User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2012, 12:11 PM   #2596
GailCallsMeKarl
Squirrel w/ no nuts

Oddometer: 821
Holiday fun

I went on my first trail ride on Dec 30.
I've always had a fascination with mud and now I have a reason to openly talk about loving mud and people not think I'm weird.
It's my new favorite thing.
I was lucky enough to meet a fellow on ADV who met me up on the trail and proceeded to teach me the in's and out's of trail riding. Just an amazing day. Here's the TTR post ride....
Attached Images

Shortypants Bike: CRF150X
GailCallsMeKarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 04:53 PM   #2597
LadyBIRD
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
New here

Hi everyone!
Glad this thread is here. I started riding in high school on a 550 Shadow. Didn't ride for 15 years and started up again this spring. My husband suprised me with a bike of my own and we are going to ride through Baja in February! I am really excited!!
It doesn't look like any of you are from my neck of the woods...northern Minnesota. Atleast we have the internet
LadyBIRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:05 PM   #2598
Cuttle
me? what?

Oddometer: 9,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by opaque_machete View Post
Agreed. I've never 'heard' such a large group of women be so quiet. :)

So...did everyone have a good holiday season? Inevitably, something always goes wrong. This year, I was stuck at my MIL alone...hubby had to work. I felt like a sideshow. (They don't like me even after 26 years!) And the feeling is mutual, I must say. Anyone else have a roaring good time?
My break was very relaxing: we don't celebrate the holidays and we both don't have any family here, so no awkward family gathering like yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailCallsMeKarl View Post
I went on my first trail ride on Dec 30.
I've always had a fascination with mud and now I have a reason to openly talk about loving mud and people not think I'm weird.
It's my new favorite thing.
it's addicting, isn't it? you are doomed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBIRD View Post
Hi everyone!
Glad this thread is here. I started riding in high school on a 550 Shadow. Didn't ride for 15 years and started up again this spring. My husband suprised me with a bike of my own and we are going to ride through Baja in February! I am really excited!!
It doesn't look like any of you are from my neck of the woods...northern Minnesota. Atleast we have the internet
Welcome!
riding Baja is quiet a trip for a "new again" rider. Take it easy!
Old 01-09-2012, 08:11 PM   #2599
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,281
Holiday: I try to ignore them.

Mud: Oh yeah, how much fun is that.

Baja: Love it when I rode down there in '08.

Nice to see people posting. keep it up, post pictures of your bikes, tell us about where you enjoy riding.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:16 PM   #2600
Cuttle
me? what?

Oddometer: 9,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048 View Post

Nice to see people posting. keep it up, post pictures of your bikes, tell us about where you enjoy riding.

be careful what you ask for...there are way to many pics of my riding and bike already (link to the thread is in my signature)
Old 01-11-2012, 05:31 PM   #2601
LadyDraco
KillerSmileIHazIt !!

Oddometer: 26,300
Some of us/ME are in many other BBS....
That we/I don't get time to type in this thread

But I do stop in from time to time

Check it from time to time as I'm always adding to it..
My Rides and life on the Farm
LadyDraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:25 PM   #2602
tuffstuff
Livin' Life

Oddometer: 478
It is good to see this thread with more women!!
tuffstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:39 PM   #2603
jguerin77
I ride my own

Oddometer: 408
A shout out from Texas!

Hello to all of you! I am in Central Texas and am the proud owner of a 2011 Triumph America. I have hooked up with a great group of people here with whom I ride. I am working on a Texas A-Z patch (visiting cities in Texas which begin with all of the letters of the alphabet and then taking a picture of my bike by the city sign), and I also love to visit murals and take pics of my bike beside them as well.

Would love to meet up with more women in my area to do some rides. Lots of very cool places to ride to here.

Nice meeting all of you!

J.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1023102...-0iomxipmW8QE##

Member of Southern Cruisers Riding Club and Chrome Divas

jguerin77 screwed with this post 01-11-2012 at 06:51 PM
jguerin77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 04:14 PM   #2604
bikergirl4ever
girlie girl

Oddometer: 171
Quote:
Hi everyone!

Hi Ladybird
Have fun in Baja. We also live in Minnesota. We are a few miles away from all the trails in the Paul Bunyan State Forest. We are also not to far from Spider Lake and Huntersville. If you are ever in our area let me know and we can go riding. You definately have a place to stay if you would like.
bikergirl4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 04:54 PM   #2605
LadyBIRD
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikergirl4ever View Post
Hi Ladybird
Have fun in Baja. We also live in Minnesota. We are a few miles away from all the trails in the Paul Bunyan State Forest. We are also not to far from Spider Lake and Huntersville. If you are ever in our area let me know and we can go riding. You definately have a place to stay if you would like.
Thanks bikergirl4ever! The hospitality is much apprecieated and goes both ways!
Baja is coming up quick and I am SUPER excited!!
I'll let everyone know how it goes when I get back.

