Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2013, 10:14 PM   #16
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,624
It's a cruiser. Way to go. It will take you just about anywhere you want to go.
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:55 AM   #17
kraven
Hegelian Scum

Oddometer: 4,766
Look into some progressive fork springs and shocks. That'll take the pogo out of it.
Mid controls are around, but you also might want to change the seat as well so it's a bit higher to ease the hip/femur angle a little if you move the foot backward.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:28 AM   #18
Drummer
BMW/Sonor

Oddometer: 94
Congrats - all the best and be safe. Watch out for the "tar & gravel" spring paving events about to head our way. Other than that, have fun -

I had a Spirit 1100 and it was a good fun bike.
Drummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:39 PM   #19
ahwarm
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
I've had mine for about 2 weeks now and have put around 150 miles on it. I like the bike and the ride but I cannot get a comfortable right foot placement while cruising. I usually place it off to the side of the peg away from the brake lever but it feels like it will slip off.

Andy
ahwarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:53 PM   #20
soboy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,285
I had a Shadow Aero for 4 years. Bought it as my 3rd bike to take my girlfriend riding as I am short and my other two bikes were tall. She took one ride on it and said that was enough for her, I kept the bike anyway because I liked the looks, the laid back riding position and the exhaust note. I never got below 60 mpg - incredible gas mileage. Cruisers are fun but not the best bike to have as your only bike. They lack cornering clearance. I never spent one penny on my Shadow, nothing ever went wrong and I sold it to make room for my T-Max (which corners like a sportbike). Didn't lose much money when I sold it, they hold their value well if you buy them used. Enjoy it.
"Reason takes a holiday as Dr. Horrible spends money he doesn't have, on a motorcycle he doesn't need, in a misguided attempt to recapture his youth which, upon reflection, wasn't all that great in the first place."
"Ride to the bar in your pirate outfit, guzzle some beer, play "Free Bird' on the juke box and then go home. Badass."
soboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:55 PM   #21
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,624
IF you can find one, a riders backrest will make all the difference in comfort with forward controls. Makes it like riding a recliner. I got mine from Protac, I don't know if they are still in business or not. Their site is still up, but I heard a long time ago the guy that ran the place retired. If all else fails, bungee a duffle bag or sleeping bag to the back seat to lean back against.
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote