ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-31-2011, 11:00 AM   #2506
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister
 
Ladybug0048's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
Oddometer: 10,808
Yep, that's the one. Those are fun trails and will work your skills. Congratulations. Any pictures?
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 11:05 AM   #2507
ms.matteeanne
cant find neutral
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: waterworld
Oddometer: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048 View Post
Yep, that's the one. Those are fun trails and will work your skills. Congratulations. Any pictures?
Yes I will see if I can add them.. stay tuned!
ms.matteeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 11:48 AM   #2508
ms.matteeanne
cant find neutral
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: waterworld
Oddometer: 46
[IMG][/IMG]

Here are a couple of us riding. if you go to matteeanne.smugmug.com under Glacier 2011. these are photos from our trip. We went to Usk, Canada and Glacier.
ms.matteeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 04:31 PM   #2509
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister
 
Ladybug0048's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
Oddometer: 10,808
Nice!
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 06:19 PM   #2510
LadyDraco
KillerSmileIHazIt !!
 
LadyDraco's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Some of the best roads in the east..
Oddometer: 28,205
I'm so sorry it didn't work out for ya ..
But cool on the team
__________________
TISE
Life is what you make of it~
If it don't fit make alterations

Check it from time to time as I'm always adding to it..
My Rides and life on the Farm
LadyDraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:16 PM   #2511
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister
 
Ladybug0048's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
Oddometer: 10,808
Thanks LadyDraco. I started a thread with the rides I did in July. It's here is you want to check it out: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=711781
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:50 AM   #2512
Geneva
Adventurer
 
Geneva's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Oddometer: 67
I ride around locally. NM. The RMAR event in Colorado happens this weekend. I'll be there.
Attached Images
 
__________________
-Geneva
tt r230
Geneva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:01 PM   #2513
opaque_machete
girls wanna have fun
 
opaque_machete's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Far East, TN
Oddometer: 630
Laugh Hi gals!

I just started riding. (Barely over 100 miles in the saddle, so I'm a serious n00B.) I just wanted to pop in and say hi to everyone. The reason I began to ride at the age of 44 was twofold. I was terrified of motorcycles since I was rather young when I had a small 'crash' on a little 70 that didn't hurt me much, but it terrified me out of ever climbing on a bike again. Then, I recently lost both of my parents at the young age of 67 to cancer. I realized that I didn't want to go out of this world with such a fear hanging over my head. The inmates here helped me to decide to at least try to conquer this fear, so I took the MSF course, bought a little Ninjette, and viola, I'm actually riding...and having an absolute blast doing it. I didn't realize it would be this much fun. I was actually only going to conquer my fears then ride for cheap gas bills, but I'm having too much fun to even drive the car again. If anyone lives in the NE TN and wants to ride, pm me. We'll get together if you don't mind riding with a complete noob.

Nice to meet you all!
__________________
Marjorie
'93 XT225
'05 Ninjette
May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house. -George Carlin
Two Wheel Females.com
opaque_machete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:10 PM   #2514
tuffstuff
Livin' Life
 
tuffstuff's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Earlysville, Virginia
Oddometer: 514
Quote:
Originally Posted by opaque_machete View Post
I just started riding. (Barely over 100 miles in the saddle, so I'm a serious n00B.) I just wanted to pop in and say hi to everyone. The reason I began to ride at the age of 44 was twofold. I was terrified of motorcycles since I was rather young when I had a small 'crash' on a little 70 that didn't hurt me much, but it terrified me out of ever climbing on a bike again. Then, I recently lost both of my parents at the young age of 67 to cancer. I realized that I didn't want to go out of this world with such a fear hanging over my head. The inmates here helped me to decide to at least try to conquer this fear, so I took the MSF course, bought a little Ninjette, and viola, I'm actually riding...and having an absolute blast doing it. I didn't realize it would be this much fun. I was actually only going to conquer my fears then ride for cheap gas bills, but I'm having too much fun to even drive the car again. If anyone lives in the NE TN and wants to ride, pm me. We'll get together if you don't mind riding with a complete noob.

