Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Trials
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2012, 10:09 PM   #31
grizzzly
The Pre-Banned Version

Oddometer: 3,268
If you walked in there with out your shirt on, that is probably the most excitement she has had in awhile………… you should lock your door and have an escape route planed

If you cant find a good block just lean the bike kickstand side up against a pole and tie it with the tire you want to change off of the ground

if you are doing the rear tire be careful not to let the bike role forward off of the kick stand

grizzzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:42 PM   #32
AteamNM OP
Wonna Be ADVrider

Oddometer: 3,606
Quote:
grizzzly • Today 10:09 PM

If you cant find a good block just lean the bike kickstand side up against a pole and tie it with the tire you want to change off of the ground
Hey Chris thanks for the idea. Curtis provided some great ideas as well. I ended up scouring the neighborhood for a bike stand. Stole a recycle box from a home and it worked out for a while.

This was the problem.

I rode and pushed Jo Jo about a mile to the nearest motel. The most wore down flea bag Hindu Hilton
white trash place I have stayed in since a national in Goldendale California.

Also replaced rear brake pads.

The heater/AC in the crack whore motel was awesome, but did not work.

Leon's Motorcycle Shop facilitated my needs.

Leon had a museum and a killer shop. This is the parts room and his office.

Leon's man castle

Leon has micro fish back to the 60's. He does not have internet and doesn't need it. Leon is old school, a gem
and true American.
AteamNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:38 AM   #33
_Magoo_
master of disaster....

Oddometer: 5,325
great pics, Tony!

Keep on keepin' on!

_Magoo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:38 AM   #34
zontar
lawnhater

Oddometer: 322
we need more Leons. roll on, buddy!

Listen: We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different.
----Kurt Vonnegut "Timequake"
zontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:04 AM   #35
Lesharoturbo
Nerdly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,162
Really enjoying your report. This is what adventures are made of!!

When you get the time, can you tell me what brand the top box is? Will it fit a full face helmet?

Thanks

Bernie
Old 11-08-2012, 07:17 AM   #36
AteamNM OP
Wonna Be ADVrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesharoturbo View Post
Really enjoying your report. This is what adventures are made of!!

When you get the time, can you tell me what brand the top box is? Will it fit a full face helmet?

Thanks

Bernie
It will hold my big ass helmet. Made by ST Lunn? Rob (Lakerider) can tell you more but I had someone comment they have the same box (shoe) and it is pretty cheap. Holds my 17' laptop and a ton of other stuff high and dry.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:02 AM   #37
NMTrailboss
Team Dead End

Oddometer: 5,970
Tony, I am really enjoying this adventure and trip! I hope you are still enjoying the experience despite a few mishaps. That is just part of the game!

Leon seems to be the real deal! Love his store and glad he could help you get Jo Jo back on the road. Ride on!!!
Old 11-08-2012, 11:56 AM   #38
lineaway
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,439
If you hurry Tony, you might make our december event!!
lineaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:04 PM   #39
NMTrailboss
Team Dead End

Quote:
Originally Posted by lineaway View Post

Old 11-08-2012, 01:22 PM   #40
grizzzly
The Pre-Banned Version

Quote:
Originally Posted by lineaway View Post
i thought he was going to try to be here for the march event

Old 11-08-2012, 01:37 PM   #41
DCrider
Live from THE Hill

Oddometer: 4,046
I like his lunch box and his liquid lunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by AteamNM View Post
Old 11-08-2012, 05:42 PM   #42
AteamNM OP
Wonna Be ADVrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzzly View Post
If you walked in there with out your shirt on, that is probably the most excitement she has had in awhile………… you should lock your door and have an escape route planed

if you are doing the rear tire be careful not to let the bike role forward off of the kick stand
I have had time to think about the rear wheel jack issue. A few very cheap and small pulleys (3) would do a lot to lift up the rear. I had a jack at a Ryder site an it was still darn difficult to raise the tire off the ground a half inch. Those are great pics Grizz.

Quote:
lineaway
Gnarly Adventurer
Oddometer: 401

Ha ha Bob. I will be there for the December 2013 event for sure

Quote:
NMTrailboss
Team Dead End

Oddometer: 3,761

Tony, I am really enjoying this adventure and trip! I hope you are still enjoying the experience despite a few mishaps. That is just part of the game!

Leon seems to be the real deal! Love his store and glad he could help you get Jo Jo back on the road. Ride on!!!

I am a sadistic twisted mind TrailBoss. I have enjoyed all the ass kickin I get.
Quote:

Old 11-08-2012, 07:39 PM   #43
grizzzly
The Pre-Banned Version

[QUOTE=AteamNM;20002574]I have had time to think about the rear wheel jack issue. A few very cheap and small pulleys (3) would do a lot to lift up the rear. I had a jack at a Ryder site an it was still darn difficult to raise the tire off the ground a half inch. Those are great pics Grizz.

[QUOTE]
you can do alot with just Knots. one person can do what i did to a big bike with just some paracord doing a figuer 8 and a slip knot

Old 11-08-2012, 07:50 PM   #44
AteamNM OP
Wonna Be ADVrider

How about an update?

Again thanks for the views. Please say hello. I do tend to get a bit crazy in the head and wonder if any one other than my hommies read this crap.

Lets go back a bit and visit the Ozarks of Arkansas. From Pine Bluff NW up to Fayetteville was epic times 100; a total; huba huba day. Home of the Razorbacks and
what a college backyard to play in. I did a little class 4 canoeing on the Cossatot Wild & Scenic River many years ago and remember how beautiful and remote that
river was. Of course the Buffalo float trip is also a ritual for college kids, really just spectacular riding 2 lane all day.

Over 250 miles riding today and also a small petroleum issue I will talk about later.

The Village of Hot Springs. Very historic and some old money here back in the day.

Stop and rest often. Find a secluded spot, out of site out of mind thing and chill out.

Water and maybe a little dancing.

While chillaxin’ I spotted this partial license plate. When in Rome right? The Razorback matches Jo Jo pretty well.

Hell yea, this was the typical view all day.

I look out at this vista and I think what a church. A religious view, really a cathedral.

Wow Jo Jo, you got a fat ass but your still pretty.

End of the day, always rewarding to be out at dark thirty and ride into this.

At this point I decided to push on into Springdale Arkansas, @30 miles away. The rest is history. Flat tire and a KLR work out. I am still sore in weird places from pushing
and riding Jo Jo into town to the Hindu Hilton.

Oh I almost forgot about the gas issue. So I leave Springdale on Tuesday morning with about a half a tank of gas. I stop at a road cut to check out some killer geology.

I was feeling very strong and did this.

So after a bit of geo speculating, I decided to ride around on the berms and Jo Jo wanted to get some air and ride a bit O’ trials. I motor on west on Highway 7 and
realize my map pouch is MIA! FFFKKK! I turn around and backtrack which I despise to do and go back to the geo quarry. I ride around, I look. Wilson! Wilson
where are you? Then I look down between my head light housing and the light and there it is. Wilson, your back. So I added a micro bungee cord across the head
light supports and Wilson is now secure.

I know, this is getting a bit weird right? My clear map pouch is has a name like my bike. What should I call my nephews water bottle?
So I’m back re riding Highway 7 and motor on through the Village of Hot Springs and from there on it’s just twisty visual Nirvana. iPod music is playing Moody Blues,
Collective Soul and David Grey. I’m just Jonesin’ along, a rubber neck on a ball bearing socket. A happy idiot. Then I start thinking about my mileage. How far to the
next gas station? Lets see, I have ridden about 190 miles on a tank. Do I turn around and go back to Hot Springs? No and hell no. It can’t be that far to the next
gas station right? Then I hear that sputtering sound, it sent a feeling through my body, that oh shit feeling.

Reach down quickly and hit the reserve. I know I have maybe 45 miles or more on reserve but I hate riding like this with no spare fuel. There just has to be a gas
station somewhere along Highway 7. Look at the map, sure, maybe? So as the twisty miles roll on, I’m no longer enjoying the scenery. I’m worried about gas. How
far is it to the next town? Every corner or a break in the trees has me thinking the next turn. Nothing, just trees and trees. Well if I run out of gas, I will make a
sign and stand on the side of the road. Surely someone will have some gas. Not the first time I have begged for gas on this trip. So I’m about 40 miles now since reserve.
Really, is this how the election day ride is gonna go?

Then I spot this.

Happy happy happy. The dispenser was very old, double the price on the meter. 5.3 gallons, I still had .6 gallons left. Wow I was so happy to walk in that old
place and pay for gas. Now at 200 miles I get gas, I hate that feeling. I asked the lady how far to the next gas station? She says about 40 miles. She also said that
she closed the store earlier to go vote. I’m thinking I’m so lucky. Later around 7 PM that night I would realize that I was not that lucky. But then I would have
never met Leon.

See ya on the trail.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:27 PM   #45
NMTrailboss
Team Dead End

It just keeps getting better Tony!!

Lovin' the fall foilage photos! What a beautiful are to ride this time of year. I need to get out that way one of these days!