Oddometer: 2,090
1203XBX Gotta nice ring to it...

996DL
996DL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:22 PM   #32
ironbutt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 151
Thanks for the heads up on the kit - ordered mine! Two days ago I was going to sell my pristine 2006 with only 3,700 miles on it (long story), but took it for a ride yesterday in some nice corners and that was that, my job may keep me from riding it very often, but man, when you lean her over and get on the gas from the exit of a tight corner - there is nothing like the Uly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughlysses View Post
Any of you "new" Uly owners who don't already have the "Comfort Kit" installed, I just saw this posted to Badweb:

http://www.grharley.com/Buell_Ulysse.../m1907.1ak.htm

Apparently they have a few in stock. If you're not aware, the "Comfort Kit" consisted of a right side scoop that funnels air to the rear cylinder head, an under-seat "duct" that directs hot air from the cooling fan downward and away from the seat, and a heat shield for the rear exhaust pipe. This was standard on the 2010 bikes but is a great addition to earlier bikes.
ironbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:48 AM   #33
Hughlysses
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironbutt View Post
Thanks for the heads up on the kit - ordered mine! Two days ago I was going to sell my pristine 2006 with only 3,700 miles on it (long story), but took it for a ride yesterday in some nice corners and that was that, my job may keep me from riding it very often, but man, when you lean her over and get on the gas from the exit of a tight corner - there is nothing like the Uly!
Since I posted I read that American Sport Bike also still has the Comfort Kits as well and they're expected to be available for some time.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:19 AM   #34
Jonny955
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironbutt View Post

I had a 2006 X for a few months and I totally agree with this. It was probably the feature I liked the most, although there were other things I liked too, like the comfortable riding position and the excellent fuel economy.

I'd have another one but I really like the KTM990 Adventure that replaced it and I have to admit I'm concerned about parts availability over here in the UK. Yes, I can get them but you have to wait if it's not a common item. Both are excellent bikes, each with it's own +/-. though.

Jon
Jonny955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:09 AM   #35
badweatherbiker
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 693
Hey that Erik guy can build some pretty good bikes huh!
Advocare products-www.advocare.com/12084065
badweatherbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:39 AM   #36
kag
Wander Lust

Oddometer: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by 996DL View Post
Oh, and an interesting tidbit right from the horse's mouth, there will be a Rotax powered Ulysses, in the not too distant future. Was trying to get someone at EBR to discuss their custom mapped ecm's and ended up with someone from a far different department, who spoke of more models coming soon and later a Rotax Uly for certain.

996DL
Great.........like I need another decision issue. Love my 08X Uly and was going to trade my Harley Ultra in on a new 1190 R ktm.........now ??????????????? A new Uly is something I could go for.....there Buells are just like heroin
kag is offline   Reply With Quote