Nice to meet you all!
AWESOME!!!!!! Wish I lived just a little closer and I'd ride with you for sure! If you ever head up to Virginia let me know!!
__________________
2014 Colorado Ride Report
tuffstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:17 PM   #2515
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister
 
Ladybug0048's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
Oddometer: 10,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by opaque_machete View Post
I just started riding. (Barely over 100 miles in the saddle, so I'm a serious n00B.) I just wanted to pop in and say hi to everyone. The reason I began to ride at the age of 44 was twofold. I was terrified of motorcycles since I was rather young when I had a small 'crash' on a little 70 that didn't hurt me much, but it terrified me out of ever climbing on a bike again. Then, I recently lost both of my parents at the young age of 67 to cancer. I realized that I didn't want to go out of this world with such a fear hanging over my head. The inmates here helped me to decide to at least try to conquer this fear, so I took the MSF course, bought a little Ninjette, and viola, I'm actually riding...and having an absolute blast doing it. I didn't realize it would be this much fun. I was actually only going to conquer my fears then ride for cheap gas bills, but I'm having too much fun to even drive the car again. If anyone lives in the NE TN and wants to ride, pm me. We'll get together if you don't mind riding with a complete noob.

Nice to meet you all!
Welcome to the fun.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:29 PM   #2516
opaque_machete
girls wanna have fun
 
opaque_machete's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Far East, TN
Oddometer: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffstuff View Post
AWESOME!!!!!! Wish I lived just a little closer and I'd ride with you for sure! If you ever head up to Virginia let me know!!

If I head that way, I'll definitely keep you posted. Thanks!


@LadyBug...Thanks!
__________________
Marjorie
'93 XT225
'05 Ninjette
May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house. -George Carlin
Two Wheel Females.com
opaque_machete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 03:45 AM   #2517
LadyDraco
KillerSmileIHazIt !!
 
LadyDraco's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Some of the best roads in the east..
Oddometer: 28,205
opaque_machete~~~ Welcome to the asylum

So where in TN do ya live?? As you can see I'm NOT far from TN...
__________________
TISE
Life is what you make of it~
If it don't fit make alterations

Check it from time to time as I'm always adding to it..
My Rides and life on the Farm
LadyDraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:04 AM   #2518
opaque_machete
girls wanna have fun
 
opaque_machete's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Far East, TN
Oddometer: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyDraco View Post
opaque_machete~~~ Welcome to the asylum

So where in TN do ya live?? As you can see I'm NOT far from TN...
I'm in Jonesborough, on the NC/TN line. Looks like you're around 125 miles away from me.
__________________
Marjorie
'93 XT225
'05 Ninjette
May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house. -George Carlin
Two Wheel Females.com
opaque_machete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:52 PM   #2519
soph9
Bike Addict
 
soph9's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Maple Ridge, BC Canada
Oddometer: 2,303
We are up to 12300 km on this trip and only about 10 days left until we return home. Very sad that our Alaskan adv has come to an end.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=696871

Been a real learning curve and fantastic trip. Hope same of you can check out our live RR which has been going on since June.


---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 12:15 AM   #2520
opaque_machete
girls wanna have fun
 
opaque_machete's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Far East, TN
Oddometer: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by soph9 View Post
We are up to 12300 km on this trip and only about 10 days left until we return home. Very sad that our Alaskan adv has come to an end.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=696871

Been a real learning curve and fantastic trip. Hope same of you can check out our live RR which has been going on since June.


---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, Leslie! Are they gonna be able to get your chains to you tomorrow, or do you know yet? I hate to see our ( I mean your) ride come to a stopping point in 10 days too. But, on the bright side, there will be many more after this we hope. Tell Triumph I said to let you have the bikes. They'll listen to me.

Btw, have any idea of how much your trip has raised for ACT? I'd be curious.
__________________
Marjorie
'93 XT225
'05 Ninjette
May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house. -George Carlin
Two Wheel Females.com
opaque_machete is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014