ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > The perfect line and other riding myths
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-31-2012, 09:46 PM   #271
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer
 
DAKEZ's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: OR
Oddometer: 19,688
Toxic Gothic Women.

Damn... I guess I better wander down to the basement for a look.




Thanks Gwen.
__________________
“Watch out for everything bigger than you, they have the "right of weight"
Bib
DAKEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:05 PM   #272
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer
 
DAKEZ's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: OR
Oddometer: 19,688
I looked and looked and found only this on the BMWforum

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbasa View Post
Trust me. The mods aren't too thrilled, either. We finally nuked and paved the Toxic Gothic thread after YB couldn't stop spamming it with her Suicide Girls stuff. I was happy to see it to, to say the least.

But we don't set the rules, Baldy does.
From 2008
__________________
“Watch out for everything bigger than you, they have the "right of weight"
Bib
DAKEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:29 AM   #273
atomicalex
Glück zu!
 
atomicalex's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Detroit & Düsseldorf
Oddometer: 2,498
I admit, I had no idea that men thought about things so much until I arrived on this forum.
__________________
Katherine, in words - F650GSa - CBR250R (sold) - Super Sherpa - Nine Days in the Alps - More Alps: Finding GS Land
atomicalex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:18 AM   #274
Mat
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Mat's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Heidiland
Oddometer: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by concours View Post
\
Amen Brother. EVERY commercial involving couples, depicts the male as a spineless bumbling dullard, and the woman as a sharp, clear thinking leader. EVERY one.

There there, don't be sad.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1764651/
__________________
I think there might be a more scenic route somewhere...
Mat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:06 AM   #275
eepeqez
Beastly Adventurer
 
eepeqez's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Oddometer: 2,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco Stu View Post
I ride everywhere I go. In hi-viz clown outfits. So I get lots of people telling me that they've always wanted a motorcycle 'but the wife won't allow it.' I'm not sure if so many men are really this pussified that they can't do what they want to do, or if they are just making excuses.

what do you do when guys say this to you? commiserate with them? tell them to grow a pair of balls and take charge of their lives? tell them to divorce the domineering beotch and enjoy the rest of their lives?
My first thought was that far from being emasculated and needing to grow balls, these are guys whose balls are running their lives and telling them that sex is more important than motorcycling.

Then I remembered this news item I read earlier today:
Contraception power play

Replace condoms with motorcycles and it's basically saying that "So often it’s the person who is least committed, least generous, in a relationship who holds all the cards, and now it seems that’s the case even when it comes to something that can effect your whole life, like sexual health." ...and motorcycling.



Yes, the guys who give up motorcycling for a woman are the ones who are overextended in their relationships and have to comply to keep the attention of a woman who is less interested or knows she could do better elsewhere. So perhaps there is truth to the stories some guys are telling here about carnally enthusiastic blonde amazons attempting to push them to give up riding - because they (the women) thought they were working from a position of strength that lesser women know they don't occupy.


Disclosure: I'm a middle aged never married bachelor with 2 bikes.
eepeqez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:08 AM   #276
Mistress of the dual
Some say....
 
Mistress of the dual's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Ramona CA
Oddometer: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by concours View Post
\
Amen Brother. EVERY commercial involving couples, depicts the male as a spineless bumbling dullard, and the woman as a sharp, clear thinking leader. EVERY one.
Don't take the commercials personally. The majority of shopping is done by the woman of the household. The product advertisers assume that the man is not paying attention to the commercials and therefore put forth the message to the woman that she should buy their product because she is a sharp, clear thinking leader who must take care of her bumbling dullard mate who obviously could not get through life with out her. Many woman fall for this. Truly sharp, clear thinking woman see it for what it is: bullshit.
__________________
Mistress of the dual

