ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > The perfect line and other riding myths
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-23-2012, 03:28 PM   #211
Foot dragger
singletracker
 
Foot dragger's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: chico,just below rag dump(nor-cal)
Oddometer: 12,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coma View Post
I won't use the bandwidth to quote the others as I agree.

This point I want to add to. Problem is women as latter-day feminists don't want equality. Else they would demand to be included in the draft registration. They have maneuvered the system to grant them special rights, minority rights men don 't have. They are quite willing to send fathers/brothers/sons to die for their "rights". The end result is that now they have rights without responsibility. Hence they can vote for any willy nilly thought that passes their way as they know a man will enforce it for them. This why socialism, as more government, is so appealing to them.
There is no draft currently,but what you say makes sense,women are demanding special rights for women. Men have dominated many parts of society for a long,long time. Men get higher pay for doing the same thing,most religions are designed and built by men, and women are the lesser breed in most all of them. Women want equality in many things, our wars of oil collection and destabilization are mostly fought by young men who cant find a decent job,some women are going these days as well though. Women and Men are two vastly different creatures,its amazing the 2 can get along as well as they do.
__________________
Some bikes around at times
Foot dragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:31 PM   #212
Foot dragger
singletracker
 
Foot dragger's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: chico,just below rag dump(nor-cal)
Oddometer: 12,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracus124 View Post
I told my wife she can have the car, if I can get me a Honda. Big argument. Came home with the Honda a week later, even bigger argument. and when I brought it in the kitchen to tear the suspension down, I thought a vein was gonna burst in her forehead. "We have a baby on the way and you get a motorcycle?! You selfish fuck, you're gonna kill yourself" Chill out mama!! I ride in the dirt.

I want a garage
She'll calm down,doing the suspension in the kitchen may be pushing on a few hot spots though. Ive got a 68 Greeves 360 in the ft room,most women think its cute.
__________________
Some bikes around at times
Foot dragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:32 PM   #213
prettydirty4u
Let's Get DIRTY!!
 
prettydirty4u's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: One of the wettest places there is,from the desert
Oddometer: 30
Wink That's a good wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post
That's what the emasculated always say when confronted about their emasculation!



Jim

PS My wife insists I ride! I suspect it is so she can shop without my interference!
You only have one life to enjoy, ride hard and live your life to the fullest (responsibly of course)
prettydirty4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:45 PM   #214
SilkMoneyLove
Beastly Adventurer
 
SilkMoneyLove's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Minneapolis
Oddometer: 1,930
I've been dealing with the equality thing for years. My wife minored in Gender Studies. Guess which gender they studied?
Anyhow, after many years, she now makes more than me. I keep asking her where she is taking the family on vacation. I also ask her where she is taking us out to dinner?
I used to foot the bill on occasion when I made more than her. Of corse, any big expenses I had to cover because she was always broke. Now it is my turn to sit back and let her enjoy the responsibility of being a bread winner. Our carpets are trashed from her pets, so I am looking forward to new carpets.
So, as far as I am concerned, feminism is great. It is all in how you play it gentlemen. :-)
SilkMoneyLove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:09 PM   #215
Coma
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Coma's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: The North Coast
Oddometer: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracus124 View Post
I want a garage
By definition the perfect house is 800 sq ft, with a 6000 sq ft shop.

Coma screwed with this post 10-23-2012 at 04:09 PM Reason: doh!
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:52 PM   #216
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!
 
JimVonBaden's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Alexandria, VA
Oddometer: 50,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSF1200S View Post
In light of some heated things being thrown around in this thread, I have to wonder whether this is an insult.

If that is so, what makes me not sound like a dude? I hold masculinity in a much higher regard it seems than many emasculated men of today, and I don't think my language sounds effeminate (klay, help me out with spelling here, haha), so I guess I don't understand?
No, not an insult at all. I honestly thought, based on what you were writing, that you were female.

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:57 PM   #217
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!
 
JimVonBaden's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Alexandria, VA
Oddometer: 50,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coma View Post
I won't use the bandwidth to quote the others as I agree.

This point I want to add to. Problem is women as latter-day feminists don't want equality. Else they would demand to be included in the draft registration. They have maneuvered the system to grant them special rights, minority rights men don 't have. They are quite willing to send fathers/brothers/sons to die for their "rights". The end result is that now they have rights without responsibility. Hence they can vote for any willy nilly thought that passes their way as they know a man will enforce it for them. This why socialism, as more government, is so appealing to them.
While I agree with what you say in general, I don't think this is a good example. MOST men are still uncomfortable with women in combat. However, MOST men would be fine with otherwise equal rights such as equal pay for equal work, women asking men out half the time, and paying, women opening their own doors, etc.

Personally, I am OK either way. My wife works hard and get's paid a fair wage. However, she is feminine and like's me to take charge and open doors, pick restaraunts and open stuck jar lids. I am just fine with that too. I respect her choices, and she respects mine.

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:01 PM   #218
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!
 
JimVonBaden's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Alexandria, VA
Oddometer: 50,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkMoneyLove View Post
I've been dealing with the equality thing for years. My wife minored in Gender Studies. Guess which gender they studied?
Anyhow, after many years, she now makes more than me. I keep asking her where she is taking the family on vacation. I also ask her where she is taking us out to dinner?
I used to foot the bill on occasion when I made more than her. Of corse, any big expenses I had to cover because she was always broke. Now it is my turn to sit back and let her enjoy the responsibility of being a bread winner. Our carpets are trashed from her pets, so I am looking forward to new carpets.
So, as far as I am concerned, feminism is great. It is all in how you play it gentlemen. :-)
The sad reality of this situation is that when SOME women finally reach, or excede, equality, their old life is no longer good enough, including their old husband.

