Troll-a-riffic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome
Ned1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:27 PM   #182
Off the grid
Chaotic Good

Oddometer: 9,503
Quote:

I like to share that but you know, not the right model for some of the punk chest-beaters. I have looked to see that the same punks are spreading similar crap elsewhere, and sharing troubling personal info at times in their posts here. They can only get away with this behind their keyboard, pond scum punks.

So, yea, I am not like most folks, and some of these punks would not like it at all in person...

There are many great folks posting here, I, and we all appreciate that.

I see others talk about riding their small Yamahas, TW200, etc, with equal enthusiasm.Cool. Got nothing against any other motorcycle, have ridden street, big dirt bikes as well. Great to hear from others about their motorcycle passion. Motorcycle riding is great!
Do you think you are the first n00b to discover ADV, come to thumpers and proclaim that your particular ride is the greatest thing since sliced bread and everyone else is a "pond scum punk"?

You joined up here in May of this year. You have 250 posts. No one knows you, your opinion is meaningless. Post your experiences, yes. Share your feelings, fine. But your approach is really, really off-putting.

Lurk more, post less. Bit of advice.

FYI...I curse a lot because I was a New Yorker for 41 years and I like it. A good curse word can accentuate a point really well. Additionally, I have a Masters Degree and moonlight as a College Professor when I get bored. So if you think you know people based on what they write, you are as wrong as you are with your "assessment" of Japanese vs Euro bikes, Sherlock.
Help my buddy mike fight kidney Cancer. Anything helps!
Off the grid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:34 PM   #183
ADVNCW
Banned

Oddometer: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufjeep View Post
I've owned the XRR and RFS as well. So far, my experience has also been that the RFS is at least as reliable as the Honda. The Honda never gave me any issues, and neither has the KTM so far (and it has seen more abuse than the Honda). That being said (and back to the original question), I would love to see Honda offer a modern, street legal, incarnation of the XR400.
Good to hear. Seems to be a lot posted about probems with KTMs. Couple guys I know have their issues. The specs and performance for KTMs is great, if reliable would be very nice. Thanks.
ADVNCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:41 PM   #184
Off the grid
Chaotic Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVNCW View Post
Good to hear. Seems to be a lot posted about probems with KTMs. Couple guys I know have their issues. The specs and performance for KTMs is great, if reliable would be very nice. Thanks.
Troll boy just sent me a profanity-filled PM laced with misspellings about how I am a pussy coward, Insecure () and the queen of all punks.

I think he's either 15 years old or has a serious mental disorder.

Classic.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:54 AM   #185
NJ-Brett
Brett

Oddometer: 6,088
What does it weigh?
I found the TW200 to be different, with its heavy front wheel and tire, plus the 18 inch wheel size, the front end liked to stay planted and you had to deal with things with the wheel on the ground.
The limited power meant you were not lofting the front wheel over anything.
Great in sand and mud, very easy to ride through some nasty stuff.
Your bike has the power to loft the front wheel, and some real suspension and must be a hoot.
But does the weight feel excessive?

That bike looks cool, and looks like a lot of run in the dirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubiak View Post

i couldnt find the perfect honda dualsport so i made something that would work for me. i started with a 02 bmw f650gs, added yz426 frontend, made a 18 inch front wheel to run super cheap dualsport tires, modified a rear tw200 180 rear rim and tire to fit.now i have the perfect for me dualsport. cruises 80mph on the freeway all day long, super stable on and offroad, gets 65 miles per gallon, 4.5 gallon fuel tank, 50 hp bullet proof rotax motor and factory recomended 6,000 miles between oil changes.
NJ-Brett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:56 AM   #186
kubiak
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVNCW View Post
That is amazng! Thanks for posting that!
thanks ADVNCW !
kubiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:09 AM   #187
kubiak
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ-Brett View Post
What does it weigh?
I found the TW200 to be different, with its heavy front wheel and tire, plus the 18 inch wheel size, the front end liked to stay planted and you had to deal with things with the wheel on the ground.
The limited power meant you were not lofting the front wheel over anything.
Great in sand and mud, very easy to ride through some nasty stuff.
Your bike has the power to loft the front wheel, and some real suspension and must be a hoot.
But does the weight feel excessive?

That bike looks cool, and looks like a lot of run in the dirt.
hi, i got the weight down about 40 lbs from stock by modifying and stripping parts. i weighed the bike ready to ride with a little fuel in the tank at 370lbs which is not light but a lot better than stock.yes the thing is a hoot to ride for sure. its like being a kid again with the cushy suspension and tires. i wasnt sure how it would ride on the road but knew for sure it would be a blast offroad. i was suprised when riding on the road especially in the twisty roads how the thing has so much contact patch it rails around corners like my old supermoto and ruts and grooves on the freeways have no effect on the bike, it goes straight and super stable. i have a full write up on the forums in the thumper section under kubiaks tw650 build up.
kubiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:46 AM   #188
Sporting Wood
I <3 Energizer Bunny

Oddometer: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off the grid View Post
This is my good buddy Hal just a few days ago riding his purchased from new 02 520 EXC with 18k miles on it. Original Engine, top end, valves, etc. You can see he is not easy on his bike. The other bike is a GasGas 2-stroke

Skill aside, does Honda even make a bike that could ride these trails, at these speeds...safely? Does it have a bike that makes the power that can do roll-on wheelies in 3rd and 4th gear to get through puddles and over obstacles? Has it EVER made a bike with the brakes, suspension and HP to ride like this?

This is why everyone I know started on Japanese bikes, and now ride Euro...
Tower City, Pa

Dood, that's a beautiful trail but I gotta say... you call that fast?

