ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 10:28 AM   #106
WOTDesigns
Adventurer
 
WOTDesigns's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Oddometer: 97
Any time Turbo! Enjoy.

I did get to the bottom of the shipping issue: FLEXIBLE.

USPS considers an envelope with a rigid object inside it a package not an envelope EVEN THOUGH Stamps.com popped up a warning saying that the BOX OR PACKAGEING must be rigid to be a package rate... Technically it can't bend in half due to the contents so its actually a package not an envelope.

Learn something new every day.

The sad part is the other 40 that the USPS didn't notice... local USPS guy said "I'm surprised anyone even noticed one out of 50" LOL
__________________
Brian Carmicheal
OMNI-CRUISE: Control Your RIDE (by WOT Designs)
info@omni-cruise.com facebook.com/omnicruise
www.omni-cruise.com ADVRider discount is 12% off. PM ME FOR THE CODE
WOTDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:08 PM   #107
vwboomer
Buffoon
 
vwboomer's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: WI
Oddometer: 9,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOTDesigns View Post
Any time Turbo! Enjoy.

I did get to the bottom of the shipping issue: FLEXIBLE.

USPS considers an envelope with a rigid object inside it a package not an envelope EVEN THOUGH Stamps.com popped up a warning saying that the BOX OR PACKAGEING must be rigid to be a package rate... Technically it can't bend in half due to the contents so its actually a package not an envelope.

Learn something new every day.

The sad part is the other 40 that the USPS didn't notice... local USPS guy said "I'm surprised anyone even noticed one out of 50" LOL

someone had extra coffee that day

what does the band do, exactly? provide more surface for the clamp to grab? I tried it without it today as I didn't want to take my bark buster off, and it worked ok, I might move the BB farther on the end of the bar as my hand is a bit cramped between the lock and the bar end though so can put it on. Going to also try moving my brake lever farther outboard as the reach is longer now - no fancy adjustable levers here

works well though.
__________________
It's important to own a great adventure bike, and leave it in the garage because there's no time to adventure
vwboomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:26 PM   #108
WOTDesigns
Adventurer
 
WOTDesigns's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Oddometer: 97
The silicone blend in the band was designed to create a consistent coefficiency of friction if need. On metal grips its required, on soft grips its optional. Some grips use very tacky rubber so the OC is hard to rotate smoothly. There the band will help. On tapered grips the ridges in the band help keep the band from from angling out towards the bar end.

Even I get a larger production run done on the instructions I'll add that in. Have 500 printing now for the big show next weekend which its a HUGE time crunch.

Anyone in SoCal who wants to see/feel one can swing by BOOTH 2124 AT IMS in Long Beach next weekend :)
__________________
Brian Carmicheal
OMNI-CRUISE: Control Your RIDE (by WOT Designs)
info@omni-cruise.com facebook.com/omnicruise
www.omni-cruise.com ADVRider discount is 12% off. PM ME FOR THE CODE
WOTDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:33 AM   #109
Droptarotter
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Cloverdale
Oddometer: 1,132
Mine finally arrived today...........so that was 17 days to Canada........but there was what could have been a 4 day US holiday in there.

The Omni Cruise looks great! Glad I ordered another one!

Brian, why did you put so many washers on the adjuster?

Cheers
__________________
HP2 Sport, R1200S, R100S, KTM 640 Adventure, KTM 520 EXC/Motard, Yamaha RZ350, Hodaka 125 Wombat
Droptarotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:33 AM   #110
WOTDesigns
Adventurer
 
WOTDesigns's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Oddometer: 97
:) been waiting for that question.

