User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2008, 11:31 AM   #961
KCDakar
What are we waiting for?

Oddometer: 3,388
Welcome MegMeg.

Can you check the links to your pics? I can't see them.

Thanks for fixing the pics!

Save $5 on Smugmug by entering coupon code: GJBcMk1uLoZm6

KCDakar screwed with this post 01-18-2008 at 11:36 AM
KCDakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 07:39 PM   #962
trailin74
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
long time since I posted

Hey all,

I love this thread! Got my KLR 07 in Sept. and loving it! Ladybug, I met/saw you briefly at the gathering at NWGS' and Mexfin's in October. I was the one that tried to fly that day--over the handle bars ANyway, it's great catching up on this thread. Look forward to meeting fellow women riders in the future! Oh, and FT (for those who know this fella...watch out for the tea bagging) got me hooked on ADVider several months ago as well as encouraged me to follow my passion and finally get a motorcycle!

Jami
Old 01-18-2008, 08:15 PM   #963
solorider40
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 697
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegMeg
*waves*

Hi, I've been lurking around on here for a while and just discovered this thread. :) I took the MSF class about a year ago and got my F650 in August. It's been a great journey learning how to ride, I've been loving every minute of it.

Here's me on the spruce goose, the day I got it.

And here's me sans the helmet, last July, at Lake Louise in Banff National Park.

Edited to fix photo links (picasa doesn't link hotlinking:p)
Awesome! It is so great to see more women buying and riding bikes!! You look good on that bike Meg! My hats off to you for doing the right thing and taking a riders course. IMHO I would rather ride with a girl and her bike then ride with a girl on the back of my bike. I think its just alot more fun for both. Beside, when I was a kid my brothers tried to scare me on thier bike (me on the back) so I hate riding back seat and can't imagine that being fun for anyone.
solorider40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 09:48 PM   #964
Bonnie Abbzug
Property of Hayduke

Oddometer: 10,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailin74
Hey all,

I love this thread! Got my KLR 07 in Sept. and loving it! Ladybug, I met/saw you briefly at the gathering at NWGS' and Mexfin's in October. I was the one that tried to fly that day--over the handle bars ANyway, it's great catching up on this thread. Look forward to meeting fellow women riders in the future! Oh, and FT (for those who know this fella...watch out for the tea bagging) got me hooked on ADVider several months ago as well as encouraged me to follow my passion and finally get a motorcycle!

Jami
I'll be seeing FT next weekend. I haven't yet figured out how I'm going to protect my seat yet, but I'll come up with something by then!!!

He's a good guy that FT, even if he does seem to get naked at the drop of a hat !!!

Welcome back to the thread trailin!!!
Bonnie Abbzug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 10:08 PM   #965
tlgreen
Dirty adventurer

Oddometer: 553
Laugh only one head

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddmechanic
Well, guys look at you like that because they're jackasses, or they're like me and think it's cool, and well, yeh, sexy, to see a woman riding. So maybe that look of 'that's freakin' cool', comes out looking like 'that chick has two heads'....or maybe you have two heads.
I mean, I have never seen you.
I'm the girl from the Get-lost Oregon DVD www.motoventurefilms.com that came out recently. I think it has more to do with the bike I ride than anything. I still get the "bikes a bit big for you don't you think?" bull. Thats ok though, any guy that can handle a girl that rides, is good with me!
There are so many awesome female riders though; I just wish I had started earlier....
Old 01-18-2008, 10:22 PM   #966
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailin74
Hey all,

Jami
Hi Jami , I do remember meeting you and I'll be seeing you at the PNWet Fest , just watch out for FTs tea bags

Hey, how about coming over to the east side and riding Hells Canyon with us? http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=284743 page 21 sort of has things outlined. It sure would be nice to have a few more gals along. Think about it.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 10:29 PM   #967
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie Abbzug
I'll be seeing FT next weekend. I haven't yet figured out how I'm going to protect my seat yet, but I'll come up with something by then!!!

He's a good guy that FT, even if he does seem to get naked at the drop of a hat !!!

Welcome back to the thread trailin!!!
Ben Gay on the seat has been mentioned more than once I've only met him a couple times but from what I've heard and seen he has a heart of gold. Enjoy seeing him and tell him hello for me too.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:57 PM   #968
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_Wolf
IMNSHO it's an excellant FIRST bike for a new rider and a great bike for an experienced rider who's not worried about their EGO being bruised. I just hope to hear that she took the MSF course
I think an F650 is a terrific bike, if you notice in my sig line I own two of them. I've been riding 30 years, I'm 5'0" and think a F650 is one heck of a first bike. For some it is an exellant FIRST bike for others not so much. It all depends on who you are, your size, what you plan to do with it.

I've had bikes that range from 100ccs to 1340ccs, (100,000 miles on the 1340) and everything in between. I have gone back to a 650 for my main bike and I'm soon to take delivery of a 200 for a dual purpose bike for more aggressive riding. I will be taking the 200 to Baja then riding it back to Spokane, WA in March. The 650 I have no problem taking on gravel and dirt roads but anything more technical than easy stuff and that bike is too big for me. Like I said I'm 5'0" and for me it's a big bike for off pavement.

I'm impessed by any woman that starts on a 650 and especially a small woman that does it, they have one heck of a lot more backbone than I do. With that said I've also seen women who have started on bikes to big for them and lose intrest when they could have loved it but they started on the wrong bike. There's not one perfect bike for everyone, the perfect bike for each person is the one they think is perfect.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:43 AM   #969
Queen
Escapee

Oddometer: 24,467
Glad to see the new faces! Welcome!

How about some more pics of everyones bikes? It's cold (1F) and dark here in IL so if anyone has bike pics that don't show snow...post 'em up and help us frozen gals dream of Spring.
Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 07:17 AM   #970
KCDakar
What are we waiting for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen
Glad to see the new faces! Welcome!

How about some more pics of everyones bikes? It's cold (1F) and dark here in IL so if anyone has bike pics that don't show snow...post 'em up and help us frozen gals dream of Spring.
What she said!
-4 here and the pipes are frozen solid. I need to think about anything but how cold it is right now.

Old 01-19-2008, 07:27 AM   #971
Queen
Escapee

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCDakar
What she said!
-4 here and the pipes are frozen solid. I need to think about anything but how cold it is right now.
I'm going to the bike shop later today to daydream and think about Spring.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:34 AM   #972
KCDakar
What are we waiting for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen
I'm going to the bike shop later today to daydream and think about Spring.
Send a Girl some pics will ya?

Old 01-19-2008, 07:38 AM   #973
Queen
Escapee

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCDakar
Send a Girl some pics will ya?
Good idea, I'll try to remember to take my camera.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:21 AM   #974
Bonnie Abbzug
Property of Hayduke

Oddometer: 10,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048
Ben Gay on the seat has been mentioned more than once I've only met him a couple times but from what I've heard and seen he has a heart of gold. Enjoy seeing him and tell him hello for me too.
Heart of gold indeed! He's such a sweetie!

I'll be sure to tell him you said hello!!!

Warm weather pics:

Headin' to Lake City, Co (Home of West Fest 08)

Bonnie Abbzug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 08:41 AM   #975
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie Abbzug
Warm weather pics:

Headin' to Lake City, Co (Home of West Fest 08)

Great pictures, looks like a fun place to ride. I'm going searching for a couple, I'll be right back.