User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2008, 04:57 AM   #1351
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,569
Girls just having fun

Last weekend a few of us gals got together for a girlie weekend of camping and riding. We had a blast: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=368482

I want to do another weekend like this but add some dirt in as well. If any of you other Northwest gals would like to be included let me know and I'll be sure to provide you with the what, when, and where once I figure it out.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 09:44 AM   #1352
BedNinja
b00b

Oddometer: 42
Here's me on my '08 250 Ninja the day it got delivered. Ah, I remember it so well

BedNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 03:10 PM   #1353
Motorcycle Grandma
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 111
Just thought I would say hi to everyone. I have been riding bikes for over 30 yrs. and still love it. I am presently riding a SV650 and think it is the best bike I have ever had. I have just gotten it out fitted with JC Whitney cases and am ready to go on a long road trip. Hope to do so Labor Day weekend. Have several friends who ride also and some times we take off for the day and leave the hubbies at home. Anyone in NC that would like to get with us let us know. We are outside of Raleigh and like to head towards VA or the mountains.

Everyone ride safe.
Motorcycle Grandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 09:13 PM   #1354
PrairieRider
Gearing down for Hell

Oddometer: 3,879
Hi Trailsong! Met you at Chickfest. How did your daughter's 1st two-up ride go? Sure enjoyed watching the kids on their bikes! What a hoot! Wish I had learned to ride when I was that young.

Welcome Motorcycle Grandma! Sounds like a stylin' setup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailSong
I've met a couple of you gals at Chick Fest 2008 in Salida. I have been riding for a couple years, have been in a couple post with my husband Wes Weber and now have my own login.

I love to ride dirt! I'm not so much for the pavement. What a great thread. I'm always looking for other gals to ride with here in Colorado.

Thanks,
Janet
(Golden,CO)
PrairieRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 06:35 AM   #1355
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Welcome Motorcycle Grandma. This is a great place to be, you'll like it here. As you and your gal pal take rides be sure to tell us about your Adventures, it sounds like you have a lot of fun.

PrairieRider and Trailsong, tell us about Chick Fest. Any pictures to share? I'm sure yo had a good time there.
Old 08-03-2008, 02:03 PM   #1356
PrairieRider
Gearing down for Hell

Oddometer: 3,879
It was a women's dirtbike clinic held near Salida, CO organized by FemmeMoto and Johnny_5. See link below.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=327859

It was a great time and we took some nice rides. There was something for every skill level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048
Welcome Motorcycle Grandma. This is a great place to be, you'll like it here. As you and your gal pal take rides be sure to tell us about your Adventures, it sounds like you have a lot of fun.

PrairieRider and Trailsong, tell us about Chick Fest. Any pictures to share? I'm sure yo had a good time there.
PrairieRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 09:15 PM   #1357
Tempesta
I know, right?

Oddometer: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048
For the uncomfortable seat see: http://www.richscustomseats.com I've had three seats done by Rich in the last 3 years and I LOVE them.
Ladybug, I have an appointment at Rich's in a couple of weeks for a new seat. I was curious to know, when you got your seats done, if you went with a vinyl or leather seat cover. Leather supposedly breathes better, but it rains a lot here on my side of the hill, although some say that it doesn't matter and in fact the vinyl cover can trap moisture and the seat will never dry out... eh I dunno. What do you think?

K
Old 08-07-2008, 04:36 AM   #1358
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempesta
Ladybug, I have an appointment at Rich's in a couple of weeks for a new seat. I was curious to know, when you got your seats done, if you went with a vinyl or leather seat cover. Leather supposedly breathes better, but it rains a lot here on my side of the hill, although some say that it doesn't matter and in fact the vinyl cover can trap moisture and the seat will never dry out... eh I dunno. What do you think?