Of course, it has worked the other way as well. (Which is why I suspect SOME women feel justified in doing the same.)

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:22 PM   #219
SilkMoneyLove
Beastly Adventurer
 
SilkMoneyLove's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Minneapolis
Oddometer: 1,930
I don't worry about my wife leaving me. She knows where the door is. I am not keeping her here if she wakes up one day and decides I am not good enough for her.
SilkMoneyLove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:05 PM   #220
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!
 
JimVonBaden's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Alexandria, VA
Oddometer: 50,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkMoneyLove View Post
I don't worry about my wife leaving me. She knows where the door is. I am not keeping her here if she wakes up one day and decides I am not good enough for her.
Sorry, I was not trying to intimate that you were worried!

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:13 PM   #221
SilkMoneyLove
Beastly Adventurer
 
SilkMoneyLove's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Minneapolis
Oddometer: 1,930
No worries. My point was more that we should only worry about things in our control. I certainly don't control my wife, or else I would get road head again like when we were dating :-)
SilkMoneyLove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:31 PM   #222
DavidBanner
Banned
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Planet earf.
Oddometer: 1,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSF1200S View Post
I do agree that force is necessary to combat the force of tyrannical power. Further, if someone hits me, im hitting them back because I believe it is necessary to not submit to force, even if that belief requires me to use force. Obviously in a perfect world, "force" wouldnt be necessary, but we dont live in a perfect world; so, while I dont like force, it is unfortunately necessary at times to retain respect (standing up for one's self when subjected to force) or to safeguard one's liberty as you say. And since I LOATH those who prey upon the weak, I definitely follow you there. So yeah, we basically agree.

I also agree with you about veiled misandry. The ironic thing here is, man-hating began, again in my opinion, with extreme elements of the second wave of feminism, yet the feminists themselves promoted masculine ideals among women; this brand of feminism is nothing more than encouraging women to become men in terms of societal function rather than promoting the value and importance of femininity itself. Now, it is fine for women to appreciate masculinity and take on some of those attributes just as it is fine for a man to appreciate and take on some feminine attributes (a loving father for example). It is good that second-wave feminism promoted a woman to have equal opportunity in terms of employment and experience in life, but to dismiss the virtues of femininity destroys the woman completely.

One other thing to consider is how second-wave feminism created a competition between men and women, one in which most men do not like to participate in. Men are very competitive, but it is not there instinct to compete with a woman- it is their instinct to protect and give to a woman. So, when a woman attempts to power-grab with one of her tests, most men dont really see a need to fight it or compete with her in that way. They give way hoping to please her, and she becomes infuriated because he is failing to demonstrate the type of power and fortitude she desires. She begins to doubt his masculinity (subconsciously) and tests again- he submits not wanting to compete, and she becomes even more displeased. Rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat until finally shes fucking someone else. Its like a dog trying to understand a cat with a dog's perspective; the dog can only think in terms of dog, but that is not how a cat thinks. A man must be aware of this disconnect- he must be aware that submitting to please a woman will only further infuriate her when she is being irrational. It is important to note that simply ignoring what she says is ignorant and demonstrates a weak mind; she may very well know more about many things than you do, and surely you will have days of being the one who is wrong. Your ability to submit to reason is something she can respect, while your ability to dismiss irrationality is also something for her to respect. The trick is finding that line between reason and irrationality. Again, this is my perspective- if you dont agree, lets hear it!

It is imperative, again in my opinion, that a man recognize irrational grabs for power, and deal with it swiftly and respectfully. If she throws a temper tantrum, my response has always been along the lines of "you are getting emotional and attacking me while I am trying to avoid emotion and I am not attacking you; I feel you are wrong in doing this, and so im leaving. I need some time to consider whether or not we can work, because frankly Im not going to take you treating me like shit." The response, in my experience granted, has always been submissive- she attempts to apologize and starts to get upset at the thought of me leaving. It is imperative that the man ENSURES he does NOT use this as mental abuse or to win an argument by force- it is ONLY when things are going too far and she is starting to throw names where nothing will be accomplished. She must learn that you are one she must treat with respect in order to be with, and at the same time learn you are one she can trust to treat her with respect.

More opinion: a man must be proud of being a man. He must revel in the testosterone pulsing through his veins, revel in the way his body feels when he takes a shot of 150hp on two wheels, and revel in the bliss of sharing his manhood with a woman he loves. He has to have value in his life separate from the woman he is involved with, and he must use his faculties to better himself, protect those he cares about, and excel in what hes passionate about. A woman makes the choice as to what man exhibits this best, just as a man makes the choice as to what woman exhibits womanhood best.
more psychobabble.

DavidBanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:17 PM   #223
fancy_ninja
Adventurer
 
fancy_ninja's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: The Lone Star State, Y'all...
Oddometer: 40
again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBanner View Post
more psychobabble.
*rolls eyes* I think he's spot on; excellent, well thought-out observations.. *goes back to reading the thread*
__________________
"I sound my barbaric YAWP over the roofs of the world." -Walt Whitman

"...You speak like a green girl, unsifted in such perilous circumstance." -Polonius in Hamlet

fancy_ninja screwed with this post 10-23-2012 at 09:23 PM
fancy_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:21 PM   #224
TimeOnTarget
Lost? Who me?
 
TimeOnTarget's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Kalifornia
Oddometer: 146
Not married, don't give a crap. I ride when I want to....
__________________
Some people work for a living, me, I'd rather fly.
TimeOnTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:08 AM   #225
GSF1200S
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: Austin, Texas
Oddometer: 976
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post
No, not an insult at all. I honestly thought, based on what you were writing, that you were female.

Jim


This concerns me.. gonna need to grab a few beers and pick a fight with a bear or something
GSF1200S is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014