|10-15-2012, 04:48 PM||#1|
Joined: May 2012
Location: Between Canada and Ushuaia
Bolivia, La Paz: Gas, parts and service guide
I just spent my afternoon going to possibly every single motorcycle shop in La Paz.
Thought I'd share since finding this information has proven difficult.
As I probably missed plenty of places please share the info and I'll update this post.
Gas - Automovil Club
Two grades "Gasolina Especial" (88) and "Gasolina Premium" (91) Premium wasn't available the day I was there
- (Photo) Calacoto (S16°32.335' W68°05.239') (Av. Ballivian turn right into Calle 13, then go around the block on your left)
- San Pedro (S16°30.910' W68°07.195') (Junction of Av. Arce and Av. 6 de Agosto)
Octane booster is available at gas stations. Brands are STP and Amalie.
Honda, Kawazaki at Nosiglia http://www.nosigliasport.com
- (Main - photo) Calacoto (S16°32.783' W68°04.649') (Av. Costera and Calle 20) +591 2 2794904
- San Pedro (S16°30.136' W68°08.327') (Boqueron and Rio Bamba) +591 2 2491000
- (Photo) Calacoto (S16°31.549' W68°06.479') (Av. Hernando Siles and Calle 8) +591 2 2150505
Here you'll find tires, tubes, filters, spark plugs and bulbs (mostly for Japanese)
- L&B Importation (S16°30.180' W68°08.188') (Colombia and Zoilo Flores)
- Tufimotors (S16°30.239' W68°08.241') (Colombia and Boqueron)
Variety of good quality wrenches, racket wrenches and their sockets
- Le Mans (S16°30.188' W68°08.056') (Colombia between Boqueron and Heroes del Acre)
BMW La Paz recommends 600ml of octane booster per F800GS tank (4Gallons) for foreign bikes.
BMW La Paz doesn't know/cannot modify the octane setting of the engine (confirmed with their head office of Santa Cruz)
Ride safe everyone
On a 5 month solo ride from Canada to Ushuaia
Azimuth South screwed with this post 10-15-2012 at 06:33 PM Reason: photos added
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|