User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2012, 10:40 AM   #1
YZman OP
Bouncing off Trees

Oddometer: 1,120
CT90 swingarm wobble

Have a 67 CT90 Ive been fixing up riding around town.

One problem I have with it is the swingarm pivot in the chassis is wore out. I can grab the swingarm and wiggle it side to side quite a bit.

At first I thought it was the bushings in the swingarm itself and bought new ones. Nope. Not the problem at all. So now I have spare bushings.

What it turns out it is is the tube that runs thru the frame that the swingarm bolt runs thru. Its majorly wopped out. There is no bearings or bushings in there. It only has an id of like 3/8" or so. No room for anything else in there.

So I was just wondering if anyone else has come across this and how it was fixed.

This swingarm pivot tube in the frame sticks out each side of the frame an inch or so (guessing) what I planned on doing is making new bushings on the lathe that are tight(er) on the swingarm bolt. Then grind/cut off both sides of that tube flush with the frame and slide on my new bushings and bolt it all together. Then with it all aligned again Ill tack weld the bushings in place to the frame, disassemble and final weld them on. Should work. Cant be any worse than it is now.

Ideas/suggestions?
YZman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:56 AM   #2
redprimo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 369
Ive never had that issue with any of my ct's nor have I even had a reason to pull the swing arm on one. You might try posting the same question over here: http://hondatrailcts.yuku.com/

I'd offer you the frame off my untitled parts bike but the title issues and shipping from Ca would be more of a hassle than what you already have on your plate.
redprimo is offline   Reply With Quote