Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2013, 10:01 PM   #361
Sierra Thumper
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
Does anyone think or know if Honda Reps look at stuff like this in these forums to determine whats made etc?
I know that hayabusa.org was read alot by suzuki when designing the 08 2nd gen busa.......in fact at one of the pre-08 org get-togethers, suzuki of america was there and did a group survey of what the owners would like to see in the next gen busa. Kawasaki also reads the bigger forums.....I'm sure yamaha and honda are no different.
Nowadays the best way to find out how folks feel about your product is to read about it on the net
Old 02-06-2013, 06:14 AM   #362
elsalvadorklr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,076
good one boonie! and welcome to the xr gang once again...

I second your feelings and thoughts about $$$ its not always about whats new and bold and next generation...the same fun can be had on a 25 year old bike and a month old bike...its what the rider perceives as fun what counts...

lastly the only thing honda has dropped the ball on is building the crf650x, having said that you can make one yourself...or simply mod or make one out of a crf, xr etc..

not new but close enough

I mean a guy built a crf650x on here and sold it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for less than 4k! after investing a crap load of money...you think honda would let one go for that? jajajajaja

save your $$ peeps...

buy the old gal some dinner with what you save when getting an oldie but goodie xr! or similar, jajajaja
elsalvadorklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:23 AM   #363
Sierra Thumper
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsalvadorklr View Post
good one boonie! and welcome to the xr gang once again...

I second your feelings and thoughts about $$$ its not always about whats new and bold and next generation...the same fun can be had on a 25 year old bike and a month old bike...its what the rider perceives as fun what counts...

lastly the only thing honda has dropped the ball on is building the crf650x, having said that you can make one yourself...or simply mod or make one out of a crf, xr etc..

not new but close enough

I mean a guy built a crf650x on here and sold it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for less than 4k! after investing a crap load of money...you think honda would let one go for that? jajajajaja

save your $$ peeps...

buy the old gal some dinner with what you save when getting an oldie but goodie xr! or similar, jajajaja
Old 09-28-2014, 09:01 PM   #364
welder
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,519
the crf 250l would be great, just 30 lbs lighter and 10 more hp. Or just build a crf400l.
Old 09-28-2014, 09:37 PM   #365
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Oddometer: 5,050
Well since we are just wishing, mine would be a direct injection two stroke with 50+HP and under 250 lbs, six speed trans, 300 mile fuel range, led lighting, long travel suspension, bash plate, have rear rack and it would be 50 state street legal...come on Honda, get your shit together.
Old 09-28-2014, 09:58 PM   #366
HighwayChile
greetings from Wa state

Oddometer: 4,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
Does anyone think or know if Honda Reps look at stuff like this in these forums to determine whats made etc?
they don't give a shit about anyone here, they are corporate stooges that believe they know whats best. I've met some ( douche bags )
Old 09-29-2014, 01:15 PM   #367
Soldier311
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by welder View Post
Or just build a crf400l.
I'd hump that mofo right on the showroom floor!
Old 09-29-2014, 01:19 PM   #368
alvincullumyork
I wish I was cool

Oddometer: 1,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
Well since we are just wishing, mine would be a direct injection two stroke with 50+HP and under 250 lbs, six speed trans, 300 mile fuel range, led lighting, long travel suspension, bash plate, have rear rack and it would be 50 state street legal...come on Honda, get your shit together.
I know your post is sarcastic but Honda is actively trying to kill all two strokes. That coupled with the fact that they make the most uninspiring bikes out of any manufacturer is why I really hate Honda, even though I own one. Go figure....

The bike you speak of is buildable (dry weight) but would probably cost 15k or so... hahahaha. I'd probably sell a kidney and do murder for hire to get it though.
alvincullumyork is offline   Reply With Quote