http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LxtO...eature=related
tijuana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:06 PM   #2
High Country Herb
Adventure Connoiseur

Oddometer: 7,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijuana View Post
I tend to react badly in those situations. That guy and his ride would have been under my truck. The video should suffice in the self defense case...
High Country Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:06 PM   #3
CaseyJones
Ridin' that train

Oddometer: 753
I'm calling BS on this. Almost certainly staged...in RUSSIA, someone riding around with an axe isn't left alone; he's questioned - vigorously.
CaseyJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:20 PM   #4
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,808
I was stopped by a cop for carrying a hammer on my belt, right here in the good ole U.S. of A. I was riding my XT225 out to a model rocket launch site, and explained to the cop that I needed the hammer to drive stakes in the ground. He quickly forgot about the hammer when he found out I had explosives (model rocket motors) and called in back up. 2 more cops showed up, and spent about half an hour interrogating me and trying to decide whether to arrest me as a terrorist. Apparently someone on the radio explained to them what I was actually doing, and they grudgingly let me go on my way.

BTW, it is completely legal to carry a gun in my state, both open and concealed. Had it been a handgun instead of a hammer, it would not have attracted their attention.
1980 Puch moped
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:18 PM   #5
graniterover
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryH View Post
I was stopped by a cop for carrying a hammer on my belt, right here in the good ole U.S. of A. I was riding my XT225 out to a model rocket launch site, and explained to the cop that I needed the hammer to drive stakes in the ground. He quickly forgot about the hammer when he found out I had explosives (model rocket motors) and called in back up. 2 more cops showed up, and spent about half an hour interrogating me and trying to decide whether to arrest me as a terrorist. Apparently someone on the radio explained to them what I was actually doing, and they grudgingly let me go on my way.

BTW, it is completely legal to carry a gun in my state, both open and concealed. Had it been a handgun instead of a hammer, it would not have attracted their attention.
That is fucking classic.

Completely unrelated I was arrested in Arizona at gunpoint after being chased for miles on my FZ 600 almost 30 years ago. I stopped for gas and had no idea I had been chased.
graniterover is offline   Reply With Quote