User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2014, 02:39 PM   #1
SenaBluetooth OP
Motorcycle Bluetooth

Oddometer: 45
Sena Bluetooth - Motorcycle Bluetooth Communication Systems

Hello inmates of the ADVRider community, this is Sena Bluetooth. Since its first and flagship product, the SMH10 Bluetooth intercom/headset for Motorcycle helmets, Sena Bluetooth has been a leading provider of Bluetooth communication systems for power sports and other outdoor activities. With that said, Sena Bluetooth has joined the ADVRider forum so that we can communicate directly with this well-established community by providing information about our current products, upcoming releases such as new products and updates to our existing products.

Check out senabluetooth.com for information regarding all of our products. If you have any questions about our products, feel free to ask here in this forum.

Please look forward to our upcoming releases and as always, enjoy riding with Sena.

Sincerely,
Sena Bluetooth

**Latest Update**

Sena is releasing the 20S firmware v1.2:
It is a MUST upgrade firmware. Please download the new Sena Device Manager on the web, and just run it. The new firmware will be automatically downloaded. Please look into the notice below.
http://www.sena.com/sena-released-20...e-version-1-2/

Here's a brief on the new firmware.

- Increased audio volume for intercom, music and Bluetooth Audio Recording
- Improved multi-way intercom reliability
- Audio Boosting option
- Headset battery meter for iPhone
- Advanced Noise Control™ On/Off capability
- Voice command triggering by Ambient Mode button
- Bug fixes and improvements

SenaBluetooth screwed with this post 09-05-2014 at 09:52 AM
SenaBluetooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 03:43 PM   #2
Creation
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 513
Loved your product since day 1!

Welcome to the forum!
Creation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 04:38 PM   #3
CPRFAB
Banned

Oddometer: 208
Great stuff!

I personally own 4 sets of these and love them. 2 SMH-10's and 2 SMH-10R's. They work flawlessly and are very clear. I use them to listen to music from my iPhone, speak with my wife on the back of the bike or another rider who has one, and can answer the phone with them. I have actually walked a customer through an install while riding (true story) and they never knew I was on the freeway riding.

Question: Is there a wireless handlebar switch that has the same functions as the buttons on the side of the helmet? Letting go of the bars is not an option sometimes and I would love to have the ability to do it from the left grip.

Question 2: Is there a device to hook into an Icom race radio and communicate with that? We used a $450.00 system in the SCORE Baja races and it's bulky and rarely used. I would like to be able to use your system to 2-way with a hand-held radio. I think I've seen something to that end from you.
CPRFAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:18 PM   #4
Road Warrior
Pres Valley BMW Riders

Oddometer: 32
Thanks for joining ADV Rider Sena.

Another feather in your cap for excellent customer service.

I'm surprised no one has asked this question yet - when is the 20S system going to be available. There are "MANY" ADV Rider Inmates anxiously waiting for this system to be available.

Ron
Road Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:04 AM   #5
Smoke Eater 3
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 563
I'm holding off buying a bluetooth system until the 20 comes out.
Smoke Eater 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:27 AM   #6
Mastery
Mr. Funny Man

Oddometer: 953
Um, most vendors here post ADV exclusive discount codes on their offerings that blow away any discount offered in any other forum. Did I miss yours?
Old 03-19-2014, 01:26 PM   #7
SenaBluetooth OP
Motorcycle Bluetooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creation View Post
Loved your product since day 1!

Welcome to the forum!
Thank you for the warm welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPRFAB View Post
I have actually walked a customer through an install while riding (true story) and they never knew I was on the freeway riding.

Question: Is there a wireless handlebar switch that has the same functions as the buttons on the side of the helmet? Letting go of the bars is not an option sometimes and I would love to have the ability to do it from the left grip.

Question 2: Is there a device to hook into an Icom race radio and communicate with that? We used a $450.00 system in the SCORE Baja races and it's bulky and rarely used. I would like to be able to use your system to 2-way with a hand-held radio. I think I've seen something to that end from you.
That's amazing that you were able to help a customer while riding on the freeway.

In regards to your first question, that is a great idea for a product and we will take it into consideration. As for your second question, we have the SR10 which is a two-way radio adapter that is compatible with Icom radios with the use of our twin-pin connector cable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Warrior View Post
Thanks for joining ADV Rider Sena.

Another feather in your cap for excellent customer service.

I'm surprised no one has asked this question yet - when is the 20S system going to be available. There are "MANY" ADV Rider Inmates anxiously waiting for this system to be available.

Ron
Thank you for the kind welcome. As for your question, we are scheduled to release the 20S in the beginning of the 2nd quarter of 2014 and we are excited as much everyone else in trying the new features that seperate it from the SMH10.

On a side note, if you have the SMH10 and have not done so already, we highly suggest updating the firmware to v5.0 which is Sena's most recent release. The OP has been updated about this information.
Old 03-19-2014, 02:18 PM   #8
SenaBluetooth OP
Motorcycle Bluetooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastery View Post
Um, most vendors here post ADV exclusive discount codes on their offerings that blow away any discount offered in any other forum. Did I miss yours?

Sena has joined ADVRider to provide general product information and to help its members use Sena products by supporting (or troubleshooting) your application. Secondly, Sena encourages you guys to talk to us on this forum with any product related issues. Finally, we will not be selling our products here as Sena will leave that to other vendors on this forum.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:00 PM   #9
jlemond
King of No0bs

Oddometer: 156
And for those of you that missed it, Sena is already working with a vendor who offers an on going GB. http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=573145
jlemond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 04:08 PM   #10
schaffer40
I look lived in.....

Oddometer: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenaBluetooth View Post
Sena has joined ADVRider to provide general product information and to help its members use Sena products by supporting (or troubleshooting) your application. Secondly, Sena encourages you guys to talk to us on this forum with any product related issues. Finally, we will not be selling our products here as Sena will leave that to other vendors on this forum.
Very Diplomatic response.

And, BTW I love my recently purchased SMH5!!!

Punk Rock Changed My Life- The Minutemen
schaffer40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 04:24 PM   #11
anywheels
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Thumb

Another bump for a great product and excellent tech support. I just received an answer from Sena for an issue I had with my SMH10 and iPhone. The solution was a new app on the iPhone that changed my Bluetooth profile. I added my fix to an existing advrider post that I didn't know about, but the Sena team helped me out by getting their product to do what I wanted in the end. The new features and fixes with each firmware are also appreciated!
Simple product that works.
anywheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:24 PM   #12
Day13
Worst Avatar EVER!

Oddometer: 673
Quote:

On a side note, if you have the SMH10 and have not done so already, we highly suggest updating the firmware to v5.0 which is Sena's most recent release. The OP has been updated about this information.
Any idea when the firmware update is coming to the SMH10R?
Day13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:41 AM   #13
SenaBluetooth OP
Motorcycle Bluetooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day13 View Post
Any idea when the firmware update is coming to the SMH10R?
As we are rolling out the new firmware releases for each headset in the coming months, the v5.0 firmware for the SMH10R should be available to download next week. When it is available, we will update the OP with the information about the firmware.
Old 03-21-2014, 04:59 PM   #14
Day13
Worst Avatar EVER!

Oddometer: 673
Quote:
As we are rolling out the new firmware releases for each headset in the coming months, the v5.0 firmware for the SMH10R should be available to download next week. When it is available, we will update the OP with the information about the firmware.

Great. Looking forward to it. Thanks!
Day13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 05:04 PM   #15
mrphotoman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,028
I tried out my headset today after the software update, big improvement in sound quality and wind noise filtering. Also the universal headset mode works great
mrphotoman is offline   Reply With Quote