2002 Suzuki DRZ400S, 2009 BMW F650GS
RR:The Quest for Apple Pie
RR:Pacific Coast Rambling
Mistress of the dual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:38 PM   #277
concours
WFO for 41 years
 
concours's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Kensington, NH USA
Oddometer: 5,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistress of the dual View Post
Don't take the commercials personally. The majority of shopping is done by the woman of the household. The product advertisers assume that the man is not paying attention to the commercials and therefore put forth the message to the woman that she should buy their product because she is a sharp, clear thinking leader who must take care of her bumbling dullard mate who obviously could not get through life with out her. Many woman fall for this. Truly sharp, clear thinking woman see it for what it is: bullshit.
I understand all you mentioned. I don't take it personally. I find it disturbing our society accepts as normal that if the gender is reversed, will the commercial still pass politicall correct muster? Not so much. The problem is, so many fence sitting dullards slide toward being completely blunt because of society's shift toward that mindset as normal. The truly sharp, clear thinking woman won't emascualte their mate, they know it's not healthy. It's the 'tweener's that the OP was talking about.
One of my favorites features Flo from Progressive talking to the couple, him sporting a MAN PURSE
__________________
Too much is just barely enough.....
concours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:43 PM   #278
Human Ills
Useful Idiom
 
Human Ills's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: South (Dog help me) Bay
Oddometer: 22,949
Re: sexist commercials. If it bothers you, you need to tell your significant other why you two won't be supporting producers who resort to perpetuating such stereotypes.
Human Ills is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:03 PM   #279
waveydavey
happy times!!
 
waveydavey's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Pulling dragons from the ground again
Oddometer: 9,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistress of the dual View Post
Don't take the commercials personally. The majority of shopping is done by the woman of the household. The product advertisers assume that the man is not paying attention to the commercials and therefore put forth the message to the woman that she should buy their product because she is a sharp, clear thinking leader who must take care of her bumbling dullard mate who obviously could not get through life with out her. Many woman fall for this. Truly sharp, clear thinking woman see it for what it is: bullshit.
I saw what you did there......
__________________
"...once the honey was gone he wandered off, farting and too soon satisfied."



FUCK CANCER!!!!
waveydavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:45 AM   #280
mikesova
Beastly Adventurer
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Gladwin, Mi
Oddometer: 1,833
Anybody watch this week's Modern Family?
__________________
2009 Kawasaki KLX250S
2001 Yamaha TW200 (Wife's bike)
2005 Yamaha FZ6

For Sale: 2004 Husqvarna TE510 (Michigan)
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:27 AM   #281
ct-ktm
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: New England
Oddometer: 3,152
Hahaha yeah I was thinking of this thread too..
I know quite a few guys that don't ride because of the danger..That is atleast a good excuse ...
ct-ktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:38 AM   #282
High Country Herb
Adventure Connoiseur
 
High Country Herb's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Western Sierras
Oddometer: 7,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by eepeqez View Post
My first thought was that far from being emasculated and needing to grow balls, these are guys whose balls are running their lives and telling them that sex is more important than motorcycling.

Then I remembered this news item I read earlier today:
Contraception power play

Replace condoms with motorcycles and it's basically saying that "So often it’s the person who is least committed, least generous, in a relationship who holds all the cards, and now it seems that’s the case even when it comes to something that can effect your whole life, like sexual health." ...and motorcycling.



Yes, the guys who give up motorcycling for a woman are the ones who are overextended in their relationships and have to comply to keep the attention of a woman who is less interested or knows she could do better elsewhere. So perhaps there is truth to the stories some guys are telling here about carnally enthusiastic blonde amazons attempting to push them to give up riding - because they (the women) thought they were working from a position of strength that lesser women know they don't occupy.


Disclosure: I'm a middle aged never married bachelor with 2 bikes.
Well said, and likely an inconvenient detail of relationships nobody wants to talk about. The trick is to meet the challenge of the Amazon, and make her persue you!

"Yes we can!"
High Country Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:46 AM   #283
mikesova
Beastly Adventurer
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Gladwin, Mi
Oddometer: 1,833
__________________
2009 Kawasaki KLX250S
2001 Yamaha TW200 (Wife's bike)
2005 Yamaha FZ6

For Sale: 2004 Husqvarna TE510 (Michigan)
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:20 AM   #284
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer
 
DAKEZ's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: OR
Oddometer: 19,688
Shants?
__________________
“Watch out for everything bigger than you, they have the "right of weight"
Bib
DAKEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:18 PM   #285
car94
What's this Box for?
 
car94's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: West Central Missouri
Oddometer: 3,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKEZ View Post
Shants?
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Shants
__________________
Ride Your Own Ride
car94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014