Tighten the thumb screw till the two metal halves meet and the thumb screw should STOP turning. now keep on turning and notice the gradual progressive increase in resistance. Those are brazilian 17-7 belleville washers stacked in dual opposing stacks. It is what actually makes the omni WORK. without them its nearly impossible to find a good adjustment to hold the throttle, stop the omni from loosening with vibration, but still be able to rotate it when you need to AND be able to turn the omni with just your thumb. Took over 2 months and literally hundreds of combinations of spring rates, stack configurations, sizes, thicknesses and geometry to get it right.
__________________
Brian Carmicheal
OMNI-CRUISE: Control Your RIDE (by WOT Designs)
info@omni-cruise.com facebook.com/omnicruise
www.omni-cruise.com ADVRider discount is 12% off. PM ME FOR THE CODE
WOTDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:21 AM   #111
2brnut2b
Adventurer
 
2brnut2b's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Quebec City, QC, Canada
Oddometer: 34
Ordered mine this morning, order no 197, take a look at my Order instructions/Comments please !

Thanks !
2brnut2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:43 AM   #112
Droptarotter
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Cloverdale
Oddometer: 1,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOTDesigns View Post
:) been waiting for that question.

Tighten the thumb screw till the two metal halves meet and the thumb screw should STOP turning. now keep on turning and notice the gradual progressive increase in resistance. Those are brazilian 17-7 belleville washers stacked in dual opposing stacks. It is what actually makes the omni WORK. without them its nearly impossible to find a good adjustment to hold the throttle, stop the omni from loosening with vibration, but still be able to rotate it when you need to AND be able to turn the omni with just your thumb. Took over 2 months and literally hundreds of combinations of spring rates, stack configurations, sizes, thicknesses and geometry to get it right.

Well thank god you used Brazilian bellevilles, and did not use American belleville washers!!!!

My first thought was "why didn't he just put a spring in there?"........and my second thought.......after a couple of Scotch's was........."I should be able to save some weight and get rid of some of these washers!"................remember............that was after imbibing in some fine 12 year old...........Scotch, that is!!

If I had been able to see the washers for what they are, I would have recognized the bellevilles............I've never seen them that small before!

You might want to include a warning on your instruction sheet to dissuade foolish individuals from removing the adjuster screw. If those bellevilles are not stacked correctly, you will not have any spring tension. EDIT........finally had a look at the instruction sheet, and see you did put a warning on there

Once again............great product at a reasonable price!

Thanks Brian
__________________
HP2 Sport, R1200S, R100S, KTM 640 Adventure, KTM 520 EXC/Motard, Yamaha RZ350, Hodaka 125 Wombat

Droptarotter screwed with this post 12-02-2012 at 12:02 PM
Droptarotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:26 PM   #113
WOTDesigns
Adventurer
 
WOTDesigns's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Oddometer: 97
lol. I'm sat here thinking... dang it I could have sworn I put it in there!

Just had a few printed for me that will go inside the zipper bag and can't remember if it was in those or not. Meah, I damage the last thread on the screw anyways before putting the plastic on so it can't vibrate apart if left in a side bag alone or what not. If someone unscrews it all the way they pass "dunce" about three turns after they have to switch to pliers to keep it turning ;)

Glad you like it!
__________________
Brian Carmicheal
OMNI-CRUISE: Control Your RIDE (by WOT Designs)
info@omni-cruise.com facebook.com/omnicruise
www.omni-cruise.com ADVRider discount is 12% off. PM ME FOR THE CODE
WOTDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:25 PM   #114
Droptarotter
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Cloverdale
Oddometer: 1,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOTDesigns View Post
lol. I'm sat here thinking... dang it I could have sworn I put it in there!

Just had a few printed for me that will go inside the zipper bag and can't remember if it was in those or not. Meah, I damage the last thread on the screw anyways before putting the plastic on so it can't vibrate apart if left in a side bag alone or what not. If someone unscrews it all the way they pass "dunce" about three turns after they have to switch to pliers to keep it turning ;)

Glad you like it!
Yep, noticed that little centre punch mark on the last thread once I put my glasses on.............looks like you thought of all the fine details for such a simple device.

I think I am going to put a zip tie through a couple of the holes on mine, once I have it dialled in, just to keep other unsavoury inmates from acquiring it!

