Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2013, 05:35 PM   #376
Adrian V
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 464
How much bigger/heavier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops Motorsports View Post
There is a new 25 watt single emitter light that is about to come out that does offer diffusers of different beam patterns and colors. We will stock clear and Amber.
The lights are a bit bigger than the Opt. long range, but extremely potent.
I'm hoping to find 2 lights that will fit in a particular headlight cowling. Do you know how much bigger/heavier/deeper these 25w lights might be? Are we talking about the Light Canon?

Cheers,

Adrian
Adrian V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:50 PM   #377
D K
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 480
Looking to add 2 lights for my Super Enduro

Since I cant seem to find anything to fit in the stock light housing, im thinking of adding 2 aux lights. What would you recommend?

David
08 950SE for sale in SoCal
09 FE570 patiently waiting..
D K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:06 AM   #378
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by D K View Post
Since I cant seem to find anything to fit in the stock light housing, im thinking of adding 2 aux lights. What would you recommend?

David
The SE is tough unless you want to replace the stock light entirely or go with Auxiliary lights.

If you have the room, I would recommend the long Range, If not The NXG Prime LEDs work very well. They are very light,compact and offer the same lifetime warranty as most all of Cyclops products.
http://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/?page=products&id=136
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:41 AM   #379
obnoxious2
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian V View Post
I'm hoping to find 2 lights that will fit in a particular headlight cowling. Do you know how much bigger/heavier/deeper these 25w lights might be? Are we talking about the Light Canon?

Cheers,

Adrian
Dang, had known another powerful LED light was coming out I would have waited for that. Those specs look ridiculous.
obnoxious2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:12 PM   #380
D K
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 480
Whats the lumens and the range of the NXG vs LR?

D

Quote:
The SE is tough unless you want to replace the stock light entirely or go with Auxiliary lights.

If you have the room, I would recommend the long Range, If not The NXG Prime LEDs work very well. They are very light,compact and offer the same lifetime warranty as most all of Cyclops products.
http://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/?page=products&id=136
08 950SE for sale in SoCal
09 FE570 patiently waiting..
D K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:33 AM   #381
kojack
My bikes Suck!

Oddometer: 933
Quote:
What specs would youn like? most are listed above. 10 watts per XML emitter.
If your asking for lumens. I am the first to say lumen ratings are a farce on the public. Lumen ratings are a measurement of light at the source, not taking into account of optics, heat dissipation, vibration resistance or over all performance.
Fact is watt per watt these are the highest performing LED lights available.and the longest throw of ANY current LED aux light no matter what the wattage.
comparison videos to fallow.
Thank you for stating this. Lumens have NO IMPACT on how much light is put out. I have 55w HID on my Jeep, rated at about 5000 lumens each, I have not seen an LED light bar from any manufacturer come close to my HID lighting for distance, not even the 50" 75,000 lumen whoppers people use on their Jeeps.

Your lights look promising for my versys however! I may have to get a set to try...
kojack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:27 AM   #382
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kojack View Post
Thank you for stating this. Lumens have NO IMPACT on how much light is put out. I have 55w HID on my Jeep, rated at about 5000 lumens each, I have not seen an LED light bar from any manufacturer come close to my HID lighting for distance, not even the 50" 75,000 lumen whoppers people use on their Jeeps.

Your lights look promising for my versys however! I may have to get a set to try...
Thank You. Lumens do not mean squat,I get a lot of sideways looks when I tell a customer that, for the most part its marketing BS to get your hard earned dollars.
There are now LED lights that will outdo your HID, the new 25 watt single emitter light is extremely impressive, as are the Long range.
Its a bit large for most bikes at 4.5 inch Dia, it is by far the best preforming LED light I have ever seen.
1-800-624-0278
Old 06-10-2013, 08:30 AM   #383
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by D K View Post
Whats the lumens and the range of the NXG vs LR?

D
The lumen rating would be the same as they both use Cree XML-T6 emitters. Dont buy a light based on lumen ratings
The difference is in the optics.
The NXG prime is good for approx 200- 250 ft.
1-800-624-0278
Old 06-10-2013, 10:37 AM   #384
kojack
My bikes Suck!

