User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2012, 10:36 PM   #1
fullmetalscooter OP
Let me take this duck off

Oddometer: 2,468
nc700 usa vs canad pricing

Kind of dumb ass but nc700 usa vs canad pricing mean usa gets it 2 to 3 grand cheaper . With 6 grand being seen on cycle trader in the usa the 9 grand makes little sense in canada for this awesome scooter like honda. I don't know about you but if I bought one I get it in the usa because I can go down, ride around for a 3 weeks and still have some extra cash left over in the pocket. Seem to be Honda Japan doesn't treat USA / Canada the same way. Eg 1 month wait for helix scooter part in canada. 10 days wait 40 min drive away in the usa. If the NC700 honda hits 5500 I buying one .
Old 11-08-2012, 02:45 AM   #2
Forde
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 639
no way is it $5500 brand new for a nc700x? it costs 5500 in the uk. which is $8800. the dct model is 6300.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:50 AM   #3
fullmetalscooter OP

sorry eupore often like canada gets screw with pricing. 7 grand usa SRP with dealer offering them at 5999 in 2 ads and 6300 usa in more ad in cycle trader. So 5500 for a used or dealer blow out on 2012 in may 2013 isn't out of the park for pricing. Right now srp is in usa is 4379.3820 pounds and thats what allot of dealers are selling them for. 1000 pound diff in England SRP and USA SRP. .
Old 11-08-2012, 04:37 AM   #4
Starbuck21
Manly scooterist!

Oddometer: 148
Nc700x

I did a nationwide search on Cycletrader here in the US. Normal price seems to be $6999. USD for a new one but $8999.00 for a new one with ABS. Saw one used one for $6399.00.
1974 CT90

Starbuck21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:46 PM   #5
Bronco638
Nobody Home

Oddometer: 3,509

Just kidding FMS. That pricing structure does seem to be BS.

Andy holds the lead. And he will, all the way to the Highway. Today is his day.
Bronco638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:32 PM   #6
fullmetalscooter OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco638 View Post

Just kidding FMS. That pricing structure does seem to be BS.
Gee if you voted canada you would not be in the trouble in your in LOL
Old 11-09-2012, 03:34 AM   #7
Forde
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck21 View Post
I did a nationwide search on Cycletrader here in the US. Normal price seems to be $6999. USD for a new one but $8999.00 for a new one with ABS. Saw one used one for $6399.00.
sounds more like it
Old 11-11-2012, 09:17 PM   #8
Jimo368
intrepid traveller

Oddometer: 139
The US gets two versions of the x model, the non-abs one is $6999, abs and dual clutch is $8999. We only get one version of the x model in Canada and it has abs but no dual clutch and sells for $8999. I dont believe the scooter version is sold in North America. You have to compare apples to apples here and not a dealer discounted one.
Jimo368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:33 PM   #9
fullmetalscooter OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimo368 View Post
The US gets two versions of the x model, the non-abs one is $6999, abs and dual clutch is $8999. We only get one version of the x model in Canada and it has abs but no dual clutch and sells for $8999. I dont believe the scooter version is sold in North America. You have to compare apples to apples here and not a dealer discounted one.
I feel that s not true pricing is the issues and more then honda is doing this . Even Harley has forbid there us dealer from mail ordering parts to Canada. They sent out a letter saying that. parts etc are just costing more for no reason . The final shaft on my helix is 80 bucks in Canada with a month wait time. 10 days in the usa and 39 bucks. Guessing my point is Canadian get screwed on pricing more often then not for no good reason.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:15 AM   #10
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,620
I don't know how Canadian dealers do it, but in the U.S., the $6999 model would be over $9,000 by the time you got out the door with it. There would be over $2000 worth of mostly bogus fees on it like freight, dealer prep, and doc fees. Then if you were dumb enough to fall for it, they would wind up selling you another $1000+ in extended warranties and service plans. They push this stuff hard. You almost need an attorney when you go to a U.S. dealership, because they WILL rip you off. I won't even deal at a dealership anymore, I do it over the phone and by email. I provide the dealer a copy of my bank statement (without the account number) to let them know I am a qualified buyer, and I offer to put down a deposit, as soon as a deal is reached, but that I will not pay that BS. I have found, surprisingly enough, this works most of the time. Even without the BS they will make a profit, just not a huge one. I get their OTD price by email, put down a deposit, and go in with a cashiers check in the exact amount to pick up the bike. This has worked 4 times in a row for me.
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote