ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks > GPS Tracks - Central, Texas & Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 47 votes, 4.98 average. Display Modes
Old 12-18-2012, 08:22 AM   #121
OKlr OP
Youtube whore

Oddometer: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elder_Rogue View Post
Sorry don't have a GPS, could you tell me where these are?
the two tunnels are north of denison texas, south of colbert oklahoma, east side of the highway off river road.

The bridge is on greasy bend rd north of mannsville oklahoma.
OKlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:23 AM   #122
OKlr OP
Youtube whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdale74451 View Post
Thanks, maybe after lunch I can ride from Welling to Combs Bridge.

That road beside the powerline is the road that runs north and south thru Elohim City. Kilted and Cropear should remember it.

I ddont have a GPS so im using my SPOT and Google maps. If someone knows how to drop a pin and get coordinates from google let me know.
i'm not 100% sure, but i think you can drop the pin, then click on it and it will show the location.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:56 AM   #123
spokedoc
Egregious

Oddometer: 7
Quote:
If someone knows how to drop a pin and get coordinates from google let me know.
Right click anywhere on a Google map and select "What's here." it will mark it with a green arrow and will display the coordinates in the Google address bar. If you move the cursor over the green arrow the coordinates also display in a little window.
spokedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:57 AM   #124
Elder_Rogue
Loser Gone Wild

Oddometer: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKlr View Post
the two tunnels are north of denison texas, south of colbert oklahoma, east side of the highway off river road.

The bridge is on greasy bend rd north of mannsville oklahoma.
Thanks for the locations, I will look them up on Google Maps.

Don't know if when you were that close to Denison you crossed Carpenter's Bluff bridge? It goes from OK to TX across the RR.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:28 AM   #125
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,889
Quote:
Back at the stable now. It was cool this morning but around 10 the sun came thru and that made the ride better. If you click the link below you,'ll see todays ride. I spent my teenage years in this area and rode most of these roads on a Honda 160 Dream that dad bought for 75 dollars...the good ol days.

Now that 30 years have passed the area has changed. There are few gravel roads and everywhere is just more populated.

I will post a full RR with pics on www.twowheelsthreeamericas.com
Finally found time to read you RR. Fun read but now I will have to copy that route and what you are hopefully riding today so I can get over there and try to follow a lot of your track.

Thanks!

Shawnee Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:10 PM   #126
airdale7
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 499
What a great day to ride. Made it to just south of Chewy and the bike started fishtailing.....dang-it.
..fun is over

Every day is a new adventure!
airdale7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:31 PM   #127
Dadayama
Constant Adventurer

Oddometer: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elder_Rogue View Post
Thanks for the locations, I will look them up on Google Maps.

Don't know if when you were that close to Denison you crossed Carpenter's Bluff bridge? It goes from OK to TX across the RR.

That bridge "Carpenter's Bluff Bridge" was in the original route... I'm thinking, though not sure, that it may have been routed around... I really need to clear out all the old routes and i've about used all the memory on my old computer... the wife is going to buy me a new one soon... i hope.
Dadayama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:11 AM   #128
OKlr OP
Youtube whore

i did change the route in that area, so its probably been taken out. But i was looking for it last night and couldn't find it on the map. could you give me a location?
Old 12-19-2012, 05:29 AM   #129
kiltedcrawford
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 119
Quote:
i did change the route in that area, so its probably been taken out. But i was looking for it last night and couldn't find it on the map. could you give me a location?
Carpenter's Bluff is East of Denison on FM 120.
Coordinates are 3345'21.37"N & 9624'41.22"W.

Cool single lane bridge.
kiltedcrawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:03 AM   #130
Elder_Rogue
Loser Gone Wild

Oddometer: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiltedcrawford View Post

Cool single lane bridge.

Wife and I have been twice, once from Texas side and once from trip through back roads of Oklahoma using this as the path back into Texas. Now I need to plan a third to see the bridges on river road.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:30 PM   #131
OKlr OP
Youtube whore

Quote:

Cool single lane bridge.
i'm going to figure out a way to include it and the stuff i posted up earlier. hmmmm. btw it was easier for google to handle it this way 33.755637, -96.412417
Old 12-20-2012, 05:30 AM   #132
kiltedcrawford
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
i'm going to figure out a way to include it and the stuff i posted up earlier. hmmmm. btw it was easier for google to handle it this way 33.755637, -96.412417
That's funny, those were the coordinates Google Earth gave me.

As for routing, Carpenter's Bluff bridge was neat, but unless you needed to go into Denison there's really no other reason to go into Texas. It's all highway, city and FM roads anyway.

Your newer route may be better, for our purposes.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:28 AM   #133
OKlr OP
Youtube whore

Quote:
That's funny, those were the coordinates Google Earth gave me.

As for routing, Carpenter's Bluff bridge was neat, but unless you needed to go into Denison there's really no other reason to go into Texas. It's all highway, city and FM roads anyway.

Your newer route may be better, for our purposes.

i've been playing around with the route in that area, but the only way i can figure out how to include it is to have a bunch of pavement. That section of tx just doesn't have anything really to offer. I can post it up tonight, but i have the route just go down to the bridge with a waypoint, then double back and continue on like normal. If someone didn't want to see the bridge they could just bypass it completely. I have been busy packing so working on the map is on the back burner.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:36 AM   #134
kiltedcrawford
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
i've been playing around with the route in that area, but the only way i can figure out how to include it is to have a bunch of pavement. That section of tx just doesn't have anything really to offer. I can post it up tonight, but i have the route just go down to the bridge with a waypoint, then double back and continue on like normal. If someone didn't want to see the bridge they could just bypass it completely. I have been busy packing so working on the map is on the back burner.
Yeah, there aren't any other options down there.

Hats off to you for working on this AND trying to move at the same time. Fun.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:11 AM   #135
cropear
Adventurer

Oddometer: 65
Optional Routes

There should maybe a few routes listed as optional. Carpenters Bridge would be one that would be like that.
The Hugo Cemetery would be another one. The Cemetary was interesting. But, it was about 15 minutes i would have liked to use scouting Kiamichi River. That we had to bypass due to a gate combined with these wonderful 10 hours of sunlight we are experiencing.
I realize this adds a whole level of complexity to the route. But, it could make it easier to manage.
We have a defined OAT and then we have some one offs that may be real relevant "there and back's" for peoples interest like bridges or dead circus elephants. But, if not you can stay on the Trail. Me and Kilted talked about the runestone in heavener. Interesting things that inmates may have defined as worth seeing. but not worth rerouting the whole trail.
Just throwing it out there since it is cold outside and we may need some flames.
cropear is offline   Reply With Quote