User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 03:18 PM   #1
kellymac530 OP
motorcycle addict

Oddometer: 1,052
new format?

I have been gone for a bit. What changed? Posts only come up one at a time with this stupid top screen with the next few post.

I want my old set up where there are 10, 20, 30 posts on a page and I can scroll and see that pages post. How do I get back there....if not possible then this site now sucks. Hopefully it is possible.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:28 PM   #2
Russ

Oddometer: 15,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellymac530 View Post
I have been gone for a bit. What changed? Posts only come up one at a time with this stupid top screen with the next few post.

I want my old set up where there are 10, 20, 30 posts on a page and I can scroll and see that pages post. How do I get back there....if not possible then this site now sucks. Hopefully it is possible.
Go to the bottom of the page and try all the styles until you find the one you are familiar with, see below:

Then go to your Control Panel>Edit Options>Thread Display Options> and set it up the way you want it.

Then click this link
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:19 PM   #3
schaffer40
I look lived in.....

Oddometer: 388
Kind of an asshole post from someone who hasn't been around in awhile on a FREE site. Lighten up... why don't ask for help a little more politely. No wonder the rest of the country thinks all Californians are assholes

Punk Rock Changed My Life- The Minutemen
schaffer40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:48 AM   #4
Flood
F5lood.

Oddometer: 10,161
Go to your user control panel->options->thread display mode->linear-oldest first.

RallyRAIDio on Twitter
RallyRAIDio on Facebook
Flood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:14 PM   #5
kellymac530 OP
motorcycle addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaffer40 View Post
Kind of an asshole post from someone who hasn't been around in awhile on a FREE site. Lighten up... why don't ask for help a little more politely. No wonder the rest of the country thinks all Californians are assholes
Apparently we both add to the stereotypes. You relied with a punk answer while still not helping me. So thanks for that, or not. I did ask on another thread more politely and it got moved or deleted and can not be found.
If it is a free site then why bother changing it at all. Leave it alone. It worked fine. Changes cost money.

SYDAD, thanks for the help but that did not change what I am asking for help with. All that changed was the colors and font stuff on the screen.

Flood, thanks also, that got me closer. My replies are all on screen now similar to what they used to be, but still not what I want in any of the modes, threaded, hybrid or linear which is close to what it used to be.

Just don't get why people have to screw with what ain't broke.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:27 PM   #6
Russ

Oddometer: 15,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellymac530 View Post
If it is a free site then why bother changing it at all. Leave it alone. It worked fine. Changes cost money.
Just don't get why people have to screw with what ain't broke.
When you own the site you get to decide what look and feel it should have, simple as that.

All old styles and settings are still there, you just need to play around with your settings and you will be able to get exactly it as it was.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:04 PM   #7
kellymac530 OP
motorcycle addict

I got it finally to go back to what it was originally with a combo of yours and Floods reccomendations.

Thanx.

Kinda grumpy lately. Gotta have another cervical fusion and really frustrated. I still don't get why someone had to change my settings if all of the setting are still there....if the whole site just reformatted that is irritating enough, but why just randomly change if it is not mandatory. Almost more frustrating for me that my settings are still there but someone had to change it around and screw it up on me for no reason.

Whatever though. Its back now. Thanks. ADV2.0 and linear...got it. I need some wind in my face

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: