Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2007, 04:04 AM   #826
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpuppie
*Raises hand* Woman rider here as well! Nice to see so many ladies around here. Chicks really do rule. :)
Hi, glad you joined us, come on in and tell us about yourself. We like to see pictures too.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 04:06 AM   #827
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by slederchic
Lady bug, I have an 05 Xt 225 for sale. It has about 1285 miles on it. I am the second owner, I bought the bike with 385 miles. I took the stock tires off and replaced with a DOT approved knobby tire as I rode mostly on gravel roads. ( I wanted the tires to stick in the corners) The reason I'm selling is this bike makes my 4th bike..........I have to get rid of at least one. Calll me at 509-429-8669. I'm in Okanogan, just happen to be coming to spokane this wknd 11/10/07
Nice looking bike. I sent you a PM. 4 bikes? That's just getting started
Old 11-09-2007, 06:16 AM   #828
Kristen
Adventurer

Oddometer: 97
New Street Bike...

Here is a pic of my new street ride. 2007 Duc M695. I have a Sherpa and an old '74 Yamaha DT-250 for dual sport.
Attached Images

Kristen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 07:05 AM   #829
AlphaTera
990rider

Oddometer: 90
My wife and her new toy
Attached Images

Old 11-09-2007, 07:06 AM   #830
AlphaTera
990rider

Oddometer: 90
Attached Images

Old 11-09-2007, 07:14 AM   #831
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Hi Ladies,
OK lets support someone who listened to the request for ladie's sizes and made it happen. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257369 Click on the oder link and it will take you to the shirts and the prices have been reduced. This is the first time I've seen it where the ladies shirts are less expensive than the men's. They're only $10.95 and there are some great looking designs. Ohhhhhhh how this is going to cost me since I can't decide which ONE to get I have to get more than one. Yep, that's just what I need more t-shirts. Oh yeah, there's thongs that can be ordered too if that's something you like.

Apparently there have only been a few ladies t-shirts ordered which will result in the ladies sizes not being available in the future if they don't sell after they are made. My 2 cents says that's a big reason we aren't able to get ladies riding gear, etc. there just isn't enough of us that buy it when it is produced.

Many of you may not know the shirts are available much less the ladies sizes so I wanted to pass this on. I knew the shirts were available but the last time I looked at the thread the ladies shirts were still in the works, then I was busy riding and didn't get around to check it again until this morning. I miss a lot of posts during riding season because I'm too busy playing but once I start staying home a little I discover some of the things I have missed. This information might have even been posted in this thread and I missed it here but if it has I think it's worth a revisit.

You might also want to let NC Bud know you appreciate that the shirts were made.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:00 AM   #832
Medic Nodirt
say what???

Oddometer: 5
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048
Welcome, you're gonna love it here

Any pictures of you and your bike you'd like to share?
hi! Here is a pic of my bike with my better half's (coyote x) dr650 behind it..

Here is a pic of me on my bike at beckely the day i got it.

hopefully ill be getting a dr650 or something of that nature soon.. so when and where is our big ladies ride? anyone around the wv area on here?

-sarah
Old 11-10-2007, 02:22 PM   #833
Wings
marmaduked

Oddometer: 14,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by slederchic
This is a better pic of my bike for sale. I tried to post it above but messed up somehow?
I fixed your picture in the other post for you, it was just a little typo

Be sure to post your bike for sale in the FleaMarket, I bet it won't last long. Great bikes to have around, a hoot to ride and not only fun as starter bikes but obviously great for the vertically challenged as well!

Smugmug coupon code: CKZQ0vLPlmLFw
Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 05:01 AM   #834
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic Nodirt
hi! Here is a pic of my bike with my better half's (coyote x) dr650 behind it..

Here is a pic of me on my bike at beckely the day i got it.

hopefully ill be getting a dr650 or something of that nature soon.. so when and where is our big ladies ride? anyone around the wv area on here?

-sarah
Terrific pics Sarah! That will be fun for you to get a dual sport bike and you and your hubby will be able to tackle all sorts of fun things.

It's to bad you are clear on the other side of the country since I'm thinking about hosting a ladies campout ride in this area next summer. Hey, feel free to ride over and join us, wouldn't that be fun?
Old 11-11-2007, 02:31 PM   #835
HokieDNA01
Dirty Sport Girl!

