ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-29-2007, 08:50 PM   #856
FemmeFatale
Perpetual Motion
 
FemmeFatale's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Oddometer: 3,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMas
Thanx for the welcome!!
This is a great Thread.

Its great being here, especially the riding (when you are near the High Country that is!) and the emptyness of the country! That's what I would miss the most if I had to go back home. Although I miss a lot of home as well (I'm never homesick though, can settle anywhere ). I do miss the culture though (riding from country to country), there's no culture here, or any other countries/cultures nearby (sshhh, probably shouldn't say that in the open on worldwideweb, might get: for that! Grinn...
I know what you mean about missing the country to country and cultures. I lived in the UK for 7 years and would travel to Europe very often. Loved taking the train from Belgium to France or France to Milan or Milan to Switzerland...I miss that alot . I'm back in the USA now.
My goal is to go back and do it all on a Motorcycle

I've never been to Australia and it is definitely on my list. The company I work for has offices there and I've got some people it would be fun to visit. I also scuba dive ...need I say more!!

Hope you get to do some of the underwater when you are down under too!!

Welcome again!!
__________________
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail...... Ralph Waldo Emerson


Travel is fatal to hatred and bigotry. - William Porter
FemmeFatale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 07:38 AM   #857
Sprocketeer
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
Sprocketeer's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Oddometer: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by FemmeFatale
Welcome Sprocketeer
Great to see another women F650 rider If you haven't checked it out yet, there is a "any women riders" thread that is a great place to say hello ... women all over the world check in and share a little about their passion for bikes

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83312
Hello ladies!


**Thank you, FemmeFatale**
__________________
~Sprocketeer~
Sprocketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 04:27 PM   #858
Queen
Escapee
 
Queen's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Oddometer: 24,293
Just thought I'd share.

I posted this thread over in Equipment. I don't have any personal experience with the gear but it sure looks nicer than a lot of other gear available to us...that and actual womens sizing is a plus.
Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 09:36 AM   #859
VelvtRide
i can haz a motrsykle?
 
VelvtRide's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2003
Location: Central California
Oddometer: 25,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen
Just thought I'd share.

I posted this thread over in Equipment. I don't have any personal experience with the gear but it sure looks nicer than a lot of other gear available to us...that and actual womens sizing is a plus.
Thanks for the heads up, QB

Corazzo's nice Italian wear.
__________________
Ninja Skillz... I haz dem.

Eat to live, don't live to eat. - VelvtRide, 2011
VelvtRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 09:55 AM   #860
Queen
Escapee
 
Queen's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Oddometer: 24,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelvtRide
Thanks for the heads up, QB

Corazzo's nice Italian wear.
I'm not 100% sure but I think it's made in the USA (with an Italian logo for style)?

I love that they have a hoodie, how many younger girls will be willing to give ATGATT a go it it looks cool and actually fits.
Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 10:14 AM   #861
VelvtRide
i can haz a motrsykle?
 
VelvtRide's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2003
Location: Central California
Oddometer: 25,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen
I'm not 100% sure but I think it's made in the USA (with an Italian logo for style)?

I love that they have a hoodie, how many younger girls will be willing to give ATGATT a go it it looks cool and actually fits.
My bad. I always assumed they were Italian cuz of the logo. Made in USA is mo bettah.

BTW, the stuff I tried on seemed to run a bit small.
__________________
Ninja Skillz... I haz dem.

Eat to live, don't live to eat. - VelvtRide, 2011
VelvtRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 10:16 AM   #862
Queen
Escapee
 
Queen's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Oddometer: 24,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelvtRide
My bad. I always assumed they were Italian cuz of the logo. Made in USA is mo bettah.

BTW, the stuff I tried on seemed to run a bit small.
Good to know. How did the material feel? My BMW jacket took forever to soften up!

EDIT - Also VR, if you get a second could you post about the sizing in the thread in Equipment? Some of the guys might be ordering them up as gifts so it'd be good to know.
Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 10:22 AM   #863
VelvtRide
i can haz a motrsykle?
 
VelvtRide's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2003
Location: Central California
Oddometer: 25,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen
Good to know. How did the material feel? My BMW jacket took forever to soften up!
I only tried on one - I'm not much into the form fit stuff, but I really liked the colors. The material was a bit stiff, but it could have been because I'm so used to the flexibility of my thin Kushitani. The arms, IIRC, were tight.

