User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2012, 03:34 AM   #1
fullmetalscooter OP
Let me take this duck off

Oddometer: 2,410
anyone test road or own/ motorcycle Honda Integra 700 cc scooter

HONDA INTEGRA anyone taken a ride yet? 7000 grand but seem to be worth it. 5 years down the road with gas going through the roof it should pay for it;s self Mind you 2 years from now your could pick up a used one for 5 grand but whom wants to wait?

fullmetalscooter screwed with this post 10-15-2012 at 03:40 AM
fullmetalscooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:10 AM   #2
KennyT
Adventurer

Oddometer: 75
Wow!

A 700 CC scooter? I would like to drive that bad boy! Probably quite a bit more power than my 125 cc Agility...
Old 10-15-2012, 11:24 AM   #3
Mrnoital
Banned

Oddometer: 8
The Integra is not coming to North America.. at least not in 2012/ 2013.

I did read a review from someone who rode one for a few hundred miles and had some negative things to say about it. He was not impressed. He then updated his review after riding some more and changed his opinion.. almost a complete 180. He loved the machine the next time he rode it.

Goes to show you. That's why I take all reviews on all bikes with a grain of salt. Someone here gave a glowing review of the new 700X.... Another person hated it when compared to his Vstrom.
Mrnoital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:23 PM   #4
cbolling
Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer: 2,684
Lots of info in this thread

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=796920

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=661436
cbolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:45 PM   #5
fullmetalscooter OP

I thougth they were coming soon since north american motorcycle mags have got long term loners and done write ups on them. Just seem like they are going to be what we are going to have to ride.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:48 AM   #6
Barnone
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrnoital View Post
The Integra is not coming to North America.. at least not in 2012/ 2013.

I did read a review from someone who rode one for a few hundred miles and had some negative things to say about it. He was not impressed. He then updated his review after riding some more and changed his opinion.. almost a complete 180. He loved the machine the next time he rode it.

Goes to show you. That's why I take all reviews on all bikes with a grain of salt. Someone here gave a glowing review of the new 700X.... Another person hated it when compared to his Vstrom.
Yep, A large grain of salt.
Another road test at http://scootercommunity.com.au/forum...px?PageIndex=6
2012 Dong Fang DF250RTB
Barnone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:11 PM   #7
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,406
It actually looks more motorcycle than scooter. To me a scooter must have a flat floorboard. Honda will probably not bring it here, because it would not sell at the ridiculous price they want for it. It would be a total flop, just like the DN-01. Honda is not a high dollar exotic brand, but they don't seem to realize that from their U.S. pricing. Look at the NV700. $11,119.00 for a 700cc motorcycle. Ducati, BMW, or Harley might get away with that, but not Honda. They're way out of their league with prices like that for a "generic" motorcycle, which Asian bikes have always been. Honda does have quality, but so does Kymco, and their prices are a lot more sensible. As for the bike itself, I haven't read anything about it, since it is not coming here. It might very well be a fine bike, but out of my price range.
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:24 PM   #8
fullmetalscooter OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryH View Post
It actually looks more motorcycle than scooter. To me a scooter must have a flat floorboard. Honda will probably not bring it here, because it would not sell at the ridiculous price they want for it. It would be a total flop, just like the DN-01. Honda is not a high dollar exotic brand, but they don't seem to realize that from their U.S. pricing. Look at the NV700. $11,119.00 for a 700cc motorcycle. Ducati, BMW, or Harley might get away with that, but not Honda. They're way out of their league with prices like that for a "generic" motorcycle, which Asian bikes have always been. Honda does have quality, but so does Kymco, and their prices are a lot more sensible. As for the bike itself, I haven't read anything about it, since it is not coming here. It might very well be a fine bike, but out of my price range.
Don't know were you got 11.119 price for but at least 4 usa motorcycle mags are saying 7 grand base and 9 grand with all the extras etc. 7 grand the price people are paying for 650 etc scooters . The dn 01 is not even in the same leage i feel as this new bike / scooter. It is coming here that what every motorcycle mag is saying. No other reason for honda to give out long term loaner bikes.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:49 AM   #9
ScootTour
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,491
intresting how its not coming to the US kind of like the 850cc Aprillia scooter isnt either.

US is so behind...
ScootTour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:52 AM   #10
ScootTour
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
although technically what makes a scooter is the engine location for many of us its 'if I dont shift its a scooter'. So with that I have to ask, is an automatic car more than a manual car? yes. why? why is that despite the extra cost most cars are automatics? hmmm

also, the Honada Silverwing which is 600cc scooter costs 9k and really a hot seller. its not a bad price at all for an automatic motorcycle.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:10 PM   #11
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,406
It was the Honda NT700V motorcycle that I was referring to that cost $11,119.00 ( http://powersports.honda.com/2011/nt700v.aspx ) That's over $11K for a 700cc motorcycle. It has since been dropped from Honda's lineup because it was a very poor seller, even at significant discounts.

