Last one....

Thank you

scooter_kenny screwed with this post 04-02-2014 at 06:52 AM
scooter_kenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:00 AM   #2
SAM7
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
Are these Street Triple's headlights? Seems nice to me!
What scooter is it BTW?
SAM7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:10 AM   #3
scooter_kenny OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Hay SMA7,

Its a 2005 Honda Big Ruckus...All stock (headlights too) with the exception of the rear rack, top box and front windsheild....
scooter_kenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:27 AM   #4
SAM7
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter_kenny View Post
Hay SMA7,

Its a 2005 Honda Big Ruckus...All stock (headlights too) with the exception of the rear rack, top box and front windsheild....
All stock? Oops... Well, I'm not a scooter guy!!!
Few months ago, I thought about buying a 300cc+ maxi scooter to replace my ageing 92 GS500 since I can't drive a car (yep! Cars are too boring) and I've to commute 50km daily, rain or shine so I though that a scooter with tons of luggage space and huge windshield would be best for my needs. Test rode a Kymco Downtown 300i, absolutely adore its comfort, economy, insurance and luggage space but ended up hating its CVT Transmission and that was the deal breaker. Bought a 97 VFR750 V4 instead and being a happy bunny ever since. Loads of power but not too much, tons of useable torque, its V4 bark sounds amazing. Sure, it doesn't have the practicality of a scooter and returns very poor mpg but I don't care as I'm having so much fun.
What I'm trying to say, is that try a REAL motorcycle with manual shifter. You won't regret it + you won't have to live up with the scooter's 'gay-ish' image anymore (No offense at all). I mean, you can't haul chicks on a scooter, can you???
Old 04-02-2014, 08:38 AM   #5
brianwheelies
Iron toocus

Oddometer: 2,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAM7 View Post
All stock? Oops... Well, I'm not a scooter guy!!!
Few months ago, I thought about buying a 300cc+ maxi scooter to replace my ageing 92 GS500 since I can't drive a car (yep! Cars are too boring) and I've to commute 50km daily, rain or shine so I though that a scooter with tons of luggage space and huge windshield would be best for my needs. Test rode a Kymco Downtown 300i, absolutely adore its comfort, economy, insurance and luggage space but ended up hating its CVT Transmission and that was the deal breaker. Bought a 97 VFR750 V4 instead and being a happy bunny ever since. Loads of power but not too much, tons of useable torque, its V4 bark sounds amazing. Sure, it doesn't have the practicality of a scooter and returns very poor mpg but I don't care as I'm having so much fun.
What I'm trying to say, is that try a REAL motorcycle with manual shifter. You won't regret it + you won't have to live up with the scooter's 'gay-ish' image anymore (No offense at all). I mean, you can't haul chicks on a scooter, can you???
Most of us are long time motorcyclists who matured into scooter adoration. Just because you may be gay does not mean folks who ride scooters are.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:57 AM   #6
SAM7
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwheelies View Post
Most of us are long time motorcyclists who matured into scooter adoration. Just because you may be gay does not mean folks who ride scooters are.
You've taken it wrong, mate. I had an 80's Yamaha YB100 2-Stroke when I was 17 so I've certainly no problem with image. I was just speaking generally... I dumped the scooter idea not because of image, but because of 'grin factor' which most scooterist wouldn't understand. If I were that image conscious, I wouldn't have considered and test rode a scoot... Ride safe.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:54 AM   #7
DougFromKentucky
Old Fart

Oddometer: 308
Quote:
You've taken it wrong, mate. I had an 80's Yamaha YB100 2-Stroke when I was 17 so I've certainly no problem with image. I was just speaking generally... I dumped the scooter idea not because of image, but because of 'grin factor' which most scooterist wouldn't understand. If I were that image conscious, I wouldn't have considered and test rode a scoot... Ride safe.
I would expect that you will return to scooters by the time you reach your 60's or maybe early 70's. Most of us do and it is usually dictated by health problems.

Namaste'
Doug from Kentucky
Old 04-02-2014, 10:11 AM   #8
brianwheelies
Iron toocus

Oddometer: 2,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougFromKentucky View Post
I would expect that you will return to scooters by the time you reach your 60's or maybe early 70's. Most of us do and it is usually dictated by health problems.

Namaste'
Doug from Kentucky
This seems to be the case for many motorcyclists. I have ridden just about everything. Old, new, fast, slow but never had the time of day for a 'scooter'. Late 20's rolled in and I wanted to try something new so I bought my first scoot. I loved it. Swapping transmission parts, expansion chambers, carbs. It was a blast. Then I got the bigger scoot and it was fun to take on the highway and do longer rides and it was the perfect commuting weapon.

Europe and Asia are littered with scooters due to their virtues.

My apologies for the thread jack.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:21 AM   #9
JerseyBiker
Scootarazzi

Oddometer: 1,714
[QUOTE=SAM7;23838640]....I dumped the scooter idea not because of image, but because of 'grin factor' which most scooterist wouldn't understand. /QUOTE]

Lol, you really are a dumbass, aren't you.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:24 PM   #10
cdwise
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 641
Quote:
Seriously? Okay, I get it you like shifting a "real" motorcycle but frankly you sound like a troll. Nobody is going to "haul" this chick anywhere. I ride my own and have for years. Nor will they be "hauling" any female I know, even those that prefer to ride on the back than ride their own bike/scoot. As for two up - I've seen plenty of that any anything from a 50cc Chinese POS to Burgman 650 (Goldwing of the scooter community) in pretty much every part of the county. Well, maybe I should qualify that "every part of the country" bit since I only have 39 states filled in on my USA ride map. By the end of the summer I'll have another 4 US states (including Alaska) and 2 possibly 3 Canadian Provinces, all on a scooter. Half of which with a 250cc or smaller. FWIW, the grin factor for me is strongest with a nimble scooter not a maxi and certainly not a cruiser or dual sport. A day on a sports bike now and again can be a blast provided you have the twisty canyons with no stop signs to make use of it. In the city, no thank you to any of them, particularly not in the hot, humid southern US where the last thing I want when it is triple digits and 90% humidity is a hot engine between my legs.

FWIW, women love a Vespa rider and want to be Audrey Hepburn behind Gregory Peck. Now that's a grin factor.
cdwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:09 PM   #11
gumshoe4
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 717
Well said, CD.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:28 PM   #12
MichRocks
Sunset Rider

Oddometer: 93
[QUOTE=JerseyBiker;23839382]
Quote:
....I dumped the scooter idea not because of image, but because of 'grin factor' which most scooterist wouldn't understand. /QUOTE]

+2. I can't believe how completely absurd SAM7's comment was!!! Some people's kids!!!

www.redrockcomputer.com
MichRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:56 PM   #13
CaptnJim
Scootist

Oddometer: 600
Quote:
....I dumped the scooter idea not because of image, but because of 'grin factor' which most scooterist wouldn't understand. /QUOTE]

Hey, he may be a dumbass, but... that's all I got - he's a dumbass.

This scooterist has a sore jaw from all the grinning! I enjoyed the 23 motorcycles I owned before these scooters, and now I'm enjoying the scooters. Someday, if/when SAM7 ever grows up, he may learn to appreciate that others' opinions don't put a damper on his... just like his opinion here shows... oh yeah, he's a dumbass. Sad thing about most dumbasses: they don't realize the extent of their dumbassness. It leads them to say dumbass things. I have let some of my motorcycle friends ride my scooter... I don't think I would let a dumbass enjoy the experience. They have all (yes, every single one of them) said, "That is WAY more fun than I expected." Fun... as in: grin factor.

Jim
Old 04-02-2014, 04:10 PM   #14
MichRocks
Sunset Rider

Oddometer: 93
[QUOTE=CaptnJim;23841946]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBiker View Post

Hey, he may be a dumbass, but... that's all I got - he's a dumbass.

This scooterist has a sore jaw from all the grinning!

Jim
OK, you're right!...I nearly fell on the floor laughing!! HaHaHaHaHaHa!!!!

Guess I needed the break...!!!

www.redrockcomputer.com
MichRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:33 PM   #15
SAM7
Adventurer

Quote:

Well, I've rode a scooter, have you ever rode a VFR750? Don't think so... Even a CG125 was a hell lot fun then the Kymco Downtown 300i I've test rode. But again, its personal preference... Secondly, in Europe, you'll see mostly chicks riding them, Rarely a male so I think scooter image has lot to do with where you're from. Americans are lazy (generally speaking) and hate to shift so I assume automatic scooters are the way of life over the pond, right or wrong??? Ride safe.