I'll post pictures once I get a chance!

Cheers
__________________
HP2 Sport, R1200S, R100S, KTM 640 Adventure, KTM 520 EXC/Motard, Yamaha RZ350, Hodaka 125 Wombat
Droptarotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:15 AM   #115
WOTDesigns
Adventurer
 
WOTDesigns's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Oddometer: 97
That is a clever idea! Wonder if they make the metal zip ties in black?
__________________
Brian Carmicheal
OMNI-CRUISE: Control Your RIDE (by WOT Designs)
info@omni-cruise.com facebook.com/omnicruise
www.omni-cruise.com ADVRider discount is 12% off. PM ME FOR THE CODE
WOTDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:25 AM   #116
White Tenere
Look a moose
 
White Tenere's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: SoCal
Oddometer: 731
Just ordered one...
White Tenere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:06 PM   #117
Droptarotter
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Cloverdale
Oddometer: 1,132
My second order only took 12 days this time to get to Canada.

Thanks again
__________________
HP2 Sport, R1200S, R100S, KTM 640 Adventure, KTM 520 EXC/Motard, Yamaha RZ350, Hodaka 125 Wombat
Droptarotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:34 PM   #118
RandoCommando
Wannabe
 
RandoCommando's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Philthadelphia, Pennsylvania
Oddometer: 1,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOTDesigns View Post
Alright guys - it's 8 am and I alway have been asked about CYBER MONDAY sale 3 times. I was in the shop all 4 days over the holiday weekend and think I might actually be ahead of the order curve for a few weeks SO:

CYBER MONDAY SALE in effect!

30% off all new orders (can not be combined with any other discount)

Thats only $34.99 folks

The idea is to give them as gifts right? (sure) With that in mind I haven't forgotten all of the kind souls who have already ordered. ONLY UNTIL TUESDAY AT MIDNIGHT PST anyone who has already ordered can pm or email me for a code FOR 50% OFF! Please include your order number. That ought to make giving a gift a little easier. You know you have a friend who needs one, give the gift of "no more wrist shaking at stop signs" for Christmas!
Bah! I wish I had seen this during the sale.
But alas, I didn't know this product existed until just now when an inmate posted it on another thread.
Looks like a great product. I'll definitely order one in the future.
__________________
1999 KLR 650 (her name is KLaRissa) DOOHICKEY DONE!
2013 BMW F800GS (her name is FranGelicaS)
Please. Ride careful, ride safe, ride defensively! This thread should be mandatory reading!
MySPOT
RandoCommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:11 PM   #119
glynb
Relentless Underachiever
 
glynb's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: N/W Louisiana
Oddometer: 771
Got my Omni-cruise today. A very well built peice of equipment, much better than the piece of crap vista-cruise that slipped all the time. Very simple concept. I'm looking forward to using it on the next big trip.
__________________
glynb
02 Honda ST1100 "STella"

"Pour yourself some backbone, and shaddup!"
Movie- Colt .45
glynb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:33 PM   #120
WOTDesigns
Adventurer
 
WOTDesigns's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Oddometer: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by glynb View Post
Got my Omni-cruise today. A very well built peice of equipment, much better than the piece of crap vista-cruise that slipped all the time. Very simple concept. I'm looking forward to using it on the next big trip.
I'm quoting you on my website :) Thanks, I'm glad you appreciate the time spent on details.

The IMS show was insane. Anyone stateside that gets a chance its worth checking out. Lots of amazing bikes, deals, and... "eye candy". Definitely ecstatic with the response from probably 1000 people that got to test out the Omni this weekend!

Now back to machining!
__________________
Brian Carmicheal
OMNI-CRUISE: Control Your RIDE (by WOT Designs)
info@omni-cruise.com facebook.com/omnicruise
www.omni-cruise.com ADVRider discount is 12% off. PM ME FOR THE CODE
WOTDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014