User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2008, 10:09 PM   #1411
kelamity
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 102
Hi everyone!

I just finished putting up my first ride report. I wrote up the first few days of the trip and then I accidentally clicked on something and the whole thing disappeared and I had to start all over!! Uhhg! I went out and walked my dog and poured a glass of wine and started over. Then I did it AGAIN! Anyway, it's a report of my trip from NYC to Nova Scotia that I did a couple of weeks ago. Most of you girls seem to be from out west so it might be a little something different for you. I'll try to finish it tomorrow after work.
BTW, is anyone from the New York area?

Here is the link.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=384951
kelamity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 10:21 PM   #1412
kelamity
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 102
Nice pics PrairieRider! That looked like a fun ride. You girls out West have it all & right in your backyard. I need to change careers and move somewhere out there. My dogwalking business just isn't transferable.
kelamity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 11:02 PM   #1413
Extreme Velcro
Vegan Junk Food Addict

Oddometer: 8,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbriell
BEAUTIFUL weather here in North Central New Mexico! I went out riding just to put more miles on my bike as I'm breaking it in, and to get my husband to witness a new sound I'm hearing on it when it gets really hot. It sounds as if it is the exhaust *clicking* - but it is new and loud enough I can even hear when I'm riding, but mostly when I stop. I know I can hear cars do this when they are put in a garage, but I've never heard a motorcycle do it so loud it is even noticeable while it is running. I hope it is nothing serious.
I'm sure by now hubby has told you that it is nothing serious. It's called tinking apparently, but it's when the metal gets hot and expands and contracts.

All normal....
Old 09-15-2008, 06:59 AM   #1414
PrairieRider
Gearing down for Hell

Oddometer: 3,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelamity
Nice pics PrairieRider! That looked like a fun ride. You girls out West have it all & right in your backyard. I need to change careers and move somewhere out there. My dogwalking business just isn't transferable.
Very nice pics of NS!

I was born in downstate NY but raised in MA. I never made it to Nova Scotia, but would like to get back there. I knew folks who toured it on bicycle, and it looked like a of fun! I miss the ocean!!
PrairieRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 07:29 AM   #1415
Extreme Velcro
Vegan Junk Food Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrairieRider
Very nice pics of NS!

I was born in downstate NY but raised in MA. I never made it to Nova Scotia, but would like to get back there. I knew folks who toured it on bicycle, and it looked like a of fun! I miss the ocean!!
Fabuloso - great for me to see all the other beautiful places out there. Of course, I remain fanatical about my spot in this wonderful world, boringly so.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:17 AM   #1416
Newstar
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Saying hello!

Hi Everyone,

I lurk here now and then and figured I'd officially say hi! I'm one of a handful of women riders in the area. Our numbers are growing and we are planning our second Girly Girl Weekend in less than two weeks. If anyone of you girls are interested, we'll be in Deep Creek, MD. PM me for details.

Tracy

p.s. I ride a BMW F650 GS and a Moto Guzzi Norge.
Newstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 01:35 PM   #1417
LadyDraco
KillerSmileIHazIt !!

Oddometer: 28,069
Heya Newstar...
Post more about this weekend thing that your talking about...

And cool another gal named Tracy And spelled the same way..
Don't run in to that to much...

Also fill out your Profile that goes for any other ladies that haven't done so...

Tracy

Check it from time to time as I'm always adding to it..
My Rides and life on the Farm
LadyDraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 03:47 PM   #1418
SunnySideUp
O hell, I'll do it!

Oddometer: 700
Hey Girls!

The ride report is still in progress, but here's the link to the ride I finished this past weekend:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=384927

I titled it "How many men does it take to ride the OBDR?"

I've been through 7 men to get this particular route finished! Seven men - as in riding partners!

I hope everyone is enjoying the last of summer! How many more rides can we squeeze in?!

It's great to hear of so many more women getting on the bikes!!

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"

M. Oliver
SunnySideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 05:32 PM   #1419
Roadrunner
(Negativus Supersonicus)

Oddometer: 23,164
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySideUp
Hey Girls!

The ride report is still in progress, but here's the link to the ride I finished this past weekend:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=384927

I titled it "How many men does it take to ride the OBDR?"

I've been through 7 men to get this particular route finished! Seven men - as in riding partners!

I hope everyone is enjoying the last of summer! How many more rides can we squeeze in?!

