Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2006, 05:47 PM   #106
Ricardo Kuhn
a.k.a. Mr Rico Suave

Oddometer: 12,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol y Sombra
Hello there,

I am Sylvia, from the Netherlands. I check the ride reports here often, and post something now and then.
I ride about 10 years, most of the time on a R1100GS.
A couple of months after I bought a 1200GS:

a car hit me, and I broke about all my bones.
I am starting to get my life back now, and bought a Yamaha Tricker to get used to the traffic again (and be able to come to a standstill without falling, with my now very weak legs):

Oh No Sylvia you are so great,, i hope you get better soon...

I still remenber the first time I saw your website, i was thinking "Man this dude rides like the wind" yeah sorry for the chovinistic aproach ,but most of the Humans that can power driff a GS are ussually males, in fact I'm very much a male (not by choice for sure) and I can still not ride the way you do...
anyway then i discover a few days later than you were a woman i was really glad, happy, exited and for sure attacted, to you intense and no holdbar personality, plus i never really got to understand why MoToRcYcLeS are soppose to be a "Guys sport",,, yes i kind of understand the antropological, cultural and educational issues that MaKe us diferent ( from the start even if they have very little to do with genetics and/or cromosomes) since most of the woman i have the chance and pleasure to ride with are extremlly focus and reliable (you can ride really close to them with out risk) and some of them are extremlly fast and skillful (mostlly because only a few like to go fast, but most of them actually show the skill to do soo even if they just don' have any interest in doing it ) i specially like and envy the avility they ussually posses to pick the best possible lines and how smooth and gentle they ride, specially since i'm kind of a "BRute" very forceful and energy waster I enjoy very much seeing somebody that can ride almost like they were dancing, plus woman make for exelent camping partners, no not for the ussual sexual part, but because they are ussually far more mellow and sensitive to the nature that sorround them..

I hope you get better amiga Sylvia, so you can ride again like you did before.
Old 03-12-2006, 11:13 PM   #107
Ingrid
KTM_Chick

Oddometer: 196
add me to your list

I come with female parts too , but ride like a man.... haha..... NOT! .....that is, ride like a man. My boyfriend beats me around every corner. I hate him (just kidding Honey ), it's sooooo depressing though, and annoying!! But he's been riding MUCH longer then me, and I will catch up, so help me God! Determination is my middle name, and quitting isn't my game. I hope that advanced rider's course in June will help, not to mention a track day or two this summer. I really have a need for speed, and flying around corners is oh so thrilling Kinda like skydiving, but on a horizontal plane with a few twists.

Cheers to terminal velocity, & all the girls on this site (I'm new here too) I'll host the party, just let me know when.
Old 03-16-2006, 11:52 AM   #108
bobcat
recalculating

Oddometer: 3,062
And another one...

Howdy! Guess it's about time to post in this thread, as I've been trying to pry myself out of lurk mode lately. I've been riding for 10 years, first on a Yamaha Radian, then a Honda VFR, and now on the Wee-Strom. My friend and fellow ADVrider Richard_ took this pic of me on a ride last fall, my most exciting water crossing ever, whoo hoo!:

Looking forward to meeting some more ADVriders at Shogapalooza in June!
bobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 12:27 PM   #109
bobcat
recalculating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoganai
And super glad I'll get the chance to meet you!
Right back atcha Shogs! BTW, there's a good BMW shop here in Austin if ya'll are in need of such a thing by the time you get to Texas. And if I can help you out in any way just let me know.
Old 03-16-2006, 12:33 PM   #110
Queen
Escapee

Oddometer: 24,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat
Right back atcha Shogs! BTW, there's a good BMW shop here in Austin if ya'll are in need of such a thing by the time you get to Texas. And if I can help you out in any way just let me know.
Point of clarification please.

I thought Shogs was going solo?? Is "ya'll" singular as well as plural or is she traveling with someone??
Queen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 12:39 PM   #111
bobcat
recalculating

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBOTU

I thought Shogs was going solo?? Is "ya'll" singular as well as plural or is she traveling with someone??
Howdy QBOTU, it's plural, I think she's riding w/Steve to TX, but I could be wrong.
Old 03-16-2006, 12:41 PM   #112
Lobby
Viel Spass, Vato!

Oddometer: 27,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBOTU

The Texass contingent is hosting Shogs for an Advrider gathering in the Texas Hill Country during her trip.

Check the link on her sig line.

