Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Hacks
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2012, 09:20 AM   #16
Melrone
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 920
Now thats a neat place for a rally.And a days ride for me...Cool!!!!!!!!!!!
Melrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:27 AM   #17
BeeMaa
Hack Pilot

Oddometer: 1,098
I had a very similar experience to this with Claude too.
What was planned to be about a 1/2 hour shop tour turned into a 3+ hour q&a session.
Claude and his team are top shelf and have helped me out several times.
Most recently with a recommendation for a rear shock, for which he received no monetary compensation.
He does it because he cares and that's what makes it special.
I do my best to thank him with gifts of coffee, pipe tobacco and Pringles.

Cheers Claude.

BTW - Did you ever come up with a name for that new chair?
You know I'm still pushing "The Freedom Flyer"

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. Robert A. Heinlein
BeeMaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:00 PM   #18
XL-erate
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 154
I've never done business with or contacted Claude in any way, but I know a lot about him. From all of the sidecar forums and message boards I've gotten a real clear picture of the measure of the man.

With so many, even the vast majority, the main thing in their minds is what profit they can somehow get out of a contact or verbal exchange or whatever. Time and time again, countless now, Claude steps forward and offers excellent, wise, clear and detailed assistance to total strangers with no strings attached, free of charge! He's not manipulating folks for a future profit but instead just opening up his vast store of knowledge to freely share. Even when people are being a jerk he contiues to patiently walk them through and get them straightened out, at least on sidecars.

How many times have I read where his door is open and you're invited to just drop in, relax and set a spell, enjoy your visit and nothing expected in return? I've seen many times, more than I could ever remember, where he shared mechanical stuff that took him some considerable sweat and blood to design, the hard way, and then to work out the kinks at his expense, just given freely to make some stranger's life easier! Life isn't just about what you can get out of it. No, sometimes the much bigger picture is all about what you can give back into it for all that you've received.

Top of the heap if you ask me! Thanks, Claude, a job very well done!

And please, no reply necessary, sir, because I know stuff like this is embarrassing and awkward. Keep up the good work!
XL-erate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:34 AM   #19
jackhett
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by XL-erate View Post
I've never done business with or contacted Claude in any way, but I know a lot about him. From all of the sidecar forums and message boards I've gotten a real clear picture of the measure of the man.

With so many, even the vast majority, the main thing in their minds is what profit they can somehow get out of a contact or verbal exchange or whatever. Time and time again, countless now, Claude steps forward and offers excellent, wise, clear and detailed assistance to total strangers with no strings attached, free of charge! He's not manipulating folks for a future profit but instead just opening up his vast store of knowledge to freely share. Even when people are being a jerk he contiues to patiently walk them through and get them straightened out, at least on sidecars.

How many times have I read where his door is open and you're invited to just drop in, relax and set a spell, enjoy your visit and nothing expected in return? I've seen many times, more than I could ever remember, where he shared mechanical stuff that took him some considerable sweat and blood to design, the hard way, and then to work out the kinks at his expense, just given freely to make some stranger's life easier! Life isn't just about what you can get out of it. No, sometimes the much bigger picture is all about what you can give back into it for all that you've received.

Top of the heap if you ask me! Thanks, Claude, a job very well done!

And please, no reply necessary, sir, because I know stuff like this is embarrassing and awkward. Keep up the good work!
This is exactly why I chose CSM to build a custom sidecar for me 4 years ago. I was impressed by Claude's willingness to help any & all without looking for something for himself.

He has since built a second rig for me. I couldn't be more pleased.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:00 AM   #20
claude
Sidecar Jockey

Oddometer: 3,562
This isn't Claude..I hijacked his PC...just wanted to respond to the fella's out there commenting on his work ethic. Claude is the kind of guy who ALWAYS puts his friends and clients first!!! He's NEVER got a day off, when you get to know him, you'll realize that he just LOVES what he does!!!! Super nice guy who loves to put his all into his projects!!!

Founder: Internet Sidecar Owners Klub at SCT
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/SCT/

President: C Stanley Motorsports Inc.
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/...rsandTrailers/

http://freedomsidecars.com/
claude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:47 AM   #21
FR700
Heckler™©®

Oddometer: 6,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude View Post
This isn't Claude..I hijacked his PC...

Soooo ... you're a ... hacker ?

Old 12-08-2012, 12:57 PM   #22
airspro
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude View Post
This isn't Claude..I hijacked his PC...just wanted to respond to the fella's out there commenting on his work ethic. Claude is the kind of guy who ALWAYS puts his friends and clients first!!! He's NEVER got a day off, when you get to know him, you'll realize that he just LOVES what he does!!!! Super nice guy who loves to put his all into his projects!!!
I have to say after reading more here and doing more research on the web , I am more impressed than ever .
airspro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:25 PM   #23
Jimm Dandy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 120
never met the man

SURE do wish he would move out west
Jimm Dandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:18 PM   #24
twintwin
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 642
This thread is useless without at least one picture! so meet the MAN.
And now I'm sure your fan club will grow by the second .
twintwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:51 PM   #25
sidecarstar
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
He looks deep in thought,dont he? Everyone has complimented him so much that hat doesn't fit anymore! LOL Claude is a good guy and a good friend.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:47 AM   #26
claude
Sidecar Jockey

Oddometer: 3,562
Wow...I debated on whether to respond to this thread or not. Kinda embarrasing, as someone mentioned, but it is flattering at the same time. Embarrising in that it is not just me here at CSM who has the mindset described here. All of us are on the same page in a group effort to make a good product and to establish friends within the sidecar world that we all are in.

Those at CSM, John, Bill, Krystal and Nick as well as Bob G, Angie, George, Dug and Dave are all very dedicated and comitted to the same goal. Our vendors who we use regularly are also on board in the same way. I am so so thankful to all who are invloved. The goal is to make the sidecar world a better place for those who are in it already and also to help others and newbies see what all the fun is about in a safe and sound fashion.If we can do this and keep the lights burning in this economy that is not a bad thing.

In fact when you think about it there are only a few companies in this country who are doing sidecars as their main objective. I can say without hesitation that others such as Dave and RuthAnne Hannigan(Hannigan Motorsports), Bob Darden (Texas Sidecars), Mary Sontag (Motorvation engineering), Broc and Pete Smith at Side Effects, Pete Larsen at Liberty ,Doug Bingham and others have made their life around sidecars.
Lots of dedication has went into these businesses with the goal of putting their customers first. It is you guys out there who help to keep all of us afloat. No one is getting rich doing this stuff in a monetary fashion but the payoff in smiles and friendships made is much more important than what money can buy.
So, and I can speak for all above I think, I say thank you for the kind words. It is much appreciated.

Founder: Internet Sidecar Owners Klub at SCT
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/SCT/

President: C Stanley Motorsports Inc.
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/...rsandTrailers/

http://freedomsidecars.com/

claude screwed with this post 12-11-2012 at 05:54 AM
claude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:03 AM   #27
davebig
Another Angry Hun !

Oddometer: 2,960
Hmmmmm !

All of the above and he's humble too !
Old 12-10-2012, 03:33 PM   #28
kailuasurfer
Dreamer

Oddometer: 359
Claude, hope you are doing well. I may start another project just to hang with you and your crew again .

kailuasurfer is offline   Reply With Quote