ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-22-2005, 07:17 PM   #361
snowrider OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
snowrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Wisconsin
Oddometer: 1,099
I just sent you a private message with my email address. Beer is good, just say when.
snowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 07:41 PM   #362
Burro X
>Bikes <Brains
 
Burro X's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Houston TX & Wrightwood CA
Oddometer: 653
Ditto what everyone says Snowrider, someday somehow I will find enough time off to take a trip half this good!
Great report!
Burro X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 05:15 AM   #363
Komet
The Voice of Reason
 
Komet's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2002
Location: Memphis, Tennessee
Oddometer: 38,096
Outstanding report. I really enjoyed your writing style.
__________________
Always mindful of obstruction, do your duty, never fail;
Keep your hand upon the throttle, and your eye upon the rail.
Komet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 02:15 PM   #364
TomN
Beastly Adventurer
 
TomN's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Chalfont, PA
Oddometer: 2,501
I just started reading the report but the pictures on page 2 are gone
TomN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 07:12 PM   #365
CDawg
Gnarly Adventurer
 
CDawg's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Lancaster
Oddometer: 267
Thumb what a trip

What a great report Snowrider!
I just read it for the second time.
I hope to do this trip for my 45th birthday....
I'm 40 now....
I figure with a five year warning my wife may actually let me go for 35 days...
Lancaster PA to Prudo Bay....
CDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 12:29 PM   #366
scootertrash
Mobile Homie
 
scootertrash's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Location: "My leg's tired, let's live here."
Oddometer: 2,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark836

PS The owner of wolfman (Eric) rides a DR650, so I would assume those bags are a perfect fir on a DR!

http://www.wolfmanluggage.com/
Yeah, I bought a DR fork brace from him, I guess I need to check out the Wolfman stuff again. I remember when it first came out..
__________________

TV-free for 7 years and counting
"The difference between Adventure and Adversity is Attitude"
scootertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 03:23 PM   #367
OleGrumpy
TFM/ODS Proficient
 
OleGrumpy's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Mountains of Virginia
Oddometer: 10,635
Snowrider

What a great story! I got a real chuckle from the picture of your breakfast with the omlet, hash browns and the beer. I hope you know beer is no longer consider just a breakfast drink!
__________________
Come Revolution, proletarians (how you say, "Joe Sixpack?") not having anything to worry.
Ah, but Ruling Elite, is being different question, altogether.
OleGrumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 02:54 AM   #368
snowrider OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
snowrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Wisconsin
Oddometer: 1,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark836
Awesome report! If I had seen this post when you were travelling through vegas I would have bought you dinner. I used to live on Mulholland Hwy near the rock store about 20 yrs ago, so even your SoCal part of the trip interested me. There is so much of this beautiful country left to see!

Thanks for the suspension info. I disregarded the DR due to that issue and got a KLR, but have newfound respect for the DR.

PS The owner of wolfman (Eric) rides a DR650, so I would assume those bags are a perfect fir on a DR!

http://www.wolfmanluggage.com/

Yeah, I got my centerstand from Eric. He sold me the centerstand from his own bike because he wasn't using it. Dual Star had them backordered because they were having some problem with fit and stopped production.
snowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 02:56 AM   #369
snowrider OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
snowrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Wisconsin
Oddometer: 1,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleGrumpy
What a great story! I got a real chuckle from the picture of your breakfast with the omlet, hash browns and the beer. I hope you know beer is no longer consider just a breakfast drink!

That was actually supper at the time, but there's nothing wrong with beer for breakfast. Especially here in Wisconsin.
snowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 02:57 AM   #370
snowrider OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
snowrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Wisconsin
Oddometer: 1,099
Oh yeah, if pics don't work go to http://scag48.com/ak
snowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 03:07 PM   #371
bigdon
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Oddometer: 2,432
bigdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 03:19 PM   #372
greenmtndave
Gnarly Adventurer
 
greenmtndave's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Elmore, VT
Oddometer: 254
What's next?

Snowrider,

Where you headed this summer?
__________________
2012 Susuki DR650SE
2013 Yamaha Super Tenere
greenmtndave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 02:42 AM   #373
snowrider OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
snowrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Wisconsin
Oddometer: 1,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmtndave
Snowrider,

Where you headed this summer?
Don't know yet. Probably nothing real big. Montana, maybe Mexico.
snowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 06:39 AM   #374
bosco
Raybanned
 
bosco's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: Atop the Bakken
Oddometer: 11,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowrider
Don't know yet. Probably nothing real big. Montana, maybe Mexico.
you're always welcome at Case de Bosco in eastern MT, if you travel this direction. Excellent report!
__________________
___________________________________
"It's called the American Dream - because you have to be asleep to believe it." -George Carlin
bosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 10:06 AM   #375
Karl Hungus
n00b
 
Karl Hungus's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Indiana
Oddometer: 3
Since all the lurkers are coming out in of the shadows in this thread, I guess I will too.

Great ride report snowrider. I hope to one day take a trip like yours.

One question though, did you ride through Monument Valley in Utah?
Karl Hungus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014