Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2012, 05:15 PM   #1
rbenn87 OP
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Honda CB72 Hawk-Tank Badges

Hey there!

Christmas time is coming, and my Dad is incredibly hard to buy for.. So I got to thinking, he spent his summers in England when he was about my age, and had a Honda CB72 Hawk. So I'm looking for a set of tank badges for him. My question is, is do the original badges only have the honda wing and logo on them, or does it also say "250" below honda? Just trying find an original pice, NOS if possible. Which is proving pretty hard. I would really appreciate a point in the right direction in find an original pair, or just one of them! Thanks for all the help!

Ross
rbenn87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:20 PM   #2
caponerd
Kickstart Enthusiast

Oddometer: 1,971
I think they came either with just the winged "Honda" alone, or with that, plus CB72, CB161, CL72, etc....

Found a set on ebay. Not sure if they're old stock original or reproductions. Price seems reasonable.

caponerd screwed with this post 10-30-2012 at 06:00 PM
caponerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:28 PM   #3
rbenn87 OP
n00b

Oddometer: 2
I've seen lots of these, I feel that those are new productions..
rbenn87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:17 PM   #4
killfile
49/50

Oddometer: 353
yes, those are new productions.
The originals were completely plastic, no metal. I believe they typically listed the '250' or '300' displacement up until at least 1963, if not even later.
I have also be curious about this and have been digging up more information, but I don't think I can give you any definitive answers at this point. I'm pretty sure anything you find will be repro, unless you are willing to spend many hundreds of dollars. Good quality reproductions are currently going for $75/pair from most reputable honda parts vendors.

EDIT:
This looks like the original badge, and the seller says it is an original part, but it is selling at a reproduction price. No experience with this seller, and no relation to the part/seller:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Honda-CB...-/320990736610
Old 10-31-2012, 11:26 PM   #5
Scrivens
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 441
The CB72s sold here had all plastic badges with the engine size on them. I've still got a damaged (unusable) one somewhere. Not many of the 305s around where I lived then as the registration fees for over 250cc bikes were very high and the small capacity increase made them hard to sell. Quite a market in 305 barrels and pistons though...
Scrivens is offline   Reply With Quote