Oddometer: 183
OH OH That picture of the Ducati reminded me to post pics of my new Sport bike!!!

This is my 2007 GSX-r 750. AMAZING BIKE!!! Its narrow for shorter legs but can hang with just about any street bike out there. Can't wait to puts some more miles on it next season (its getting a new suspension installed)
Attached Images

Fast and Dirty Toys Aren't Just For Boys!!
Myspace

2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750
2004 Kawasaki Ninja 250
2000 Yamaha XT225
HokieDNA01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 03:18 PM   #836
Stromerette
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
ok a new poster here
who also rides like a girl

I have the wee Strom and so does the hubby

when I grow up I want the 1200GS
or perhaps the yet to come 800GS

Tracey
Stromerette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 01:31 PM   #837
KayLR
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 477
QUOTE----hopefully ill be getting a dr650 or something of that nature soon.. so when and where is our big ladies ride? anyone around the wv area on here?

-sarah [/quote]

Hey Sarah, I am outside of St.Marys in the boondocks--about 2 hours from Charleston--northeast of ya----ride a 650 KLR and a wee strom..husband rides a KLR and Tiger955i...usually the only girl in the crowd with the dual sport riders around here--rode some gravel and single track with 28 guys a couple of weeks ago------always interesting ---49 year old GIRL shows up on her KLR and the guys either are truly nice or ignore ya like you aren't there---guess they don't know what to think---old broad on a dual sport ride----rode well enough that one of the other guys proposed marriage at the top of a knarly hill---and then proceeded to admit it to my husband at lunch-- gotta love it...I am blessed that I have a great bunch of guys to ride with...........we host a Spring Fling here in April and you and the hubby are most welcome. I'll put you on my buddy list so I can keep you updated in case you get that new dualsport bike...
here is last years thread

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217526

maybe I'll see ya on the road Kay
07 silver wee-strom----sold
I was dual before it was cool!!!
KayLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 02:59 PM   #838
demenshea
1% Angel 99% Hooligan

Oddometer: 271
ahhh....more female adventurers!!

I just came across this thread and after having read most of it am thrilled there are so many women riders and so many riding varied bike styles and riding in so many parts of the world....BRAVO

I am a relative noob myself, but am an avid rider and dedicated one. I have had the fortune of lots of free time due to being a self-employed artist and have been able in my 3 years of riding to ride nearly 50K. I have recently ridden some offroad miles, but need a different bike to do much more. I too am looking to a dual-sport in my future, but one that is fairly light and flickable.

Both my husband and I ride and have had a few different bikes. Right now i am experiencing serious moto love with my 00 Suzuki Bandit 12S. What an amazing machine...no matter where i take it, it treats me well.

My husband and I both write and do photography although he is better at both...we have a website where we write ride reports and do motography. The link is in my signature and we would love to have some more female contributors.

I just lost a friend over the weekend to a moto accident and am feeling a bit raw today. As passionate as i am for my sport, i realize the overtones of mortality and how heavily it weighs on us as riders. So ride safely and vigilently.

Just wanted to stop in and say hello to all.

cheers,
donna

Old 11-12-2007, 05:04 PM   #839
Wings
marmaduked

Oddometer: 14,108
Welcome to ADVRider Donna-I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, especially under these circumstances. I hope you'll get the joy back into riding soon nonetheless...and since photography is one of your other vices aside from motos, I'll look forward to your pics in our Ride Reports forums.

Smugmug coupon code: CKZQ0vLPlmLFw
Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 06:21 PM   #840
demenshea
1% Angel 99% Hooligan

Oddometer: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings
Welcome to ADVRider Donna-I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, especially under these circumstances. I hope you'll get the joy back into riding soon nonetheless...and since photography is one of your other vices aside from motos, I'll look forward to your pics in our Ride Reports forums.
Thanks you for your welcome and your empathy. My riding allure has not been alieviated only tarnished for a bit. Grief will sort it out for me...a ride couldn't hurt either.

I have posted a couple of ride reports in the past...but my solo ride to 7 states and two provinces is my favorite. Here is a link and i hope you and others enjoy! My passion is touring and seeing country i have never had the opportunity to enjoy. I am limited by my bike on many adventures, but hope to soon remedy that. I have enjoyed countless ADVrider ride reports and look longingly to some more international riding.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250630

I hope to meet some of you in the not too distant future.

cheers!