Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2012, 04:08 PM   #16
whisperquiet
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gham View Post
Amazing that you don't see more Dusters,they sold them by the thousands but so few seem to have survived.You see tons of Yamaha 125 Enduro's (ATC 125 I believe) but rarely do you see any Suzuki's.Maybe because so many were converted to MX bikes before the TM125 was introduced?????
True-true..........I owned four TS125 Dusters. I bought a new 1972, rode it 5000 miles and traded for another new 1972 Duster for $125.00!! difference. The second Duster lasted about 2 weeks before it was totaled when a car hit me. So, I bought another '72 Duster and rode it until the new red 1973 Duster came out---------bought one of them also. Two of my best friends owned them and they were more popular where I lived than the AT1/AT2 Yamaha 125 Enduro.

I owned a 1973 TS400 for a while (evil bike for an 18 year old) and finally settled on a TS185K with a 21" front wheel conversion............It was the best Suzuki two stroke for what I did...........and BTW, Suzuki did sell a hop up kit for the TS series bikes.
whisperquiet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:42 PM   #17
Gham
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by whisperquiet View Post
True-true..........I owned four TS125 Dusters. I bought a new 1972, rode it 5000 miles and traded for another new 1972 Duster for $125.00!! difference. The second Duster lasted about 2 weeks before it was totaled when a car hit me. So, I bought another '72 Duster and rode it until the new red 1973 Duster came out---------bought one of them also. Two of my best friends owned them and they were more popular where I lived than the AT1/AT2 Yamaha 125 Enduro.

I owned a 1973 TS400 for a while (evil bike for an 18 year old) and finally settled on a TS185K with a 21" front wheel conversion............It was the best Suzuki two stroke for what I did...........and BTW, Suzuki did sell a hop up kit for the TS series bikes.

Very cool!!

I loved Suzuki's when I was a kid,In Texas you could get a license
for 100cc and under at age 15.It was my ticket to freedom in 1972 and I wore out a TC90 Blazer on the streets of Plano.

We rode trails and just basically had a great time.Then I got bigger bikes but have always loved (and missed) the old Enduro type bike.It was a go anywhere,do anything machine.

The TS 185 was a great bike,wasn't it called a Siera?

Society Historicus Revisioniscus
Gham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:19 PM   #18
whisperquiet
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 821
Quote:
Very cool!!

I loved Suzuki's when I was a kid,In Texas you could get a license
for 100cc and under at age 15.It was my ticket to freedom in 1972 and I wore out a TC90 Blazer on the streets of Plano.

We rode trails and just basically had a great time.Then I got bigger bikes but have always loved (and missed) the old Enduro type bike.It was a go anywhere,do anything machine.

The TS 185 was a great bike,wasn't it called a Siera?

It was the Sierra..........mine was the yellow one. BTW, this is a great site dedicated to Suzuki.

http://www.suzukicycles.org/TS-TC-series/TS185.shtml

Now, if I could just find a very good condition 75-76 GT250 Hustler close and for a decent price.
whisperquiet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:22 PM   #19
Gham
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whisperquiet View Post
It was the Sierra..........mine was the yellow one. BTW, this is a great site dedicated to Suzuki.

http://www.suzukicycles.org/TS-TC-series/TS185.shtml

Now, if I could just find a very good condition 75-76 GT250 Hustler close and for a decent price.
Good luck finding a Hustler,I've never seen one in person!!!
I've seen a ton of the 380's and 550's with Ram Air but never a 250.

I think a running example will be a rare beast indeed.

Old 10-26-2012, 04:59 PM   #20
Gham
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Good luck finding a Hustler,I've never seen one in person!!!
I've seen a ton of the 380's and 550's with Ram Air but never a 250.

I think a running example will be a rare beast indeed.

I don't even get the words out of my mouth and.......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUZUK...item2ec2e422ba

Old 10-27-2012, 08:36 AM   #21
vtwin
Air cooled runnin' mon

Oddometer: 6,772
Quote:
I don't even get the words out of my mouth and.......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUZUK...item2ec2e422ba

It's close enough for me to ride home, just about. $500 isn't a bad price for a runner with clean title. Arggggg! Must not buy!!!

"You only have too much fuel if you're on fire"
unknown
vtwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:18 AM   #22
Gham
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtwin View Post
It's close enough for me to ride home, just about. $500 isn't a bad price for a runner with clean title. Arggggg! Must not buy!!!
EEEHHHH,whats $500,go grab it

If your under the age of 35 it's perfectly acceptable to impulse buy dumb shit,if your over 35 hide it in a friends garage for a couple weeks and tell your wife/girlfriend you loaned him some money and are holding the bike as collateral(the money never gets paid back).Make sure it;s a friend your wife already kinda doesn't like!!!!

