Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2007, 12:45 AM   #676
muddygsa
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
Thumb

Hello there,

I am Sylvia, from the Netherlands. I check the ride reports here often, and post something now and then.
I ride about 10 years, most of the time on a R1100GS.
A couple of months after I bought a 1200GS:

a car hit me, and I broke about all my bones.
I am starting to get my life back now, and bought a Yamaha Tricker to get used to the traffic again (and be able to come to a standstill without falling, with my now very weak legs):

Thumbs up Sylvia

I know this is years late from your post and I'm just stopping by to say keep thumbs up.

I broke my spine, both legs and right elbow... Had my season "bed only, no sitting", then allowed to use wheel chair and finally got permission to learn to walk again.

Shit happens but I'm just happy I'm alive and walk with my own feets.

Thumbs up and keep riding.

Greetings,
Miika

muddygsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 12:53 PM   #677
pjmF650
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie Abbzug
Hiya Pat!

Welcome aboard! This is a fantastic place and I'm glad ya found it!

It's been kind of quiet in here lately, but I'm thinking everyone is just too busy riding to post!

Again, welcome and please feel free to share any of your adventures with us!
Thanks! So far, I've pretty much just been riding back and forth to work...not very exciting. But it's a start that I hope to build on and I'm looking to you gals for inspiration and encouragement.

Old 06-30-2007, 06:23 PM   #678
Bonnie Abbzug
Property of Hayduke

Oddometer: 10,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjmF650
Thanks! So far, I've pretty much just been riding back and forth to work...not very exciting. But it's a start that I hope to build on and I'm looking to you gals for inspiration and encouragement.

Bonnie Abbzug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 01:13 AM   #679
hippopo
hermit

Oddometer: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie Abbzug
...Have ya checked out Shoganai's Ride to work with Shoganai
This is a great way to think about your ride to work, sometimes I think we become immune to the beauty that is right in front of our eye's everyday! ...
+1
Old 07-04-2007, 03:30 PM   #680
lionessa
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Introduction

Hi, I'm from the Los Angeles area. I've been riding only about a year, mostly desert, on a yamaha ttr125. Something I always wanted to do. I'm moving up to San Francisco Bay area in August and hopefully will get a new bike that is plated. (Thinking about getting the Serow. What are your opinions on that...) I'm green but I'm enthusiastic. I like getting dirty. I like pushing myself. It would be really nice to meet some people (aka other females). Any suggestions on where to start for bike and people resources in the Peninsula area would be great.
Have a happy fourth everyone!
lionessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:19 PM   #681
Eastbay Dirtbag
singletrack seeker

Oddometer: 250
Welcome to the Land of Fruits and Nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionessa
Any suggestions on where to start for bike and people resources in the Peninsula area would be great.
Hi Lionessa,
I don't know the Peninsula area but there are lots of riding clubs in the Bay Area. You probably won't have too much trouble meeting people and getting the info you need if you visit the bikes shops, do some web surfing and hook up with a group.

I can tell you all about the dirt riding. There are a few places nearby but the best riding is ~3 hrs from here in the mountains.
EBDB
Old 07-05-2007, 10:41 PM   #682
lionessa
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastbay Dirtbag
Hi Lionessa,
I don't know the Peninsula area but there are lots of riding clubs in the Bay Area. You probably won't have too much trouble meeting people and getting the info you need if you visit the bikes shops, do some web surfing and hook up with a group.

I can tell you all about the dirt riding. There are a few places nearby but the best riding is ~3 hrs from here in the mountains.
EBDB
I've been mostly desert riding (lots of rocks and washes). Not as familiar with singletrack. Went up to the Piutes recently and started having fun on all the trails there (tighter then I'm used to) but we had to turn back before I had the opportunity to get myself really stuck! Too bad. I'm hoping to get more of the same. Is there a Chapparal equivalent up North? Bring on the info please! (BTW. Am I supposed to post this somewhere else?)
lionessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:57 PM   #683
bluepoof
insert pithy saying here

Oddometer: 437
Hi Lionessa! I'm also an XT rider in the SF peninsula (I live in Cupertino and work in Palo Alto). I'd love to go riding with you anytime! Post something in the "West" forum or send a PM when you move up here.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:02 PM   #684
kluts
The Lost Tourguide

Oddometer: 592
Lionessa, Bluepoof rides everywhere.
Connect with her, she'll hep you out. Enjoy.
kluts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 05:54 PM   #685
trailin74
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
Glad to have stumbled across this thread. Female here. Somewhat new to riding--lovin my wee strom so far!
trailin74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 08:21 PM   #686
Bonnie Abbzug
Property of Hayduke

Oddometer: 10,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailin74
Glad to have stumbled across this thread. Female here. Somewhat new to riding--lovin my wee strom so far!
Hi trailin74!! Welcome aboard!
Bonnie Abbzug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 06:18 AM   #687
SugarDust
Kulia i ka nu'u

Oddometer: 831
Hello -- My name is Dana and I am new to this forum as well. I mainly ride off road right now on my DRZ400, but I have had a Pegaso 650 (kinda like a f650) that I sold recently (contemplating getting a wee strom). I am looking for other women in colorado to go trail riding riding with. Thanks!

Dana

In Loving Memory of Cruzin2B 1953 - 2014

SugarDust screwed with this post 07-22-2007 at 06:28 AM
SugarDust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 09:08 AM   #688
TxGypsy
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Hi, I'm new to riding but I can definately see a long future ahead of me! I'm heading into town(closest one is 300 miles) to buy a motorcycle today Add me to the female list.
TxGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 08:26 AM   #689
KayLR
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxGypsy
Hi, I'm new to riding but I can definately see a long future ahead of me! I'm heading into town(closest one is 300 miles) to buy a motorcycle today Add me to the female list.

Welcome, since you are a new rider you probably won't be riding it home...but the first maintenance trip should be fun!!!! I have been lucky enough to be able to ride both my bikes home from the shop--the last time my husband left me at the shop with my new strom he said "I don't expect to see you till dark" my response "not a problem!!!" so I took the Loooooong way home again ,welcome to the forum and most importantly -welcome to the world of riding,adventures and fun.......Kay
07 silver wee-strom----sold
I was dual before it was cool!!!
KayLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 03:37 PM   #690
grae313
Idiosyncratic Misanthrope

Oddometer: 990
One more checking in...

Finally got my first motorcycle (Kawasaki EX250), been commuting with it for about a week now and loving every second of it. I plan to take it to school/work every day, rain or shine, have some fun on the weekends, and maybe even do a little adventure touring up to BC or down to S. America next summer.

Barely used bike + great gear = best $3500 I ever spent!

-Jessie
grae313 is offline   Reply With Quote