Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2014, 05:06 PM   #751
ssevy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 802
I have a 95 Triumph Tiger, and want to add some auxiliary lights for better conspicuity, as well as to provide more lighting for my 55 year old eyes while night riding here in the Adirondacks where whitetails are prevalent.
The Tiger alternator output is not great, and I wish to add some heated gear at some point, so your LED lights look like just the ticket.
I am having a difficult time deciding between the 10 watt and 25 watt options, although the added flood lenses and amber lenses of the 25 watt units would seem to provide better conspicuity and help to illuminate the margins of the roads where the deer like to congregate before stepping out into the road.
Boiled down: are the 10 watt units enough, or do I have to sacrifice more alternator output for the 25s to do what I am after? If I do the 25 watt lenses, do you have a carry case for carrying them on the bike during trips when I want to swap them out, and can they be swapped multiple times easily?

Thanks!
ssevy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:16 AM   #752
cba191
wanna buy a monkey?

Oddometer: 689
Finally managed to get them installed on my Tiger. Pretty straightforward, but a bit of a pain on the old girl. Not a ton of mounting options, and practically needed to disassemble the whole thing to get the wiring done. They are definitely bright though. I like that you can adjust the brightness from the high beam switch.
cba191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:45 AM   #753
michigan400
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road Ryder View Post
Im usually no Football fan, In fact I make it a plan to be riding most sundays, but the local buzz about The Seahawks is crazy. Yes Im one of those fair weather fans

Im throwing up an offer only good here on ADV Rider,
If the Seahawks win the super bowl 20% off any Cyclops Product in stock.
Ill keep the offer valid for 3 days after Seattle wins the Superbowl and post a discount code should they actually pull it off.
Go Hawks!!
You picked a good game to be a "fair weather fan"!! Congrats! Looks like someone will be getting a good deal on some lights!
michigan400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:17 AM   #754
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssevy View Post
I have a 95 Triumph Tiger, and want to add some auxiliary lights for better conspicuity, as well as to provide more lighting for my 55 year old eyes while night riding here in the Adirondacks where whitetails are prevalent.
The Tiger alternator output is not great, and I wish to add some heated gear at some point, so your LED lights look like just the ticket.
I am having a difficult time deciding between the 10 watt and 25 watt options, although the added flood lenses and amber lenses of the 25 watt units would seem to provide better conspicuity and help to illuminate the margins of the roads where the deer like to congregate before stepping out into the road.
Boiled down: are the 10 watt units enough, or do I have to sacrifice more alternator output for the 25s to do what I am after? If I do the 25 watt lenses, do you have a carry case for carrying them on the bike during trips when I want to swap them out, and can they be swapped multiple times easily?

Thanks!
The 10 watt versions are very potent. I guarantee that they will work great as conspicuity lights and also work very well for night riding, for your application I would recommend the 20 degree units.
The 25's are crazy bright with the longest distance of ANY aux led available. Having the option to quickly change covers for different lighting affects is really nice. changing the filter is just a matter of popping off one and popping on another no tools required.
We do have some felt bags, If you want one with your order let us know and I can throw one in.

I
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:20 AM   #755
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan400 View Post
You picked a good game to be a "fair weather fan"!! Congrats! Looks like someone will be getting a good deal on some lights!
For Sure!!

The deal is on save 20% on any Cyclops product in stock.
We will get a code active asap. Ill post back once its active later today.
1-800-624-0278
Old 02-03-2014, 08:30 AM   #756
purplepeopleeater
The Official VW Nut

Oddometer: 138
Quote:
For Sure!!

The deal is on save 20% on any Cyclops product in stock.
We will get a code active asap. Ill post back once its active later today.

yes, do that....Been thinking of some aux lights.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:50 AM   #757
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepeopleeater View Post
yes, do that....Been thinking of some aux lights.
a little scrambling going on here right now. WE will get the code up asap, if anyone wants to call in prior to us getting the code up please do so.
1 800 624 0278
1-800-624-0278
Old 02-03-2014, 11:26 AM   #758
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Please use the code Seahawk to take advantage of 20% off any Cyclops product, this offer is not stackable with our regular ADV rider discounts.
The sale is good threw the 6th.
Thanks for all the calls this am
1-800-624-0278
Old 02-03-2014, 11:53 AM   #759
arrcrussell
Gimme Dirt

Oddometer: 544
Quote:
Thanks for all the calls this am
Ordered mine this morning! Thanks!!
arrcrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:12 PM   #760
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrcrussell View Post
Ordered mine this morning! Thanks!!
Thank You!!
1-800-624-0278
Old 02-03-2014, 12:18 PM   #761
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

