Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2013, 07:47 AM   #286
genka
SUV hater

Oddometer: 1,451
I agree that the lumen ratings mean nothing. But can you explain, what makes your lights different? Judging from the pictures they are similar to other Chinese lights. They have basic optics producing a conical beam with no well-defined cut-off. Such lights can have a wide and short beam or very narrow and long. There is no magic- you can't get much more output from a 10W LED than other vendors even with top bin emitters. I would like to find lights which at least attempts to recreate a proper driving pattern- a wide flat beam with sharp cut off on the top, but it looks like they don't exist.

Форум мотоциклистов в США http://www.xytopok.net/mvnforum/listthreads?forum=31
genka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:31 AM   #287
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by genka View Post
I agree that the lumen ratings mean nothing. But can you explain, what makes your lights different? Judging from the pictures they are similar to other Chinese lights. They have basic optics producing a conical beam with no well-defined cut-off. Such lights can have a wide and short beam or very narrow and long. I would like to find lights which at least attempts to recreate a proper driving pattern- a wide flat beam with sharp cut off on the top, but it looks like they don't exist.
Actually they do. We have a elliptical beam on a few of the smaller lights.
We sell these to OEM's but can also offer those to the public.

There is a lot that goes into an LED that most don't realize.
LEDs create a ton of heat, that heat needs to be managed in an effective way. Electronic Thermal management is the best way to accomplish that. The majority of Chinese light have no thermal management, thats the biggest reason they fail.
Separate Pin PWM keeps the led operating at a constant voltage. This makes the emitter last longer, Chinese lights don't offer that.

There is no magic- you can't get much more output from a 10W LED than other vendors even with top bin emitters.

Well, Yes we can. Although its not Magic, LEDs can and do differ greatly with the same emitter.
Driving voltage and proper circuit controls will make a big difference as well as bin selection of the emitter, most all Chinese lights use sub bin emitters, although they will tell you different.
Its all in the optics.Bigger,quality reflector, more light output. Its fairly simple.
This 10 watt light will out shine(distance) any current LED aux light available.
Wait till you see whats in the pipe Good by HID.

What really separates these lights from Chinese made lights are durability, Build Quality, Warranty, over all performance and Value.
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:02 AM   #288
obnoxious2
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
Quote:
I agree that the lumen ratings mean nothing. But can you explain, what makes your lights different? Judging from the pictures they are similar to other Chinese lights. They have basic optics producing a conical beam with no well-defined cut-off. Such lights can have a wide and short beam or very narrow and long. There is no magic- you can't get much more output from a 10W LED than other vendors even with top bin emitters. I would like to find lights which at least attempts to recreate a proper driving pattern- a wide flat beam with sharp cut off on the top, but it looks like they don't exist.
These produce a very nice sharp and wide beam. It's a round beam so you won't get your requested driving light cut off. But I know off zero LED manufacturers/brands that have LED driving light cutoff

ps- I see that you're up in Baltimore. If you're ever in the Silver Spring area, you're welcome to stop by and see the lights.
obnoxious2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:41 AM   #289
genka
SUV hater

Oddometer: 1,451
Thanks for the answer. Sorry if it came out sharp, I didn't mean to offend, I'm genuinely interested in the technology and I currently bought a light which looks almost like your NXG. I have a set of Chinese lights on my bike, after almost 2 years 2 LEDs out 7 in one light died. And the lights are fully sealed, no repair possible. They have a very wide pattern, so they don't reach far, but are very visible from almost any angle. I see that those lights aren't designed for vehicle use, they are good for general illumination. I noticed that most of city buses in Baltimore now have full LED headlights, so technology is there. I can't wait to see your next offerings.
obnoxious2, thanks for your offer, I'll keep it in mind if I'll be in the area.

Форум мотоциклистов в США http://www.xytopok.net/mvnforum/listthreads?forum=31
genka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:35 PM   #290
WarHorse1961
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Your originally said they're available in white, but I didn't see that option on your website. Are they, in fact, available in white?