It's great to hear of so many more women getting on the bikes!!
OK - I must be an 'oldie (but goodie). I've been riding since 1974 - bought a new bike in 1975. I used to have guys ask me through their car windows, "Are you a girl????" I'd usually just mysteriously nod once.... But then, we gals back West have always been a bit on the "Yahoo!" side. (Hee Hee). And yes, I meant "back West." My ancestors have been noted here since the late 1500's - waaaayyy before the Pilgrims set foot on Plymouth Rock. And no, I wasn't among them.
Roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 05:53 PM   #1420
Newstar
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
MARS Girly Girl Ride II

Hey Tracy!

This is our second Girly Girl weekend trip. The first April in Cape May. It started when we realized the Mid Atlantic Riders (BMW Club) has enough women now and we all started riding more together.

We are leaving Newark, DE on Friday morning, 9/26. Heading to Deep Creek, MD where we will be staying at the Will O'the Wisp motel/cottage. Saturday, we will most likely ride up into PA towards Falling Water and Ohio Pyle State Park. Then head home again on Sunday.

Due to scheduling conflicts, there are only three of us going at the moment but would love to have more. Let me know if any of you are interested in joining us.

Tracy
(off to fill out my profile)
Newstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 07:37 PM   #1421
Roadrunner
(Negativus Supersonicus)

Oddometer: 23,164
Eh? Yes.....but

Quote:
From Extreme Velcro "I'm sure by now hubby has told you that it is nothing serious. It's called tinking apparently, but it's when the metal gets hot and expands and contracts.

All normal...."

The problem with that answer is;

1. I've had many vehicles that "tink" when they are shut off, and I know about expanding and contracting metal.

2. The bike wasn't doing it the first 270 miles. But it is now (I just turned 300).

3. It is so loud, other people can hear the clicking when I'm sitting at a light.

So.....what the h*** is going on?????

Roadrunner screwed with this post 09-15-2008 at 07:43 PM
Roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:27 PM   #1422
LadyDraco
KillerSmileIHazIt !!

Dang it ... Timing is bad for me..
Oh well ... maybe next time...

Old 09-15-2008, 11:10 PM   #1423
Extreme Velcro
Vegan Junk Food Addict

Quote:

1. I've had many vehicles that "tink" when they are shut off, and I know about expanding and contracting metal.

2. The bike wasn't doing it the first 270 miles. But it is now (I just turned 300).

3. It is so loud, other people can hear the clicking when I'm sitting at a light.

Now you've lost me. Will go back to the grindstone...
Old 09-15-2008, 11:19 PM   #1424
LadyDraco
KillerSmileIHazIt !!

Quote:

Well if it is brand NEW take it back to the dealer..
It could be a lifter ... Exhaust leak of some sort... How's the oil level??
Or it could just be some things that loosened up !!
Just My .2 ..............

Old 09-16-2008, 06:01 AM   #1425
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,795
Hi Everyone,

It's good to see things picking up here. It seems this thread dies then comes back to life often. I like it when it's in the "life" mode.

Here in the NW it's a beautiful time of the year to ride and we have been having some terrific weather for it.

SunnySideUp, good ride report I'm following it. Love all the pictures especially that water crossing. Good Job!!

Newstar, what's a girly girl ride? I can't make it to it since it's a bit far but I'm curious. Is it women only, are you doing girly girl things? More times than not when I have attended women's rides the spouses are included and I have walked away more than once feeling like the odd women out when I show up solo and it's all couples.

Gabbiel, back west? Where in the west are you? I'm also and oldie (but goodie) and have been riding 30+ years. I'm constantly learning and love every minute of it. The "are you a girl" thing has been a tad boring and so has the "do you ride that big thing all by your self?" comments. Although now that I'm riding smaller bikes and I'm a bit older I don't get those comments (come ons) as much. Things for women riding are so much better now than they were even 10 years ago. For years trying to get decent riding clothes and boots for women was impossible. There was the foo foo biker chick profiling on the back of the bike clothes but not much for riders. Things are progressing and I love it.

Friday Rainbow007 and I will be heading out on a tiny bike tour to Southern Idaho riding about 50% dirt 50% pavement. She'll be on her Yamaha XT250 and I'll be riding the Superbug a Suzuki DR200SE. We'll be camping so our tiny tour bikes will be fully loaded for this adventure. This is going to be a blast.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote