Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2014, 11:16 AM   #736
Mr Dual Sport
Roamer

Oddometer: 1,380
Going to get a set before my big June trip.
Old 01-26-2014, 02:23 AM   #737
mjtir
n00b

Oddometer: 3
[QUOTE=Off Road Ryder;23300847]Do you currently have a dimmer setup? Other than possibly the dimmer the Long Range lights will be adaptable into your existing halogen wire harness.

My wire harness consists of fuse, relay,switch, and hot wire switching.
I use the high beam to fire the AUX lights depending of the secondary switch's position . No dimmer so far but the above suits me just fine (until now) . The harness's switch is off or on depending the area i ride...
mjtir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 12:41 AM   #738
RealestateguyInSoBay
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Anyone use the Long Rate Dual LED auxiliary light by Cyclops. I want a super clean mount and if I can't find one I'll have one designed and CNC'd, has to look great with my 2014 R1200GS. I'm looking for the brightest and best LED light for my bike.
RealestateguyInSoBay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:16 AM   #739
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Dual Sport View Post
Going to get a set before my big June trip.
Thank You Sir!!!
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:19 AM   #740
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealestateguyInSoBay View Post
Anyone use the Long Rate Dual LED auxiliary light by Cyclops. I want a super clean mount and if I can't find one I'll have one designed and CNC'd, has to look great with my 2014 R1200GS. I'm looking for the brightest and best LED light for my bike.
A handful of these have made there way onto bikes, Several ADV members are using them. Most have ended up on Semis and large equipment in the Canadian interior.
IMO a better choice for a bike is the Long Range extreme. Lighter and a longer beam throw
http://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/Long-Range-Extreme-LED-Light_p_61.html
1-800-624-0278
Old 01-28-2014, 11:13 AM   #741
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Dealers wanted

Do you have a shop or dealership and want to provide your customers the best Lighting products backed up by the best warranty in the industry?
Cyclops has more than 200 dealers world wide and would like to expand our dealer network.
We are self distributed and offer the service and support that the large distributors just cant offer.
To enquire please send us a PM, Email or give me a call at
1 800 624 0278
1-800-624-0278
Old 01-28-2014, 02:28 PM   #742
squadraquota
mostly harmless

Oddometer: 72
KTM euro light switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road Ryder View Post
Hi squadraquota
Thanks for asking
I have to admit that I am not very familiar with the KTM Euro switch.
That being said it should work, but so will your stock switches without putting anything extra on the bars.
You would want the skene dimmer with harness and no handle bar mounted switch.
That setup will allow you to run the LED aux lights via the stock controls, the factory high beam switch will activate the LEDs dimming functions.
You can adjust the dimming from 0 to 100%
Alternatively the Cyclops handle bar mounted switch can be used to keep your aux lights independent of the high beams, or I should say allow you to turn them completely off., I think that's what the euro switch would also allow you to do.
Hi Darryl,

about the Euro light switch, KTM packs it with their OEM aux leds. Makes it a plug 'n play solution, you just replace the stock start/stop switch and plug in the molex connectors from the lights. Installation instructions here http://www.ktmtwins.com/install-docs...33_install.pdf

Apparently one position turns the aux lights on, the second position will turn the aux leds on when hi beam is activated.

I thought it might be interesting to you, perhaps this might be used by Cyclops as well to make a plug 'n play solution for your aux lights, as an alternative for those interested.

As you know I am considering getting the Skene dimmer as well and use the switch to choose between off/dim/full output, put perhaps I may choose the 'KTM OEM' set up as well. Both ways I can figure out the wiring myself, but the easier the better

Anyway, I will wait with oredering until mid feb when you evaluate the LED main beam bulb you are testing; when it goes on sale I will get one to replace my halogen hi beam (lo is HID already). Waste of money to pay S&H to Europe twice
squadraquota is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 06:54 PM   #743
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by squadraquota View Post
Hi Darryl,

about the Euro light switch, KTM packs it with their OEM aux leds. Makes it a plug 'n play solution, you just replace the stock start/stop switch and plug in the molex connectors from the lights. Installation instructions here http://www.ktmtwins.com/install-docs...33_install.pdf

Apparently one position turns the aux lights on, the second position will turn the aux leds on when hi beam is activated.

I thought it might be interesting to you, perhaps this might be used by Cyclops as well to make a plug 'n play solution for your aux lights, as an alternative for those interested.