Thanks.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-26-2013, 03:52 PM   #291
Chop Chop
Hector erector

Oddometer: 1,578
Thanks Darryl, round optimus lights arrived. Quite impressed with the quality and ruggedness of the product.

I'm glad I ordered the round, as I didn't want the blocky look of the square for the size that they are.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:57 AM   #292
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Thanks for the answer. Sorry if it came out sharp, I didn't mean to offend, I'm genuinely interested in the technology and I currently bought a light which looks almost like your NXG. I have a set of Chinese lights on my bike, after almost 2 years 2 LEDs out 7 in one light died. And the lights are fully sealed, no repair possible. They have a very wide pattern, so they don't reach far, but are very visible from almost any angle. I see that those lights aren't designed for vehicle use, they are good for general illumination. I noticed that most of city buses in Baltimore now have full LED headlights, so technology is there. I can't wait to see your next offerings.
obnoxious2, thanks for your offer, I'll keep it in mind if I'll be in the area.
NOt at all, I hope I didn't come off as defensive.
I welcome the comparison/Questions in particular to the Chinese made lights.
Many think that an LED is an LED, Nothing could be farther from the truth. This technology is moving fast, good things are here with more coming.

People that are buying LEDs based solely on price will loose out in the long run.

The NXG has been copied by a Chinese company, not near the same quality,or light output, but the case looks almost identical. The troops have been called in.
1-800-624-0278
Old 04-27-2013, 09:59 AM   #293
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chop Chop View Post
Thanks Darryl, round optimus lights arrived. Quite impressed with the quality and ruggedness of the product.

I'm glad I ordered the round, as I didn't want the blocky look of the square for the size that they are.
Thank You
1-800-624-0278
Old 04-27-2013, 10:02 AM   #294
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarHorse1961 View Post
Your originally said they're available in white, but I didn't see that option on your website. Are they, in fact, available in white?

Thanks.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
The marine industry uses the white. They are available , however I don't think we will put them on the site.
If you want white send me a PM and we will get you set up.
Thanks
1-800-624-0278
Old 04-28-2013, 10:58 AM   #295
AndyM
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 320
What is the difference in throw range between the 10 and 20 degree round Optimus lights?
AndyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:50 AM   #296
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
What is the difference in throw range between the 10 and 20 degree round Optimus lights?
You loose about 150 ft of total distance with the 20 degree. the far tree is approx 375 ft from the Camera

10 degree

20 degree
1-800-624-0278
Old 04-29-2013, 02:13 PM   #297
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by obnoxious2 View Post
These produce a very nice sharp and wide beam. It's a round beam so you won't get your requested driving light cut off. But I know off zero LED manufacturers/brands that have LED driving light cutoff

ps- I see that you're up in Baltimore. If you're ever in the Silver Spring area, you're welcome to stop by and see the lights.

We can install elliptical beam patterns in any of the penatrator light bars.
I just never think of that due to my personal lighting needs.
Round beams work better off road.
1-800-624-0278
Old 04-30-2013, 05:37 AM   #298
doc dogg
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
This thread looks to be the most comprehensive one I've seen on LED lights so far, really goes a long way to instilling confidence in the product.

I'm in the market for some lights for my R1200C and after reading this thread I might have to investigate these ones further :)
doc dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:03 PM   #299
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc dogg View Post
This thread looks to be the most comprehensive one I've seen on LED lights so far, really goes a long way to instilling confidence in the product.

I'm in the market for some lights for my R1200C and after reading this thread I might have to investigate these ones further :)
Thanks Doc. I have little room or tolerance for BS.
Its what has set us apart from other vendors in the dirt bike world and hopefully does the same here.
I might not sell as many units due to it, but I would rather be straight up than sell someone something they would regret later.
1-800-624-0278
Old 04-30-2013, 10:31 PM   #300
AndyM
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc dogg View Post
These were my thoughts also. Then after spending a half hour on the phone with them yesterday I was even more convinced. Now I'm just waiting on the big brown truck to deliver later this week.
AndyM is offline   Reply With Quote