And to answer your question, yes, yes, yes and yes, Honda makes plenty of bikes that could ride that and as quickly...likely much faster imho. Anything that starts with CRF, hell even the little ones.
Sporting Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:53 AM   #189
Grreatdog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporting Wood View Post

And to answer your question, yes, yes, yes and yes, Honda makes plenty of bikes that could ride that and as quickly...likely much faster imho. Anything that starts with CRF, hell even the little ones.
There is one major problem with any bike Honda makes that could ride a rocky trail like that fast with beating you to pulp or spitting you off: none of them have a license plate.

Meanwhile KTM has the 350, 500 and 690; Husky has the 310, 449 and 511; and Beta has the 400, 450 and 520 all of which you can put a license plate on from the factory.

As for faster, do you follow GNCC? KTM usually takes about five or more of the top ten spots in every race. Honda earned one podium (bottom step) in one race and only a few top ten spots.

To be perfectly frank, KTM flat out owns offroad racing in this country and around the world. Not to mention adding the US SX and almost the MX championship to that.

Hopefully the motocross hammering was finally a wakeup call for the Japanese. I would love to see them get back in the offroad game and maybe even add license plates to mix.

Think about it. The CRF450X is very dated; the WR450F as delivered is a bad joke; and Suzuki and Kawasaki don't even sell an enduro anymore. Enduro, plated or not, is a European game these days.

Grreatdog screwed with this post 10-25-2012 at 09:09 AM
Grreatdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:29 AM   #190
ADVNCW
Banned

Oddometer: 341
What dual sport should Honda build next

Back to the topic: What dual sport should Honda build next.

Will it be a dualsport enduro or a dual sport bike for adventure travel?

Honda reliability, low maintenance, superior engineering produces motorcycles often ridden regularly for decades.

That great power curve of the Honda dualsport in a decent frame and suspension, at 270lbs for a 300cc to 500cc motorcycle would be the stuff!

SO is the CRF230L to be THE dualsport? CRF230L and CRFX to be the Hondas < 300lbs? (CRF230L remains on the US Honda website)
There is another thread http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/Ne...ussThisSection
showing this motorcycle, CBX 500?-

Apparently this motorcycle s faster and has better suspension than the new KTM 1190 (bwahaaa)

ADVNCW screwed with this post 10-25-2012 at 03:25 PM
ADVNCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:39 PM   #191
Off the grid
Chaotic Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporting Wood View Post

If you know GoPro, then you know that everything shot through it looks a bit muted, slower, less technical, less difficult than it is in RL.

I've ridden with Hal for years. (the guy who shot the video) He regularly places top 3 in the Over 40 class A Hare Scramble series in the Northeast. I'd say he's pretty fkn fast.

FYI

Troll ADVNC (whatever his name is) has sent me 2 full-page hate PMs in the last 2 days telling me what a disgusting human being I am, how much of a disgrace to society I must be, how much of a pond scum punk I am, what my boss must think of me, etc etc.

Just the most vile, hateful shit you can possibly imagine. I sent him a PM after the first telling him the let it go, life is too short, it's just a machine, an inanimate object, etc. The second Tell he sent me was to say he didn't read it and more hatred. Just really twisted, evil stuff that took a lot of effort and time to write.

Now I'd love to get him banned, but there were no threats (yet) and nothing about my family(yet). Unfortunately, he is the first person I've chosen to put on ignore....ever.

What makes it even scarier is how Mr. Rodgers nice he is here to fellow Honda riders. The dichotomy between his dialogue here and the tells he sent me is.....disturbing, to say the least. I wish I could post them.

Just FYI
Old 10-25-2012, 06:19 PM   #192
NJ-Brett
Brett

Oddometer: 6,088
That is as fast as I would go on that trail on any bike unless a large amount of money was involved...
NJ-Brett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:57 PM   #193
Night Falcon
Adventure NZL

Oddometer: 1,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off the grid View Post
If you know GoPro, then you know that everything shot through it looks a bit muted, slower, less technical, less difficult than it is in RL.

I've ridden with Hal for years. (the guy who shot the video) He regularly places top 3 in the Over 40 class A Hare Scramble series in the Northeast. I'd say he's pretty fkn fast.

FYI
Troll ADVNC (whatever his name is) has sent me 2 full-page hate PMs in the last 2 days telling me what a disgusting human being I am, how much of a disgrace to society I must be, how much of a pond scum punk I am, what my boss must think of me, etc etc.

Just the most vile, hateful shit you can possibly imagine. I sent him a PM after the first telling him the let it go, life is too short, it's just a machine, an inanimate object, etc. The second Tell he sent me was to say he didn't read it and more hatred. Just really twisted, evil stuff that took a lot of effort and time to write.

Now I'd love to get him banned, but there were no threats (yet) and nothing about my family(yet). Unfortunately, he is the first person I've chosen to put on ignore....ever.

What makes it even scarier is how Mr. Rodgers nice he is here to fellow Honda riders. The dichotomy between his dialogue here and the tells he sent me is.....disturbing, to say the least. I wish I could post them.

Just FYI
lesson 1 Don't feed the trolls it only makes them meaner

lesson 2 The ignor feature is there for a reason

lessons over...back to your reqular program
Night Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:05 PM   #194
Onederer
Crunch Nugget

Oddometer: 689
If waiting for Honda to build some miracle bike is really on someones list, they should burn the list with baby fur seal oil, then rub it into their eyes with ground-up stem cells and cry me a melting glacial river.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:58 PM   #195
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,187
modern kawasaki EX500 there. nice.
could be a new motor for weber rally twins
or a modern take on the kawi kle500
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kawasaki_KLE500
that would be rocking!

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Cycle World Adventure Rally:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=956350