Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2013, 07:49 PM   #571
Brad-Man
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
I don't know if I am getting to the new site or not, but I definitely don't see the LR Extreme lights on the one I can get to...
Brad-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:23 AM   #572
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad-Man View Post
I don't know if I am getting to the new site or not, but I definitely don't see the LR Extreme lights on the one I can get to...
You are and they are not on there yet. We are selling to some trusting riders. Im happy to help with a pm or call
We have so much going on, with 24 hr races and snowmobile shows, just getting our main products on the new site was a challenge.
Things will settle down a bit here in a few weeks. Then we can finish loading products etc.
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:23 AM   #573
ballshot
nOOb in training

Oddometer: 49
Thanks Shaggie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggie View Post
Looks great Billy!

any change of a few more pics of your actual mounts inc the back of the mirror mounts? ie inside the fairing - i'm trying to get an idea of how substantial the mirror mounts are compared to my Superhawks.....ie do you get any wobble or vibration of the beam?

cheers very much

Shaggie
Sorry I haven't posted sooner. I was busy getting ready for, participating in, and recovering from, the Void Rally. I will take some more pics in the next week or so. Taking pic's inside the fairing will be difficult without removing it but I will give it a try. The mounts seem to be okay, I didn't notice any vibration while using the lights. I did mount them as close as I could to the base to minimize vibration. The mounts are very basic, just 1/8" steel from HD. I bent them using a torch, vise, and hammer, then coated them with spray-on plasti-dip.

I can definitely see the benefit to wiring them into the high beam switch b/c I was constantly switching both switches to low for oncoming traffic. I was really surprised how many cars are out at 4am on the back roads of Kentucky.

The lights themselves worked great. I actually used them several times just to illuminate objects that I had to photograph. The only thing I might have done differently is possibly go with two 10 degree lights instead of the 10/20 combo. My regular lights seemed to fill the immediate area in front of the bike adequately.
ballshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 05:26 PM   #574
Gezerbike
Hey Rocky...........

Oddometer: 3,362
[QUOTE=ballshot;22595495

I can definitely see the benefit to wiring them into the high beam switch b/c I was constantly switching both switches to low for oncoming traffic. I was really surprised how many cars are out at 4am on the back roads of Kentucky.
[/QUOTE]

All comin' home from the cousins house I suppose...........

Mike

2012 R 1200 GS RALLYE 1997 Suzuki DR 350 SE
Gezerbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:59 AM   #575
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Onewheeldrive.com Press release

http://www.onewheeldrive.net/2013/10/20/cyclops-and-konflict-get-their-race-on/
Cant wait for the race this weekend!
1-800-624-0278
Old 10-21-2013, 09:02 AM   #576
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballshot View Post
Sorry I haven't posted sooner. I was busy getting ready for, participating in, and recovering from, the Void Rally. I will take some more pics in the next week or so. Taking pic's inside the fairing will be difficult without removing it but I will give it a try. The mounts seem to be okay, I didn't notice any vibration while using the lights. I did mount them as close as I could to the base to minimize vibration. The mounts are very basic, just 1/8" steel from HD. I bent them using a torch, vise, and hammer, then coated them with spray-on plasti-dip.

The lights themselves worked great. I actually used them several times just to illuminate objects that I had to photograph. The only thing I might have done differently is possibly go with two 10 degree lights instead of the 10/20 combo. My regular lights seemed to fill the immediate area in front of the bike adequately.

Try leaving your headlight on high and only dimming the LEds.
I think there are real benefits to not having these lights set to operate with the high beams, In town for instance where you may not want the LED's on high, but want to use your high beam.
1-800-624-0278
Old 10-21-2013, 05:36 PM   #577
twinrider
pass the catnip

Oddometer: 9,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road Ryder View Post
Try leaving your headlight on high and only dimming the LEds.
I think there are real benefits to not having these lights set to operate with the high beams, In town for instance where you may not want the LED's on high, but want to use your high beam.
There's an easy solution that I use. I have my leds wired to go on with my high beam, but they also have an independent on/off switch so if I wanted to use my high beams only, I would just switch off my leds.

That said, I can't imagine any scenario where I'd want to use my high beams without my leds unless I wanted to reduce electric power consumption. The high beams alone are blinding for oncoming traffic, especially since I installed Morimoto HIDs in place of the H7 bulbs.
twinrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:05 PM   #578
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

24 Hr race Food drive

If your local and want to see some Big Adventure bikes racing against the 450's come on out and help a great cause.