Old 11-01-2012, 11:27 AM   #23
TheRadBaron
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 403
With all the talk of TS125 Dusters above, I figure I'll chime in. Here's the '72 TS125 that I just got running and riding. I've had it for a few years and I've been working on it bit by bit when not working on other projects. It appears to be pretty low mileage and has been well maintained. Unfortunately it's been stripped of most of its road gear. Other than the missing parts, everything is in great condition. I got it for next to nothing because one of the engine cases was cracked. The boss that the oil injection pump mounts to had a crack around its perimeter. I can't figure out what would have caused that, but I bought a set of used cases and rebuilt the motor into them. I've spent most of the day today riding it around out in the country and while it's not the fastest 2-stroke I've ever ridden, it's probably the best running. This thing just runs great, and it's a blast to ride.
When I saw this bike for sale I almost didn't buy it because I have a few other 100 and 125cc enduros, but I liked the shape of the exhaust on the TS so much I bought it anyway. After having ridden it, I'm very glad that I did. The black pipe with the chrome shield is striking, and I love the shape of it. It reminds me of early '70s Japanese big-bore motocrossers. The bike didn't come with a kicker, so I dug through my bin until I found one with the same splines. I think it might be from a CB750, and it's much bigger than needed.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:10 PM   #24
Gham
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRadBaron View Post
With all the talk of TS125 Dusters above, I figure I'll chime in. Here's the '72 TS125 that I just got running and riding. I've had it for a few years and I've been working on it bit by bit when not working on other projects. It appears to be pretty low mileage and has been well maintained. Unfortunately it's been stripped of most of its road gear. Other than the missing parts, everything is in great condition. I got it for next to nothing because one of the engine cases was cracked. The boss that the oil injection pump mounts to had a crack around its perimeter. I can't figure out what would have caused that, but I bought a set of used cases and rebuilt the motor into them. I've spent most of the day today riding it around out in the country and while it's not the fastest 2-stroke I've ever ridden, it's probably the best running. This thing just runs great, and it's a blast to ride.
When I saw this bike for sale I almost didn't buy it because I have a few other 100 and 125cc enduros, but I liked the shape of the exhaust on the TS so much I bought it anyway. After having ridden it, I'm very glad that I did. The black pipe with the chrome shield is striking, and I love the shape of it. It reminds me of early '70s Japanese big-bore motocrossers. The bike didn't come with a kicker, so I dug through my bin until I found one with the same splines. I think it might be from a CB750, and it's much bigger than needed.
Very nice! Glad to see your making progress bringing it back to life.

Old 11-01-2012, 05:26 PM   #25
judobiker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 468
I found a couple more TS pics. What a great all around play bike

"How narrow and difficult the road that leads to life, and few find it" (Matt 7:14)

'05 Bandit 1200, '01 DRZ400, '95DR125, '01 KDX200
judobiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:55 PM   #26
vtwin
Air cooled runnin' mon

Quote:
EEEHHHH,whats $500,go grab it

If your under the age of 35 it's perfectly acceptable to impulse buy dumb shit,if your over 35 hide it in a friends garage for a couple weeks and tell your wife/girlfriend you loaned him some money and are holding the bike as collateral(the money never gets paid back).Make sure it;s a friend your wife already kinda doesn't like!!!!

That's a good one! I'll use it next time.

I've got to concentrate on this one first.

unknown
Old 11-06-2012, 02:36 PM   #27
Gham
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtwin View Post
That's a good one! I'll use it next time.

I've got to concentrate on this one first.

First love or did someone give it to you? That is one homely girl

P.S.Hope you can take a joke

Old 11-06-2012, 07:58 PM   #28
vtwin
Air cooled runnin' mon

Quote:
First love or did someone give it to you? That is one homely girl

P.S.Hope you can take a joke
Yea, pretty beat, but got it from the original owner. She got it new and rode it around 9K. Last ten years, it was left out uncovered. I hope to clean it up, a lot!

unknown
Old 11-06-2012, 08:05 PM   #29
PFFOG
Richard Alps-aholic

Oddometer: 1,755
Like a 11K redline on that thing, if I remember correctly.. Sky high for its day

Richard
PFFOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:09 AM   #30
vtwin
Air cooled runnin' mon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFFOG View Post
Like a 11K redline on that thing, if I remember correctly.. Sky high for its day

Sorry, I should have specified 9,000 miles.

unknown