I have been tempted to take the bike out recently. We have no snow and it was 48 degrees last week! Crazy weather! Sadly my bike was in many pieces so my husband could add farkle. Soon though
LadyBIRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 03:00 PM   #2606
adventure girl
Donde esta la playa?!?

Oddometer: 1,321
Quote:
Hi everyone!
Hi everyone! Hey if you need any help in Baja, or just want to meet some ADV riders that are down there, try pm'ing HIgh Water. He is holding down the fort in Los Barrilles, about an hour north of Cabo on the Cortez side. He has found tons of places to ride, and would love to show you around! I bet you cound talk him into taking you snorkeling and sea kyacking as well. I LOVE Baja, I am jelous!

'05.5 KTM 950 ADV (Orange is faster)
'04 KTM 525

adventure girl screwed with this post 01-22-2012 at 03:53 PM
adventure girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:51 PM   #2607
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,281
I'm headed to Baja the end of April but I will be following the Mexican 1000 and probably won't have time for anything else. I won't even have a bike with me but I might just PM High Water and let him know our group of ADVers will be there. Outta Sight Racing is made up of all ADV members and won their class last year and plan to do the same this year. I'll be in one of the chase trucks and it should be a lot of fun. I can't wait to see that '92 Honda SL350 cross the finish line.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:57 AM   #2608
WitchdoctorA
Gnawing on bones

Hi Gals,

I was wondering if you all can help me with something...

I am in the infancy stage of planning my very first solo trip (Woo-hoo!)this summer and I would really appreciate your thoughts on where to go and some nice places/roads to ride.

I've been rolling it around in my head for a couple of months, but this is my first action step in getting this whole thing in gear and making it happen. Remember, I'm the noob from a couple pages back? Well I had one reply about ladies in my area and hope to be meeting up for my first ride-out soon. I am thinking I will get some good experience riding with my friend over the next few months and really start to get comfortable on two wheels, but here is my real problem:

I need a bike!

I can't ship my Pegaso over to the states because 1) It isn't worth that much, and 2) It would probably fall apart in transit

And buying an ADV worthy bike (WR 250 R .. tasty!) there sounds great, except I would have to wait around for it to sell before I left again for home. Not gonna work as I only have so much time to do this thing.

The trip in my head starts out in Dallas, Texas and ends in Seattle - covering AZ, NM, CA, and OR in between. This trip is a kind of cap on the end of a hard era for me. My dad died last year and I will be memorializing him by carrying his ashes and placing them at his childhood home in Alamagordo, NM (amongst other places). I will also be going to a family reunion and my 20 year highschool reunion, and hopefully reconnecting with lots of people in between. It is also a dream of mine to sleep out, alone, under the desert stars. After my dad died, disappointed and filled with regret, I promised myself I would start living my dreams.

So. Does anyone in the TX area have an unused bike sitting in the garage that I can borrow? I was thinking I could fly in and pick it up at it's home (at your place *Hi!* ) and then ride it to the family reunion in Dallas (July 13th), ultimately shipping it back to you from Seattle (Aug 27th or so). Of course all cost of maintenance and shipping covered by me

I don't know, this all sounds good in my head... Any thoughts?
WitchdoctorA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:05 PM   #2609
LooksGoodInRed
aka TrilobiteMX

Oddometer: 131
Laugh Let me re-introduce myself :)

Hi ladies!

Let me re-introduce myself . My name is Edyta and I'm a n00b from Long Island, NY. I was "out of comission" for a while as far as riding is concern because I was carrying and then delivering my precious son . Now I want to get back in the saddle and start riding again.

Little about me: I ride mainly dirt since I pretty much own Honda CRF230L only, except for my little Suzuki GZ250 but it is in parts right now . I can take my little Honda on the road but that's not the best road bike although she's like a dream on dirt . I've got my DL in May 2010 and haven't rode much so I'm a TOTAL n00b, you know- the typical one - with all the beginner's fears etc.

I would like to meet with you all here and chat, get some tips and advices and all of that I think this is very great place to be and meet fellow girls-riders!

So HELLO EVERYONE!

"The most effective way to do it, is to do it" - Amelia Earhart
LooksGoodInRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:42 PM   #2610
tuffstuff
Livin' Life

Oddometer: 478
hello to you!!!!
tuffstuff is offline   Reply With Quote