What a crazy morning, Thank you all
We just sold out of the bar mounts,10 sets of lights in 3 hrs. Thank You!!
I will honor all 20% off sales made during this 3 day period to include the out of stock 7/8-1 1/4 tube mounts.
Tube mounts should be back in stock by next Monday.
1-800-624-0278
Old 02-03-2014, 01:35 PM   #762
JustinT
I will ride my whole life

Oddometer: 947
Off Road Ryder, can you tell us a little about the long range light headlight setup that was on Konflict's KTM Super Enduro? (http://www.konflictmotorsports.com/b...e-light-review) I'm looking for mounting options for my SE and didn't know how to pull off dual 5" since I don't have crash bars. Was thinking 10watt would be ok on my forks but exploring the options. .. (More light is almost always better, right?)

Thanks!
Old 02-03-2014, 02:52 PM   #763
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinT View Post
Off Road Ryder, can you tell us a little about the long range light headlight setup that was on Konflict's KTM Super Enduro? (http://www.konflictmotorsports.com/b...e-light-review) I'm looking for mounting options for my SE and didn't know how to pull off dual 5" since I don't have crash bars. Was thinking 10watt would be ok on my forks but exploring the options. .. (More light is almost always better, right?)

Thanks!
The Konflict bike is running our Long Range Extreme Race light, basically 2 Long Range extremes in a nice alu frame. also running the skene dimmer wired into the factory switches.
http://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/Extreme-LED-Race-light_p_64.html

There where mods that needed to be done in order for it to fit the SE. the ignition switch is in the way, Alex's spaced the light out with some delrin spacers he had made.
A guy could build there own platform to hold the lights in the same position.
1-800-624-0278
Old 02-03-2014, 03:18 PM   #764
PNWRider
Live an Adventure!

Oddometer: 27
Long Range Extreme Filters

I just ordered some long range extremes for my Super Tenere but I forgot to ask you about the differences in your snap on filters.

I see you have wide beam clear and just clear filters. Would the clear lens work to protect the lights from rock chips, and do they have much/any effect on the beam pattern?

How about the wide beam filters, what scenarios do you suggest these get used?

My main use of these lights is to light up the back roads of my nightly commute in hopes they help me get a jump any critters before they jump. Now that I have written this I am thinking a plain clear for the left side and a wide beam for the right would be good, thoughts? If you think its a good idea can you add it to my order?

Thanks for your commitment to great customer service; it shows through in this thread. I am looking forward to getting them hooked up and being able to SEE.

-Ryan
PNWRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 05:29 PM   #765
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWRider View Post
I just ordered some long range extremes for my Super Tenere but I forgot to ask you about the differences in your snap on filters.

I see you have wide beam clear and just clear filters. Would the clear lens work to protect the lights from rock chips, and do they have much/any effect on the beam pattern?

How about the wide beam filters, what scenarios do you suggest these get used?

My main use of these lights is to light up the back roads of my nightly commute in hopes they help me get a jump any critters before they jump. Now that I have written this I am thinking a plain clear for the left side and a wide beam for the right would be good, thoughts? If you think its a good idea can you add it to my order?

Thanks for your commitment to great customer service; it shows through in this thread. I am looking forward to getting them hooked up and being able to SEE.

-Ryan
Thanks for the Order Ryan!!

The lights use a polycarbonate lens, no cover is necessary, You would be hard pressed to break a lens.
The wide angle filters make a HUGE difference in how the light projects.
Photos below..

So far on my own bike Im using ambers during the day, and clear at night, although when I raced the bike at the 24hr in oct I ran the Ambers during the night when it got very foggy, the ambers helped quite a bit. I had the 5th fastest lap time on a 950 against real dirt bikes, That wasn't due to riding skill.
I could see where most others where riding by brail.

I could see a guy using the wide angle filters for medium or slower paced trail riding or running one wide range and the other side normal like you commented on. Even with the wide filters on both lights they project farther than 99% of the LED aux lights available today. Its a setup I most likely will be running on my Thursday night rides this summer.

Our mission is to provide the best possible customer service with great products Thank You
I know you will find them useful, I can add them to your order.

Here the truck is at 600 ft with the cones at 100 ft intervals, the gate is approx. 950 ft with the far tree line at 1200 plus

Long Range extreme with wide clear filters

Long Range extreme with no filters
1-800-624-0278