DR200 and have dropped it a few times already :) Enjoy the KTM! Too bad all of us girls seem to live all over the country and can't meet for girls rides!!
Old 06-16-2011, 09:42 AM   #2472
brazen13
woot.

Oddometer: 110
Talking hi!

Quote:
Hi Ladies,

wow - i've been riding for just a few months and i have dropped my bike quite a number of times so that is awesome sauce that you haven't dropped yours!!

welcome!
brazen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:05 AM   #2473
ms.matteeanne
cant find neutral

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by brazen13 View Post
wow - i've been riding for just a few months and i have dropped my bike quite a number of times so that is awesome sauce that you haven't dropped yours!!

welcome!
I love the ktm duke. I am 5'9" and my feet hit flat on the ground. That definitely helps! It is a fast bike though and very hard to find the gears going down. And I miss neutral 9 times out of 10. My max speed so far is 50. I have an awesome teacher though. There is a local class that I am considering taking that is 16 hours and you can get your license once you pass the class without the dol test. Much better way to go I think?
Old 06-16-2011, 10:11 AM   #2474
brazen13
woot.

Oddometer: 110
Quote:
I love the ktm duke. I am 5'9" and my feet hit flat on the ground. That definitely helps! It is a fast bike though and very hard to find the gears going down. And I miss neutral 9 times out of 10. My max speed so far is 50. I have an awesome teacher though. There is a local class that I am considering taking that is 16 hours and you can get your license once you pass the class without the dol test. Much better way to go I think?
That is one of the things that bothers me about my bike - I ride a BMW 650GS and at 5'6" i'm on my toes when I stop which is why stopping is usually when I've fallen *sheepish grin*

Neutral gives me issues too. I can always find it while moving it seems and shifting up and then vrrrrrooooooom in place but when I want it, I got jiggle around for it.

I took a class and definitely a good way to go and you're with other learners too, so you can all chuckle together at your goofs.
brazen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:18 AM   #2475
ms.matteeanne
cant find neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffstuff View Post
welcome Ms. Matteeanne! You are starting out on a pretty awesome bike! I'm learning to ride in the dirt on a little DR200 and have dropped it a few times already :) Enjoy the KTM! Too bad all of us girls seem to live all over the country and can't meet for girls rides!!
So far it seems that we are all over. There is a local get together in Oregon next weekend and my boyfriend and I are considering going. There are two girls registered I think. Not sure how many other's in the northwest.