I have no idea what the new Integra 700 would cost in the U.S., but probably more than a Silverwing. While the Silverwing is definitely aimed at the touring crowd, and despite it's small engine, is a huge scooter, the Integra looks more like a sportbike.

As for the definition of a scooter, that will always be debatable. I have 3 smaller scooters, with flat floorboards, which makes them much easier to get on and off of than a motorcycle for me. I have some medical issues that can make it difficult to get my leg over a motorcycle seat. I can no longer ride a KLR, and even have problems with my little XT225. But I see no reason why a scooter has to be automatic. That is a fairly recent thing. The first scooters were not automatic. My Genuine Stella has a flat floorboard, but it is a 4 speed manual with a clutch. It is definitely a scooter, the kind of scooter that came before CVT transmissions were invented.

I would love to have a small step through scooter, like my Zuma 125 or Vino 125, with a manual transmission. That would give them a super low first gear, and make them capable of climbing wile keeping the engine spinning in the powerband. Current small CVT scooters lack a low enough gear to climb steep grades without seriously lugging the engine.

Honda has come down some on price on a few bikes, like the CRF250L and the CBR250. But they have done so by having them made outside of Japan. Japan seems to have the same issue as the U.S. as far as building expensive things. Labor rates are simply to high to make something and sell it at a profit, for a price that most people can afford. There is a reason why Chinese scooters are so cheap. Cheap labor, cheap materials, and extremely poor quality.

But to get ridiculous prices out of things like motorcycles and scooters, you have to have more than quality. You have to have desirability, and that is where Asian bikes fall behind. Japanese bikes are of higher quality than Harley, BMW, Triumph, Ducati, Aprilia, Vespa, Moto Guzzi, and a few others. But people are willing to pay more for those bikes because they are desirable from an emotional perspective, while Asian bikes are not. Way back in the '50s, Asian bikes developed a reputation as "copies" and they have never been able to shake that reputation. That's why I keep my Stella washed and waxed, don't ride it on dirt roads, or in the rain, etc, while I care a lot less about the Vino and Zuma. The Stella may require a few rebuilds, but it will last forever, The Yamahas are throwaways. Wear them out and scrap them.

I know many will disagree with all of this. It is not meant to start an argument. Just stating MY opinion.
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:26 AM   #12
John Bentall
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 210
The NTV700 is the only small shaft-drive tourer. It's a great bike, doing 90% of what a BMW R1200RT will do, for a lot less money. It didn't sell in the USA - fine, no problem. It sells great in Europe.

Honda is global organisation and sets up factories to service local markets, thus avoiding ship costs and ocean transport delays. Italy buys a lot of scooters, so my Honda SH300i is designed and made in Italy - not a problem for me.
John Bentall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:41 PM   #13
fullmetalscooter OP

I honest don't know how long it's going to take for china to get to japan quility but they make 65 milllion scooters a year. Once Bristish bike were in the same place quility but Japan came out with cheaper bikes that worked . At some point that started making better stuff that out shone British bikes makers. 5 to 10 years from now I wouldn't be shock to see china bikes be thought of as Good solid trasport. Japan after ww2 was thought of procuding cheap crap too. China scooter don't compaire right now but they could if they keep going forward better and better stuff Whom knows if it's going to happen? You can't find a cheap 2500 new Japan bike or scooter above 50cc for that price range. Even at 2500 or so how much money can a Japan company be making on one? I guessing the cash in in the loans they make on bikes . I would love one of these when new but am willing to wait to they drop down to 4 grand so used.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:05 AM   #14
aidanpryde18
Adventurer

Oddometer: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetalscooter View Post
I honest don't know how long it's going to take for china to get to japan quility but they make 65 milllion scooters a year. Once Bristish bike were in the same place quility but Japan came out with cheaper bikes that worked . At some point that started making better stuff that out shone British bikes makers. 5 to 10 years from now I wouldn't be shock to see china bikes be thought of as Good solid trasport. Japan after ww2 was thought of procuding cheap crap too. China scooter don't compaire right now but they could if they keep going forward better and better stuff Whom knows if it's going to happen? You can't find a cheap 2500 new Japan bike or scooter above 50cc for that price range. Even at 2500 or so how much money can a Japan company be making on one? I guessing the cash in in the loans they make on bikes . I would love one of these when new but am willing to wait to they drop down to 4 grand so used.
It seems to me that Taiwan has been in that position for the last 5-10 years. Unfortunately, even Kymco and SYM have now risen to the level that their designs command Japanese-level prices, but there are still some quality bikes for a good deal.
aidanpryde18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:30 AM   #15
ScootTour
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
As for the definition of a scooter...
I have reciently been educated that the difference between scooter and motorcycle is not the CVT (which is what I always thought) but rather the placement of the engine.