You're coming, ain't cha?
Old 03-16-2006, 02:51 PM   #113
JJMSP
Cervicalgia

Oddometer: 1,548
Hi Everyone!

My Hubs and I have been lurking for a bit here ... I’ve been riding since 1983.
Now I have dated myself somewhat haven’t I …J

Started on the “oh so very Kewl” Nighthawk ~ yup, I was a hook, line and sinker to some great advertising. I was sitting on the hand me down sofa in my shit hole apartment ~ all I could afford at the age of 19! Sure enough, I was sold by a commercial on TV one Saturday afternoon. A Honda nighthawk commercial showed two boys sitting out front of a dustbowl bar and out walks Jake. He gets on a bike and rides off. ………..
The one man on the porch spoke to the other “say, doesn’t Jake live that way” and point in the opposite direction Jake went. I jumped off that sofa instantly and went to the closest Honda dealer and purchased that bike knowing nothing about it!!!!!

The nearby church parking lot was my friend for the next two weeks. Outgrew the 400 and purchased the 600 with in the same year.

Then I converted from standard riding to sport bike riding a few years later because that fit my “age” for me then. Last year I considered buying the Triumph Sprint or the Yamaha 1200 sport touring …. Until the hubs had to go and purchase a R100GS Paris Dakar … I rode that less than 20 miles … and I knew …
So after 15 years of zipping around, I just sold my 1989 Katana 600 and now I'm seeking a wee-strom ( I think ). If only I could afford my own GS ... but ... my hope is we can share that bike of his with my new purchase. We have a few others in the stable.

Sometimes I do ride with four other female friends locally and I also own a Riva 200 step thru scooter!

Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. ~ T.S. Elliot

Save $5 when you join smugmug! use code yvtwmtzwtnSZA

JJMSP screwed with this post 03-19-2006 at 04:59 PM
JJMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 04:23 PM   #114
Jack Daniel
See Ya At The Swamp

Oddometer: 12,014
Shogs/Steverino: At least ya'll have committed to the Eastern Rondezvous That means I finally get to meet you both

The Scrub The Swamp
Jack Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 08:13 PM   #115
Lobby
Viel Spass, Vato!

Oddometer: 27,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJMSP
...Started on the “oh so very Kewl” Nighthawk ~ yup, I was a hook, line and sinker to some great advertising. I was sitting on the hand me down sofa in my shit hole apartment ~ all I could afford at the age of 19! Sure enough, I was sold by a commercial on TV one Saturday afternoon. A Honda nighthawk commercial showed two buys sitting out front of a dustbowl bar and out walks Jake. He gets on a bike and rides off. ………..

The one man on the porch spoke to the other “say, doesn’t Jake live that way” and point in the opposite direction Jake went. I jumped off that sofa instantly and went to the closest Honda dealer and purchased that bike knowing nothing about it!!!!!...
Cool story! Proving that men aren't the only ones swayed by motorcycle commercials.
Old 03-20-2006, 06:59 PM   #116
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by * SHAG *
Ladybug0048! Going to RA in Boise or Top-O-Rockies?
I've been considering Boise but it will depend on if I can get vacation time or not. First couple of weeks of June I'll be riding to Alaska so that's my priority vacation this year.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 07:03 PM   #117
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat
Howdy! Guess it's about time to post in this thread, as I've been trying to pry myself out of lurk mode lately. I've been riding for 10 years, first on a Yamaha Radian, then a Honda VFR, and now on the Wee-Strom. My friend and fellow ADVrider Richard_ took this pic of me on a ride last fall, my most exciting water crossing ever, whoo hoo!:

Looking forward to meeting some more ADVriders at Shogapalooza in June!
I like water crossing and that one looks like a very fun crossing
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 07:18 PM   #118
MotoKat
Whine Cooler.

Oddometer: 29,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by * SHAG *
Ladybug0048! Going to RA in Boise or Top-O-Rockies?
What's the RA in Boise??
MotoKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 05:16 AM   #119
liv2ryde
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Hello, new to this group but not riding. Woman rider in Michigan, I ride a TW200 dual sport, 84 Yamaha Virago 1000, and a Suzuki Ozark ATV. Virago below is actually for sale, I am just going to stay with the off road trails and ride the thumper to work, the TW (thumper) gets between 70-80 miles per gallon. I don't ride the virago enough to keep.
liv2ryde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 05:18 AM   #120
liv2ryde
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Here is my TW200, lots of fun!
liv2ryde is offline   Reply With Quote