Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2012, 12:43 PM   #46
Bronco638
Nobody Home

Oddometer: 3,416
I wonder how far the closest Starbucks is. It's Naperville, it can't be too far.

Edit: looks to be about three blocks north and a block west. High end coffee could survive there, IMO.

Andy holds the lead. And he will, all the way to the Highway. Today is his day.
Bronco638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:34 PM   #47
KennyT OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 75
Hi Bronco,vtwin, barnone,scoottour, Jerry,and silk. First of all, thanks to everyone for stopping in!
I like the name Scooter Cafe. I would chill out there all day (should we give refills?:)), just looking at the bikes.
silk, you must have read my mind! I just wrote a follow up to this post titled My Dream is becoming a reality: the Naperville Scooter store. I will post it here tomorrow. Takes awhile to translate all the links and pictures. I have been looking into leasing, starting with a smaller space, narrowing brands, and putting some other ideas out there...
Jerry,I will need a good mechanic...
Thanks again!, and look for my post tomorrow!
Ken
Old 11-10-2012, 06:17 AM   #48
SilkMoneyLove
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,736
Ken - I am glad you are still chasing the dream. Sometimes folks "sober up" once the details start to get heavy.
BTW - my first scooter, a Taotao Sicily shows up on Monday. Would have been nice to have a local scoot shop, but it is all HD near me.
SilkMoneyLove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:11 PM   #49
marusin
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Thumb I scoot AND live in Naperville!

Hey KennyT, I've been scooting for years and live in Naperville. Started on a Honda Spree as a youngster and since then have had Vespas (vintage), a Genuine Stella and now am on a Honda Ruckus. I actually live VERY close to the property you're looking at! Super cool idea and excited to see what you come up with. Lets go ride sometime before it gets TOO cold...
marusin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:46 PM   #50
KennyT OP
Adventurer

Hi Silk money and Marusin. Thanks! Thanks for becoming a fan, Marusin!
Today was the first day in two weeks I didn't ride, and the weather was beautiful! Spent it with my girls out in Marengo. Three is a crowd on my Kymco 125!
Anyway, excited to get back on tomorrow. Man, I am always available. I would meet you tomorrow for coffee, and we could shoot the breeze. Love talking scooters, business, and life. Again, if not tomorrow, I am always available! Message me on the page (or any other way you like).
Silk money, I hope I never sober up. I expect to chase this dream all the way!
Thanks again!
Ken
p.s. I have made several more decisions on my business. You can find them on other posts and my FB page. Follow along. Should be fun!
Old 11-11-2012, 03:08 AM   #51
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,386
We have a Starbucks about 1/4 mile from my house, and I often find myself going there, getting a cup of their outrageously priced beverage, and just sitting at an outside table looking at my customized Stella. Never done that with motorcycles, but the olive green Stella, with a brown seat, wide whitewalls, and various international badges on it is just plain fun to look at. Yes it even has an ADV sticker on it.
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:19 PM   #52
vtwin
Air cooled runnin' mon

Oddometer: 6,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyT View Post
Hi Bronco,vtwin, barnone,scoottour, Jerry,and silk. First of all, thanks to everyone for stopping in!
I like the name Scooter Cafe. I would chill out there all day (should we give refills?:)), just looking at the bikes.
silk, you must have read my mind! I just wrote a follow up to this post titled My Dream is becoming a reality: the Naperville Scooter store. I will post it here tomorrow. Takes awhile to translate all the links and pictures. I have been looking into leasing, starting with a smaller space, narrowing brands, and putting some other ideas out there...
Jerry,I will need a good mechanic...
Thanks again!, and look for my post tomorrow!
Ken

Hope your dream comes true. Rootin' for you.

"You only have too much fuel if you're on fire"
unknown
vtwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:21 PM   #53
KennyT OP
Adventurer

Hi Vtwin and Jerry. Thanks!
Vtwin, it is ovine faster than I could have imagined, leaving me less time to build financing. Better too fast than too slow, I guess...
Kerr, yes Starbucks is pricey, but you are paying for the scene too! I bet your Bike gets a lot of looks
Thanks again Guys!
Ken