Looking at the site, I can't remember which one I tried on.....


EDIT: Done.
__________________
Ninja Skillz... I haz dem.

Eat to live, don't live to eat. - VelvtRide, 2011

VelvtRide screwed with this post 12-01-2007 at 10:28 AM
VelvtRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 12:21 PM   #864
Queen
Escapee
 
Queen's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Oddometer: 24,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelvtRide
EDIT: Done.
Thanks
Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 02:33 PM   #865
MotoMas
Dominatrix
 
MotoMas's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Oddometer: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by FemmeFatale
I know what you mean about missing the country to country and cultures. I lived in the UK for 7 years and would travel to Europe very often. Loved taking the train from Belgium to France or France to Milan or Milan to Switzerland...I miss that alot . I'm back in the USA now.
My goal is to go back and do it all on a Motorcycle

I've never been to Australia and it is definitely on my list. The company I work for has offices there and I've got some people it would be fun to visit. I also scuba dive ...need I say more!!

Hope you get to do some of the underwater when you are down under too!!

Welcome again!!
Yeah, you should come here! It is pretty great I must say! When you are here you should also get a bike (somehow) and do Sydney-Melbourne through the High Country


Off course I have already gone down under (in the water I mean)
That is also super great here! Although lots of bleaching

MotoMas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 06:24 AM   #866
FemmeFatale
Perpetual Motion
 
FemmeFatale's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Oddometer: 3,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMas
Yeah, you should come here! It is pretty great I must say! When you are here you should also get a bike (somehow) and do Sydney-Melbourne through the High Country


Off course I have already gone down under (in the water I mean)
That is also super great here! Although lots of bleaching

WOW- GREAT PIC!!!!

Sounds like you are having a GREAT TIME!!!!

__________________
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail...... Ralph Waldo Emerson


Travel is fatal to hatred and bigotry. - William Porter
FemmeFatale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 09:59 AM   #867
Queen
Escapee
 
Queen's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Oddometer: 24,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMas

I would SO much rather be doing that than sitting here at work freezing my butt off. Only four more months until we dive the quarry again!
Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 05:56 PM   #868
xfm
Banned
 
xfm's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Volunteer
Oddometer: 160
another noob

howdy ladies!!!

I'm Bev, Velvetride told me about this thread and to come and introduce myself.

I have been riding for some years now, first on a Honda Rebel and now on a Multi 620, looking up to a Monster 1000 if the winter offers fit my pocketbook. I have also have done some dirt on my backyard, but I don't own a dirtbike, I used my ex beau's one but now it's an ex-dirt bike :)

Glad to find more women riders here, will lurk around some more to find my feet on the site.
xfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 05:57 PM   #869
VelvtRide
i can haz a motrsykle?
 
VelvtRide's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2003
Location: Central California
Oddometer: 25,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfm
howdy ladies!!!

I'm Bev, Velvetride told me about this thread and to come and introduce myself.

I have been riding for some years now, first on a Honda Rebel and now on a Multi 620, looking up to a Monster 1000 if the winter offers fit my pocketbook. I have also have done some dirt on my backyard, but I don't own a dirtbike, I used my ex beau's one but now it's an ex-dirt bike :)

Glad to find more women riders here, will lurk around some more to find my feet on the site.

__________________
Ninja Skillz... I haz dem.

Eat to live, don't live to eat. - VelvtRide, 2011
VelvtRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 06:28 PM   #870
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister
 
Ladybug0048's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
Oddometer: 10,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfm
howdy ladies!!!

I'm Bev, Velvetride told me about this thread and to come and introduce myself.

I have been riding for some years now, first on a Honda Rebel and now on a Multi 620, looking up to a Monster 1000 if the winter offers fit my pocketbook. I have also have done some dirt on my backyard, but I don't own a dirtbike, I used my ex beau's one but now it's an ex-dirt bike :)

Glad to find more women riders here, will lurk around some more to find my feet on the site.
Welcome to the thread. There are plenty of women riders here with a variety of riding styles. Enjoy!
__________________
AARP Gone Wild ~ Baja Style 2013
2014_Wallowa_Valley_Adventure_Jamboree
Enjoying_today_because_no_one_is_promised a tomorrow
"Be real careful which and who's dream you get caught up in!!!" ~ Jettn Jim
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014