As you know I am considering getting the Skene dimmer as well and use the switch to choose between off/dim/full output, put perhaps I may choose the 'KTM OEM' set up as well. Both ways I can figure out the wiring myself, but the easier the better

Anyway, I will wait with oredering until mid feb when you evaluate the LED main beam bulb you are testing; when it goes on sale I will get one to replace my halogen hi beam (lo is HID already). Waste of money to pay S&H to Europe twice
Thanks Ill look into that, Much appreciated.
I do have a plan to offer a replacement light kit for the weak and frail KTM aux lights.
One thing I see as a possible issue is setting up the dimmer with the euro switch, It may not be an issue at all, depending on how the high beam is triggered.
1-800-624-0278
Old 01-29-2014, 06:43 AM   #744
gregdee
Motocampist

Oddometer: 421
Dimmer switch

I am not completely sure why someone would need a dimmer. My guess is that because the lights are so bright you cannot run them at full power without blinding other drivers. The lower power settings would be used when driving in traffic while the higher power setting could be used when you are way off the beaten path and need all the light you can get. Is this correct? Or, can one run a system without the dimmer just switching off the aux lights as one would a high beam? The later seems more complicated in execution.
gregdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:29 AM   #745
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregdee View Post
I am not completely sure why someone would need a dimmer. My guess is that because the lights are so bright you cannot run them at full power without blinding other drivers. The lower power settings would be used when driving in traffic while the higher power setting could be used when you are way off the beaten path and need all the light you can get. Is this correct? Or, can one run a system without the dimmer just switching off the aux lights as one would a high beam? The later seems more complicated in execution.
Thanks for asking.
Its a personal preference thing. But yes if you run these LED's at full power into oncoming traffic you will cause issues for the other drivers.
Many do hook the switched power wire into their high beam with no dimmer, lights come on with high beam and off when in low beam
With a dimmer setup you can do the same, however when you switch to low beam you still have light from the LED Aux lights.
1-800-624-0278
Old 01-30-2014, 02:59 PM   #746
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Im usually no Football fan, In fact I make it a plan to be riding most sundays, but the local buzz about The Seahawks is crazy. Yes Im one of those fair weather fans

Im throwing up an offer only good here on ADV Rider,
If the Seahawks win the super bowl 20% off any Cyclops Product in stock.
Ill keep the offer valid for 3 days after Seattle wins the Superbowl and post a discount code should they actually pull it off.
Go Hawks!!
1-800-624-0278
Old 01-30-2014, 03:49 PM   #747
cba191
wanna buy a monkey?

Oddometer: 688
if the hawks win (which is who I'm rooting for anyway), I'll be mad I ordered when I did. Lol
cba191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 02:47 PM   #748
arrcrussell
Gimme Dirt

Oddometer: 562
I'm glad I waited!

Go Hawks!!!!!
arrcrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 02:58 PM   #749
arrcrussell
Gimme Dirt

Oddometer: 562
Query about wiring harness for the IQ-175

I'm considering a set of 2 lights - both 20 degree Round Long Range Optimus LED Auxiliary lights along with the Skene IQ-175. Is this the correct option on your web site - "Skene Dimmable harness with no switch (Motorcycle) [+$69.95]" to get the IQ-175 with a harness? What's included with the harness? Thanks
arrcrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 04:17 PM   #750
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrcrussell View Post
I'm considering a set of 2 lights - both 20 degree Round Long Range Optimus LED Auxiliary lights along with the Skene IQ-175. Is this the correct option on your web site - "Skene Dimmable harness with no switch (Motorcycle) [+$69.95]" to get the IQ-175 with a harness? What's included with the harness? Thanks
Thank You for the question, I guess I should update this thread with a photo of the Skene setup.
Im really a fan of the Skene dimmer, not only for its slim design and less wires, no relays etc, but it is very user customizable.

This option
"Skene Dimmable harness with no switch (Motorcycle) [+$69.95]"

sets you up with the skene dimmer and prewired harness from the lights too the skene dimmer with no relays, the wires that will reach to your factory switches or tie into the appropriate wires on your bike as well as a fused power wire. basically everything you should need for a quality install.
The skene instructions are very good and easy to fallow.
This is great for installing the least amount of added components to your bike.

If you where to chose the Skene dimmer option with a switch, the wiring harness is the same as above, but also includes a handle bar mounted switch that the customer can chose to use as a main on/off or in the dimming functions (rather than the HIGH beam circuit)

If a rider was to not chose the skene dimmer option the harness has relays, much more bulk (wire)and all necessary wiring to install the lights with no dimmer. You can still wire them in to come on with the high beam, or order a handle bar mounted switch and use that to operate the lights as on and off.
1-800-624-0278