ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-02-2013, 12:05 PM   #1
Dom_BMWMCO OP
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Question Garmin Zumo 550 and Schuberth SRC (or Scala Rider G4)

I have just returned from the Finger Lakes rally in Watkins Glen, NY and it appears I have also joined the quickly increasing club of frustrated users of the BlueTooth technology courtesy of Garmin and Cardo/Schuberth.
Here is a quick description of my (and my rider friend set-ups):
Schuberth C3 and C3 Pro with SRC system installed. I have the C3 and the SRC software version is V3.0 and both systems have been updated as recently as last week. I forget what version my friend has but it is the most recent.
Garmin Zumo 550 with version 5.0 of the software (the most recent)
I have first paired my iPhone 4 with the Zumo 550
I have then paired my SRC headset to the Zumo 550
My friend has paired his C3 Pro to nothing else besides my helmet.
Both helmets have been successfully paired using button "A"
The issue we are having is that the intercom will not work (with VOX enabled) if the Zumo is turned ON and Bluetooth is enabled. If the Bluetooth is disabled, intercom is fine. The second I turn the Bluetooth ON there is no way to make the intercom work (the FM radio also shuts off and will not come back).
The intercom feature with VOX works really well and quickly re-acquires the connection if that was lost because of distance or obstacle. When speeds increase, it is of course more difficult to understand the other rider because of the noise in the helmets. We have used it extensively and except for the early learning curve and the challenge of waking up the system we are happy with it. We have received many suggestions to actually do away with VOX and keep the mikes opened but that is another story.
When I ride alone, I have used the cell phone features and have listened to the Zumo lady give me instructions so I know that, separately, all these features work as advertised. The FM feature also works (kind of).
I have communicated with someone from Schuberth in CA who assured me that there are no known issues with the SRC and the Zumo 550. I know better than believing that I am the only one out there with the problem.
Anyone out there with a solution so that I get to use the full functionality of the set-up?
Thanks,
Dominique Rambie
Mississauga, ON
Dom_BMWMCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:10 PM   #2
toy4fun
GET out of the way

Oddometer: 244
The are fibbers. my first SRC would loose volume on one side or the other for radio when the ZUmo 550 lady would talk. This would reset if I powered it down. BMW kept telling me it was just me but a new SRC proved that to be incorrect. The system seems to get lost when you task it to do all the things they say it can do (on some units) when the auto volume thing is trying to compensate for wind noise. have them give you a different one and try again. And load your iphone with music and turn off the FM it sucks unless you are in the parking lot of the FM station you are listening to. PLACE DISCLAIMER HERE FOR LIABILITY PURPOSES.
toy4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 03:04 AM   #3
9Dave
Bazinga!

Oddometer: 12,697
Try a search - plenty of old threads on Schubert and using with Zumo 550s.

IIRC, the results were not always happy ones for Schubert users.

dunno.....
9Dave is offline   Reply With Quote