Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2013, 06:59 AM   #4561
GSlite
Bothan spy

Oddometer: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by levain View Post
Is this true of a generic external CD/DVD drive?
I'm guessing yes, but I don't know for sure.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:31 AM   #4562
rgiroux
Invisible Man

Oddometer: 2,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by levain View Post
Is this true of a generic external CD/DVD drive?
going out on a limb here a little, but I think it just depends on the program you use to view the video. the one I use, you just set it to PAL.

will verify when the IT guy wakes up (somewhere around noon )

2009 Alaska , 2010 Moab
2011 Calif Dreaming , 2013 Mexico
rgiroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:57 PM   #4563
bostondog
n00b

Oddometer: 1
I signed up here on adv ages ago to generally lurk around these ride reports. I refrain from posting questions or remarks as other regular adv members on here usually cover anything I want to know, but I felt the need to give my thanks. I love travelling to foreign lands and riding bikes but have never really done both seriously together.
I have read many of the RR's on here with admiration for people who can make time in their busy lives to drop everything and embark on an epic journey like this one and tell their stories here.
Two of these stories in particular I have been absolutely gobsmacked by; the first being Oisin's rtw journey a couple of years ago and the other: This one.
It is one thing to go all out and take on a epic journey like this, it another talent altogether to be able to tell the story like you guys have.
Rod, you made a good decision to include your trek back to Moscow in the thread when at one time it looked as though at one stage you would create a separate thread, it tied the last part of the story together nicely, thanks also for the pics of Moscow. It was a nice reminder of when I was there back in '08.
Thank you Walter, Terry, Rod, Prutser, Beamster, Geir, Erik and Steve for firstly, the effort each of you have put into such an experience and secondly, putting this thread together so well, you have entertained your audience no end.

bostondog screwed with this post 04-03-2013 at 09:27 PM
bostondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:00 AM   #4564
buzzlightyear
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostondog View Post
i signed up here on adv ages ago to generally lurk around these ride reports. I refrain from posting questions or remarks as other regular adv members on here usually cover anything i want to know, but i felt the need to give my thanks. I love travelling to foreign lands and riding bikes but have never really done both seriously together.
I have read many of the rr's on here with admiration for people who can make time in their busy lives to drop everything and embark on an epic journey like this one and tell their stories here.
Two of these stories in particular i have been absolutely gobsmacked by; the first being oisin's rtw journey a couple of years ago and the other: This one.
It is one thing to go all out and take on a epic journey like this, it another talent altogether to be able to tell the story like you guys have.
rod, you made a good decision to include your trek back to moscow in the thread when at one time it looked as though at one stage you would create a separate thread, it tied the last part of the story together nicely, thanks also for the pics of moscow. It was a nice reminder of when i was there back in '08.
Thank you walter, terry, rod, prutser, beamster, geir, erik and steve for firstly, the effort each of you have put into such an experience and secondly, putting this thread together so well, you have entertained your audience no end.
+1000
buzzlightyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:54 AM   #4565
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 6,903
Quote:
I signed up here on adv ages ago to generally lurk around these ride reports. I refrain from posting questions or remarks as other regular adv members on here usually cover anything I want to know, but I felt the need to give my thanks. I love travelling to foreign lands and riding bikes but have never really done both seriously together.
I have read many of the RR's on here with admiration for people who can make time in their busy lives to drop everything and embark on an epic journey like this one and tell their stories here.
Two of these stories in particular I have been absolutely gobsmacked by; the first being Oisin's rtw journey a couple of years ago and the other: This one.
Rod, you made a good decision to include your trek back to Moscow in the thread when at one time it looked as though at one stage you would create a separate thread, it tied the last part of the story together nicely, thanks also for the pics of Moscow. It was a nice reminder of when I was there back in '08.
Thank you Walter, Terry, Rod, Prutser, Beamster, Geir, Erik and Steve for firstly, the effort each of you have put into such an experience and secondly, putting this thread together so well, you have entertained your audience no end.
Excellent first post, and the thoughts of many
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:56 PM   #4566
Grants
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtronX View Post

What we had to do was to empower Yuri to act on our behalf with regards to the bikes. That also meant that he could sell the bikes if he wanted to Based on what we had read Yuri was a man to be thrusted and we did that. We got the letter and sent it to Yuri.

Of course, maybe, I`m paranoiac but in this document you can see a lot of personal information like personal codes, passport numbers, date of issuance of passport, address where the person lives, date of birth / place etc. From my point of view it would be good to blank these places;
Old 04-05-2013, 02:29 PM   #4567
EtronX
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 214
It happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grants View Post
Of course, maybe, I`m paranoiac but in this document you can see a lot of personal information like personal codes, passport numbers, date of issuance of passport, address where the person lives, date of birth / place etc. From my point of view it would be good to blank these places;
Thank you
Old 04-06-2013, 12:57 AM   #4568
moto rrad
ADV n00b

Oddometer: 84
A round of applause for the lady and gentlemen

A truly inspirational RR. Besides the amazing photography, roads, and participants, I was very impressed with the hospitality of the Russians (and others) who you met on the road. This RR confirms my want to get on the bike this summer and ride for as long as money will allow. Adventure time!
Old 04-06-2013, 08:28 AM   #4569
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!

Oddometer: 5,488
Quote:
Oisin's been posting videos on YouTube recently. Just started watching them. will probably spend the $5 on his book on Amazon, once I get my kindle acct sorted. Here's his first video from his youtube channel...

'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Dahveed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:27 PM   #4570
F650Dakar_Norway
What off-season?

Oddometer: 960
Thumb

Simply awesome RR and trip experience to read through. I've read it 3 times already. Work and family commitments aside - this has been a severly inspiriting and motivational digital experience. Hmmmmmm ;-)
2008 KTM 690 RFR
1994 Honda ST1100
F650Dakar_Norway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:59 PM   #4571
Taranis
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 353
Did little else this weekend, apart from going to the Supercross, than read this thread. Less than a minute until it's Monday.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:22 PM   #4572
Taranis
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 353
Genghis Kahn and the Making of the Modern World is sitting ready.

Thanks to all who contributed to this thread for the time spent to share your joy and discovery with the rest of us.

Taranis screwed with this post 06-09-2013 at 03:09 PM
Taranis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:45 AM   #4573
Nocturnity
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Firstly, thanks to everyone on this ride for taking the time to share your experiences and inspiring the next generation of adventurers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranis View Post
As a counterpoint to the above, however, the mountain trails in California are full of nearly as many hikers of Japanese descent, if not at times more, than of European.
The Japanese and Chinese are about as similar as Germans and Americans. They have vastly different cultures. There are tons of Japanese adventure riders around the world. We just don't regularly hear about them because, if they write, they do so in their own language on their own forums/blogs. The Chinese, not so much...
Nocturnity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:24 AM   #4574
FrancoisStilbaai
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Thumb

What a ride report.Thanks a lot guys for all the time and effort that went into one amazing ride report!
FrancoisStilbaai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:54 PM   #4575
MTrider16
Ridin' in MT

Oddometer: 1,477
Here is another view of Siberia. Sorry that it doesn't have anything about motorcycles, but in the middle of winter, I wouldn't be riding either.

http://transformsiberia.com/author/alexandyulia/

David
Mountains, Moose, and Miles: a Montanan's Alcan Highway Story
Continental Divide and More: the "No Dust" Tour of WY and MT
MTrider16 is offline   Reply With Quote