Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2015, 01:55 PM   #1
Kuis OP
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Wicked A 2001 DRZ400E street legal in Oregon...

I'd like to start by saying that I've read a ton of useful info on This website and give my overwhelming gratitude to all of you motorcycle folks that are so free flowing with help. I am looking for a dual sport bike because I'm tired of looking away from forest roads everytime I'm on my 1982 750 Virago.
I've had experience on trail bikes and I want more dirt than slab. With that said I'm going to get a DRZ400. I like the older E for obvious reasons except for the fact that it's missing a sub-frame. Can I put an S on an E (the sub-frame)?
Also there is a listing on Craigslist that has almost every upgrade that I would do, but it says that it's a 2001 street legal E. He says it has expired Washington plate and tags...Suspicion alert! I live in Oregon and have read on here how it's nearly impossible to just have the bike switched over to Oregon plates because of EPA concerns. I sent an Email to him letting him know about it and this is what I got back.

"I've plated a WR-450 and another 400E and a 400 kick-only in the last couple years, neither of which had been plated at all in the past. Furthermore, Oregon will plate even "off-road only" bikes if they've been plated in another state."

I smell BS and was just wondering if anyone could give me their opinion on the situation?
Kuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 01:59 PM   #2
Starchamp
Rebel Scum

Oddometer: 1,198
Yes to the S/SM subframe on an E.
Starchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 02:07 PM   #3
Luke
GPoET&P

Oddometer: 4,241
No* on transferring a WA plate to OR. Ever since WA started plating dirt bikes again all the transfers from WA get extra attention.

*Well, probably not. if you already own the bike it's worth trying, but not worth the risk of buying a bike and getting denied.
Luke is online now   Reply With Quote