Our Team is putting together a food drive for the Goldendale food bank, we are giving away tickets to the raffle with a donation of food or cash.
Prizes include a Cyclops LED Adventure light, a Giant Loop Mojave, a few Clairisonic toothbrushes, a suspension service from Konflict just to name a few.
The Food bank has asked for donations of "meals" such as chili, soup, stew and mac&cheese as well as fruit.

Please come by and help those that are less fortunate., plus you might win some cool stuff
Pits 5&7
1-800-624-0278
Old 10-22-2013, 04:39 PM   #579
900rider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 641
^^
Awesome
900rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:16 AM   #580
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 900rider View Post
^^
Awesome
Thanks 900 rider. There is more to business than just educating users and selling product.
1-800-624-0278
Old 10-24-2013, 05:09 PM   #581
Dirt_Bag
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gezerbike View Post
All comin' home from the cousins house I suppose...........
Not wiring to high beams gives you more options. Off, Low set with dimmer, And high. Independent of main lighting options.
Run them on high during the day. And high with high beams at night. 50% at night with the dimmer won't blind oncoming cars as long as you aim them at the road.
I have them on a 13 Vstrom ADV mounted to crash bars, Low enough not to blind people
Dirt_Bag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:16 PM   #582
twinrider
pass the catnip

Oddometer: 9,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt_Bag View Post
Not wiring to high beams gives you more options. Off, Low set with dimmer, And high. Independent of main lighting options.
Run them on high during the day. And high with high beams at night. 50% at night with the dimmer won't blind oncoming cars as long as you aim them at the road.
I've got a friend with a set of the 10s. Even at 50 percent they're very bright in the daytime if he's behind me going over bumps etc. On high they'd be extremely annoying. And at night at 50 percent they'd have to be aimed so low that they'd be useless as long-distance lights when you flicked them to 100 percent.

IMO the best set up is 20 percent in the day, 100 percent at night and aimed/wired to go to 100 percent with the highbeams. Strafing twisties you don't want to be messing around with 2 switches.

Of course YMMV if you live in an area with very little traffic.
twinrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:47 AM   #583
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinrider View Post
I've got a friend with a set of the 10s. Even at 50 percent they're very bright in the daytime if he's behind me going over bumps etc. On high they'd be extremely annoying. And at night at 50 percent they'd have to be aimed so low that they'd be useless as long-distance lights when you flicked them to 100 percent.

IMO the best set up is 20 percent in the day, 100 percent at night and aimed/wired to go to 100 percent with the highbeams. Strafing twisties you don't want to be messing around with 2 switches.

Of course YMMV if you live in an area with very little traffic.
I highly disagree.
I don't have issues with oncoming cars at all, and certainly don't live in a rural area.
I have found the larger reflector LEDs to put out far less glare than an LED's with the same power in a small reflector.
No reason to mess with two switches, leave the high beams on.
Why the heck would you run any led at 20% during the day, they should be at 100%
1-800-624-0278
Old 10-28-2013, 12:03 PM   #584
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

What a weekend!

Our 24 hr Team the Heavyweights had a blast racing our KTM 990s against dirt bikes in the 24 hrs of Starvation ridge.
We battled hard for a win in the sportsman class but fell slightly short at the end with a scoring error, still placed 2nd in class and 17th out of 96 teams for the overall. Who says Big bikes cant beat up on 450's?

The night laps where of course my favorites. We all ran the new Long Range extremes. my personal night laps where 2 minutes longer than day laps. I averaged 54 minute laps.

My first night lap was clear and fast, the second was very foggy with about 10 to 50 ft visibility, running the amber covers worked great and I lost count as to how many bikes I passed.

No one had better or even equal lights. No fancy names, No Chinese junk, No BS gimmicks, just hard work and great products!

The start, ever dead lift a 990?

Yours truly

Night falls

Time to rip

More to fallow!
1-800-624-0278

Off Road Ryder screwed with this post 10-28-2013 at 04:41 PM
Old 10-29-2013, 01:32 PM   #585
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Congrads to Long Time Cyclops sponsored rider Erik Kudla for a strong finish in this years 24hr of Glenn Helen.

1-800-624-0278