LoneStar OP
WhoopDeDoofus

Oddometer: 1,211
LoneStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:51 AM   #17
Texcollect
Adventurer wannabe

Oddometer: 199
I can't comment on the Bags Connection stuff, but I used this procedure to make a Nelson Rigg SLR quick release. Cost me about $20 for the ring, assorted nuts and bolts, and a piece of 1/4 plywood !!
Old 11-05-2012, 02:01 PM   #18
Dubl-A
SuckerDucker

Oddometer: 1,789
For me, the dust builds up in the bag underside mount and becomes difficult to remove. After a good washing it works fine again.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:15 PM   #19
WADE-O
Adventurer

Oddometer: 81
I have the smaller one i think it is the city. Not super sure because it was on the bike when i bough it. But i love it it is big enough to get everything out of my pockets and my camera. I just use a regular sized camera not like an SLR or anything like that. It also expands by a zipper that goes around it to make it taller and that is really nice as well. I just run stock handelbars and no cross bar or anything like that and have never had a problem with it coming in contact with anything. I hardly even notice that it is there at all. I can also take it off with one hand and it takes maybe 2 seconds at the most. Also since it hangs above the tank no worries about wear marks or anything like that. And with all my slow speed tip overs nothing to complain about at all. Hope my novel helped :)

STAY POSITIVE AND LOVE YOUR LIFE - 311
WADE-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:34 AM   #20
Twempie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 199
Been on several bikes

I've never had a problem with my TT City Bag. But I don't like it on the GS, so now it's on the island of misfit gear.
Twempie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:53 AM   #21
lhendrik
Truffle Rustler

Oddometer: 2,294
I have a GS bag on my GSA. After 3-4 years it is faded. The main access zipper has crapped out. I plan to get the zipper replaced and use the bad some more. I want to get the newer EVO GS to replace this, but I went and bought a nice used BMW GS bag that has the old stretch band crappy mount but look pretty and now I'm invested on that for a while, but will probably use the Engage bag again once my local luggage repair/shoe repair guy puts in a new zipper.

The mount system works great, as intended, a bit stiff to get on and off when overstuffed as it always is at gas stops, etc.

I tried the electrical ring, but screwed it up when I though the relay wasn't working, and i don't think the little pins are worth much. I now have an SAE wire coming into the bag through a powerlet port and that works great for charging lots of stuff at the same time, like iPhone, iPad and even my Sena when it runs down which is never.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:48 AM   #22
moymurfs

Oddometer: 2,177
The engage bag I had faded a little but quickly sagged and started making contact with the finish. I never packed it full, wallet and a bottle of water. It was the model that had the same contour as the tank, that is where it sagged. I went back to my Big Mack setup.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:51 AM   #23
LoneStar OP
WhoopDeDoofus

Oddometer: 1,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twempie View Post
I've never had a problem with my TT City Bag. But I don't like it on the GS, so now it's on the island of misfit gear.
What's the scoop? Why no likey?
LoneStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:53 PM   #24
JTT
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twempie View Post
Interested in selling? I've been wanting a City

I have an Engage now and concur with most of the comments...I love the system. I've had a little sagging with mine but I tend to overload it regularly (hence looking for a City for a little more capacity). It's been dead reliable and very well made. Faded but not worn. Great design that has made me hate straps.
JTT is offline   Reply With Quote