Quote:
Thank You. Lumens do not mean squat,I get a lot of sideways looks when I tell a customer that, for the most part its marketing BS to get your hard earned dollars.
There are now LED lights that will outdo your HID, the new 25 watt single emitter light is extremely impressive, as are the Long range.
Its a bit large for most bikes at 4.5 inch Dia, it is by far the best preforming LED light I have ever seen.
Yeah...4.5 is a bit big, I like the look of the long range light tho, the little square one with 10deg beam...longer the better in these parts...My HID hellas get over 1000 m of useful light. hard to go back to something weaker.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:51 PM   #385
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Yeah...4.5 is a bit big, I like the look of the long range light tho, the little square one with 10deg beam...longer the better in these parts...My HID hellas get over 1000 m of useful light. hard to go back to something weaker.
Ive never seen any Aux HID or LED light reach 1000 Meters, that must be one big sob. An 8" race light doesnt even come close to that.
1-800-624-0278
Old 06-11-2013, 11:19 AM   #386
kojack
My bikes Suck!

Quote:
Ive never seen any Aux HID or LED light reach 1000 Meters, that must be one big sob. An 8" race light doesnt even come close to that.
lots of HID lights can do that, lightforce HID get 1500m. Hella HID like mine get between 1000 and 1200m. HID regularly surpass 1000m of light. LED on the other hand so far has problems getting past 300m, im very optimistic on your lights tho and willing to give them a try.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:58 PM   #387
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
lots of HID lights can do that, lightforce HID get 1500m. Hella HID like mine get between 1000 and 1200m. HID regularly surpass 1000m of light. LED on the other hand so far has problems getting past 300m, im very optimistic on your lights tho and willing to give them a try.
Thanks, I appreciate the open mind.
True, but those are 9 and 10 inch lights, These are 3 inch.
apples to apples these preform as well or better than any HID in the size range.
The Long Range Optimus will not reach 300 meters, They will hit 650 ft.
That makes them the longest throw compact LED lights on the market.
The bigger 4.5" Long Range will hit the 300 meter mark.
1-800-624-0278
Old 06-12-2013, 03:03 AM   #388
kojack
My bikes Suck!

Quote:
Thanks, I appreciate the open mind.
True, but those are 9 and 10 inch lights, These are 3 inch.
apples to apples these preform as well or better than any HID in the size range.
The Long Range Optimus will not reach 300 meters, They will hit 650 ft.
That makes them the longest throw compact LED lights on the market.
The bigger 4.5" Long Range will hit the 300 meter mark.
Mine are 6 in lights, and yes too big for a normal bike. I should have specified. Sorry for the confusion. I was stating that this is the amount of light I'm used to. 55w hella hids on my jeep puts out a shitload of light past 1000m. I need light like this as I do a lot of late night driving.

I am totally interested in the long range led light for my bike if they reach over 600 ft. We have a very large number of moose here and the more light the merrier as far as you can toss it down the road. Gives you more reaction time.

Sent from my A210 using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-13-2013, 06:55 AM   #389
obnoxious2
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
Quote:
Mine are 6 in lights, and yes too big for a normal bike. I should have specified. Sorry for the confusion. I was stating that this is the amount of light I'm used to. 55w hella hids on my jeep puts out a shitload of light past 1000m. I need light like this as I do a lot of late night driving.

I am totally interested in the long range led light for my bike if they reach over 600 ft. We have a very large number of moose here and the more light the merrier as far as you can toss it down the road. Gives you more reaction time.

Sent from my A210 using Tapatalk 2
A key part of these lights and any long distance lights is that they have to be mounted and aimed properly. Specifically I have realized that the higher you mount them the better coverage you see. On a bike it is very hard to mount it higher that your head like you can in a jeep. These optimus throw so much light I light up overhead signs on the road 1/4 mile away.

Here are some more pics (took me long enough). They are dual 20 degrees. I am still having a little trouble getting the lights to stay put on my own made bracket + bolts with a bunch of washers so the left side slightly dropped a few mm after a whole day of riding. Also, the left side is aimed normal while the right side is aimed higher. Doesn't blind cars with the dimmer on and helps me get noticed at intersections.

Low beam:

High beam:
obnoxious2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:35 AM   #390
kojack
My bikes Suck!

they look really bright out in front of you...but here is what im used to in my jeep....Cyclops have been discussing off thread about his lights and I am def. in for trying a set of 10deg long range. Im not going to get output like my jeep, but hopfully much much further down the road than stock.

Here's some shots of my Hella 500 50w HID 4300K.

the person in the last one is about 5-600 ft or a bit further away...I zoomed in a bit.

As you can see the amount of light from my hellas is crazy...but thats what I need when I drive in a place where its not uncommon to see 20 moose on the road in a 2.5 hr drive.