K
I have leather on my '99 and vinyl on my '07. The leather is nice enough but I regretted spending the extra money. I don't notice any difference in how the seat "breathes", when it's hot it's still hot. I worry a lot more about my leather seat and it's more work since I have to remember to put the leather conditioner on it. I also worry a lot more about that one when I get off the pavement as I worry that the dirt grinding into the leather isn't good for it. I've never had a vinyl seat trap moister on any of my bikes but I guess it could happen. Again I do worry about the leather seat a lot more when it rains than I do my vinyl seat. Probably a lot of my concerns don't need to be there but they are.

If I ever buy a nice street bike I might go with leather again but for anything else I'll stay with vinyl.

Be sure to take pictures of your bike with the new seat when you get it done. Heck, how about doing a ride report of your seat experience? I wish I would have done that.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:55 PM   #1359
Tempesta
I know, right?

hmm

I would get the leather if it was way more comfortable, but it sounds like it's not a noticeable difference. So I'll save myself some $$$.

Ride report "My Ride to Rich's" - you're on! The creative wheels are already turning...

Thanks for the advice!

K
Old 08-10-2008, 01:37 PM   #1360
Roadrunner
(Negativus Supersonicus)

Oddometer: 22,874
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcycle Grandma
Just thought I would say hi to everyone. I have been riding bikes for over 30 yrs. and still love it. I am presently riding a SV650 and think it is the best bike I have ever had. I have just gotten it out fitted with JC Whitney cases and am ready to go on a long road trip. Hope to do so Labor Day weekend. Have several friends who ride also and some times we take off for the day and leave the hubbies at home. Anyone in NC that would like to get with us let us know. We are outside of Raleigh and like to head towards VA or the mountains.

Everyone ride safe.
OK - I'm not a grandma, and my 4th grade students don't know that I could be....but I'm starting to ride again! Years ago I had a Honda CB200 and rode for many years. I toured and operated on a Goldwing and BMW, but never owned anything that big. My husband and now live in the foothills of the sandia mountains near albuquerque, so we decided since I wanted to start riding again we would get a dual purpose. A few weeks ago we bought a Yamaha XT250x, and I really like it - even if I can't *totally* put my feet flat - but almost!

So, hello to everyone! I'm in the albuquerque, bernalillo area - so please don't forget us out here in the sticks!

Roadrunner screwed with this post 08-31-2008 at 08:10 PM
Roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 06:18 AM   #1361
Astir
Adventuress

Oddometer: 195
Hi gabbriell! Welcome to the insanity!

Where are the pictures of your new ride?
Astir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 06:30 AM   #1362
LadyDraco
KillerSmileIHazIt !!

Oddometer: 27,171
Well gals...
I finally finished putting the clutch back in my favorite rig...
To bring you up to date ..
It went out last year in Oct. while we where in NC..
Started working on it in Feb.. Then life got in the way...
And well I had another rig to ride , so I wasn't under pressure to get it done..
So Wed. I got it all buttoned back up and Holy crap it works !!!
I have taken it on a total of 250 miles of test rides !!
It feel so good to be back on it.. It's my baby!!!
I have well over 100k with it... We have been together since April 2002...
Just finished running Va.16 a great mountain twisty road...
Gosh I love this Valk !!!

I was so happy .. I just had to share!!!

And welcome to all the new Gals !!!

Check it from time to time as I'm always adding to it..
My Rides and life on the Farm
LadyDraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 06:35 AM   #1363
Tempesta
I know, right?

Yay!

Congratulations, Lady D! Now you get to enjoy your baby for the rest of the summer! Swooping around the twisties!

K
Old 08-12-2008, 03:58 PM   #1364
wendella
wide eyed in wonder

Oddometer: 7
another feminine hand is raised in the girl count
wendella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 04:19 PM   #1365
LadyDraco
KillerSmileIHazIt !!

Oddometer: 27,171
Welcome wendella...

Yes Tempesta... My Black is a nice rig...
But this one is the one that I ride the best... We just fit !!!
I built TheBlack one.. But it really rides different...

This happened on the way up my driveway... It has a lot of miles on it

The number just tickled me.... I had to take a pix...

Check it from time to time as I'm always adding to it..
My Rides and life on the Farm
LadyDraco is offline   Reply With Quote